1.5 Hearts

Two Hearts

 

It had been a week since Eunjung’s mother been admitted to the hospital. Eunjung had been there taking care of her.

Nickhun on the other had enjoyed his stay in her neighbourhood since they had became friends few days ago.

Eunjung and her mother also had become closer since her mother had forgiven Eunjung.

The night came when Nickhun accompany Eunjung as she walked home after a while. They took the same route they walked when he first followed Eunjung.

Eunjung walked ahead of Nickhun. Her steps were slow and same goes to him as he was admiring the night.

Suddenly , it rains. Eunjung was panicked as she ran as fast as she could.

A hand reached her and pulled her faster somewhere.

For a moment , time stopped for Eunjung. The rain seemed to fall down in slow motion. Even their movements. Despite the rain , Eunjung can only see him as he pulled her.

He stopped under a big tree. The rain was so heavy that made them both drenched wet. They took cover under the big tree.

Their eyes were on each other at the same time.

Eunjung chuckled as she found it funny. To see her laughing , he smiled.

They both looked into the rain as the cold wind passed them.

Nickhun eyes went to Eunjung slowly. That fair face of hers , that wet hair.

DUP! DUP!

Nickhun tried to control himself and turning around not facing her.

“Waeyeo?” Eunjung asked worried when he suddenly acted like that.

“Not...nothing....” He tried to cover as his face blushing. His heart beating were beyond crazy.

Eunjung hold his arm and pulled him facing her. Her eyes were on him.

Seeing her , he just couldn’t hold it anymore. He pulled her towards him and hugged her tightly. Eunjung was shocked that she hardly breath herself.

DUP! DUP! DUP!

Eunjung frozen.

Slowly her head rested on his chest. She closed her eyes concentrating in his heartbeat.

“It’s the same.” Eunjung muttered.

“What?” Nickhun asked as he released his hug.

“Nothing.” Eunjung said as looking away.

“The rain had stopped. Let’s go!”

Eunjung ran leaving him under the tree.

--

He walked into the small wooden house.

Eunjung threw a towel at him. While , she tried to dry herself with her own towels.

“You should get bath. If not you might caught a cold. My father’s old clothes were still here somewhere. I will get it for you.” Eunjung said.

Nickhun nodded and went straight into the bathroom.

--

Nickhun had finished bathing. He walked to the kitchen wearing a big and shabby clothes of Eunjung’s father.  The smell was a bit off but he wore it waiting for his clothes to dry.

Nickhun sat at the sofa while waiting for Eunjung turn to take her bath.

The house was small that he could take a tour with few steps.

Pictures after pictures. He smiled to see how close Eunjung was with her mother. It made him wondered how they ended up separating.

Then , his eyes were on a picture of kindergarten graduating photo. The girl wasn’t smiled. She frowned. Her eyes were teary. It was so sad. His eyes fixed at that picture.

“That was when the first time I felt lost.” Eunjung said that made him turned to her.

“That’s when I realised someone was missing. My father. I never known him. Things got worst when I went to middle school. I got bullied for not having a father.”

Nickhun sat at the sofa while she walked to the picture and took it. She sat beside him as her eyes were on that picture of her.

She sighed.

“That clothes you were wearing was the only thing I had from him.” Eunjung continued.

Nickhun felt sudden changes in his feelings.

“May I protected you then?” He asked in his heart.

“What?” Eunjung asked suddenly that made him startled as if she could hear him.

He just shook his head with a smile.

--

Morning came by , Eunjung walked to the kitchen half asleep. Her eyes then were on Nickhun that was sleeping on the sofa.

Eunjung walked slowly to him and she took a good close at his face.

“It’s perfect. Clean forehead. Nice and thick eyebrows. Long eyelashes. Hurmmm..... handsome nose ...... lips.....” Eunjung gulped as her eyes were on his lips.

“Waeyo?” Nickhun suddenly asked. Hearing his voice , Eunjung almost jumped. She walked fastly to the side when she stopped as her hand was held.

“Waeyo?” He asked again not releasing her hand as he positioned himself in the sitting position.

--

Taecyeon was smiling brightly. He changed for the better. After his collaboration with Yoona , the cafe were getting crowd.

Everyone likes the new theme. It went busy days after days.

Yoona was paid to play piano on certain days. The other days , there will be other person’s stage.

It was late at night.

Yoona and Jiyeon were locking the door of the cafe before going home. They were laughing happily when Taecyeon appeared before them.

“ Need a ride?” he offered.

--

After dropped Jiyeon in front of her house , it left Taecyeon and Yoona in the car alone.

“Boss....My house....” Yoona tried to talk when she was interrupted.

“I know...I went there a few times remembered?” Taecyeon said that made Yoona smiled.

“It had been a week but I never had the opportunity to say thank you.” Taecyeon said.

“Well , you paid me for it. So , no need to thank me. Besides , I should be the one to thank you. That porridge was damn good.!”

Hearing her complimented him , he smiled broadly. He never felt this good before.

--

He got down from his car and walked her along the way to her house.

“No need to accompany me till here.” Yoona told him as they reached her front door.

“I insist to. It’s dangerous.” Taecyeon said then made gestures telling her to go inside the house. Yoona bowed to him and walked inside.

After a while , he turned around and walked to his car.

He turned to look at the house as if he waited for her to say something.

But he smiled instead after confirming she went inside the house safely.

--

Nickhun and Eunjung were laughing happily as they walked into her mother’s room.

Eunjung smile faded as she opened the door and saw an old guy which almost the same age as her mother was standing in front of the bed.

They were staring at each other for a while until they not aware of Eunjung and Nickhun.

Eunjung took few steps closer slowly.

“Omma?” She called.

Both figure looked at her. Her mother’s face turn pale. As the guy looked at Eunjung with admiration.

Nickhun was standing at the back confused with the situation but he was looking at Eunjung, searching for her expression.