1.8 Hearts

Two Hearts

 

They both looked puzzle seeing each other.

Eunjung sighed.

“yah!! Why are you sighing?? I am the one that should do the sighing!!” Taecyeon said as he pulled the frustrated look.

“Childish....aigooo.....” Eunjung said again. This time she walked away leaving him.

Taecyeon snorted. He grabbed her arm.

“Dangshin who are you to leave me? I should be the one that dump....” Taecyeon gasped as he felt the sudden pain on his knee.

Eunjung pretended to punch him in the face while he rub his knee.

“Aish....” Eunjung threatened him and walked out from the restaurant.

--

Eunjung sighed deeply inside the car.

She took her phone and dialled up a number.

“Unnie....Can I visit my mum today? Jaebalyo~ I will be back tomorrow...de...kamsahamnida...”

Eunjung just called Gahee.

“Ahjussi....just dropped me here by the bustop.” Eunjung told the driver.

She walked out of the car and waited patiently for the bus.

--

She got down from the bus and smiled as she saw that figure that was walking towards her.

He smiled widely at her. He then put his jumper on her. She pouted her face as he was putting on his jumper on her.

“Are you on date or something?” He asked.

She shook her head.

“I met the worst person ever!” She told him then giggled.

--

That night , Eunjung kept moving beside her mother. She couldn’t sleep.

She opened the door and walked out of the room. She closed the door slowly not wanting to wake her mother.

“Can’t sleep????” A voice asked from behind that made she almost jumped surprised.

Nickhun was standing behind her. She walked to him and using her fist , she hit him.

“Aaaa...it’s hurt...” Nickhun shrieked in pain.

--

They both sat at the dining table.

Eunjung was looking at the glass of water she hold.

Nickhun was staring at her for a while.

She then looked at Nickhun that was staring at her.

“Waeyo??? Is there something at my face??” She asked.

“Yeah...” he said then stand up and hit her at her forehead.

“Ouch....what’s that for???” Eunjung asked as she rubbed her forehead. She pouted.

Nickhun went back to his seat.

“That’s to make you look younger. You aged just now. Like...an ahjumma....” He whispered and looked at her disgusted jokingly.

“Ah....What??” Eunjung chuckled then wanted to hit him on the forehead also. Nickhun dodge. He stood up and started running around the dining table.

“Yah! Come here!!” Eunjung half whispered.

Nickhun stick out his tongue and keep dodging Eunjung.

Their laughed faded into night.

--

Eunjung walked out of the room and jumped to see Nanny was there at her living room.

“Nanny????Why are you here??” She asked.

However , Nanny didn’t answer. She looked straight at Eunjung.

Eunjung just couldn’t look at Nanny in the eyes knowing what this was about. Behind Nanny was Gahee that frowned.

“Eunjung aa...whoo..” Eunjung’s mother stopped talking as soon as she saw Nanny. She bowed to Nanny.

--

Eunjung walked out of the house when her mother made her buy fruits which she never bought before.

“Is it that tense???” Nickhun asked. Eunjung looked up and saw Nickhun was leaning on the wall with his hands on his pockets.

“Aigooo....what to do? Your Nanny looking very paled this morning when I opened the gate. She thought I lived here with you. Hurmm...I should move out soon...” He said then walked to her.

“Where are you going?” He asked her.

“To the grocery store. Omma told me to buy fruits.” She said then walked passed Nickhun.

--

Eunjung and Nickhun walked into the house when suddenly Eunjung was hit by a broom. She was hit repeatedly. The fruits fall on the ground.

“Omma!!!!” The only words that she can say when she saw her mom’s face. Nickhun was shocked but looking at them both , he came between them.

He pushed Eunjung behind him and was terrified to see Eunjung’s mother’s determined expression. She looked very angry for some reasons.

“Omma~~” Eunjung half cried.

“Why are you doing this to me!!!! Wae!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Her mother yelled at her.

Eunjung still hiding behind Nickhun.

“You...why ..... marriage????? And it’s not based on love but business??!! Are you out of your mind??!” Eunjung’s mother asked.

Hearing that , Nickhun went quiet. He stopped breathing.

“Yah!!!! Come here!!” Eunjung’s mother chased her around.

“Omma~ Mianhae~~~” Eunjung pleaded.

While Nickhun just stood there as his world turn upside down. He had this mixed feelings. Everything around him just went down in slow motion.

--

Taecyeon was stressed out. His work just piled up as soon as he worked in the headquarter. His mother kept nagging since last night about the blind date.

He was sitting in his office when Yoona knocked and walked inside.

“You have a meeting in an hour.” Yoona told him.

“You could have told me using these....” Taecyeon said tensely while he showed the phone beside him.

“Wae???? You never used them??!” Taecyeon continued.

“You turn them dead. I called many times.” Yoona told him coldly and bowed. She then walked out of the room.

Yoona went to sit at her seat in front of his room. She bit her lips and cursed him.

She sat there and started doing her paperwork.

Then , she looked up and saw Taecyeon. He was looking at the other side of the room.

“Ehem....Mian..” He said then walked inside his room.

Yoona was puzzled to see him acted like that. But then she giggled.

“Why am I even bother to apologised to her?? Aishh....” Taecyeon muttered.

--

“Mian....you have to see us like that.” Eunjung apologised to Nickhun as he was drinking a glass of water at the kitchen.

He just shook his head. He forced a smile then walked passed Eunjung.

Eunjung dumbfounded with his cold treatment towards her.

He then stopped walking. Without looking at her.

“Congratulations. For your wedding.” He closed his eyes as he said that. He found it was hard to even talk to her.

Eunjung on the other hand felt like she was stabbed right in her heart.

She felt sudden pain that she bit her lips and keep hitting her chest to make the pain go away. However , it was not physical pain that it can go away that easily.

She looked as his back turned at her.

He was walking away further away from her. It just like a few seconds ago , Nickhun and Eunjung were so closed to each other and laughing about the same thing.

--

“Omma~ I’ll be back next week.”Eunjung told her mother and hugged her as she walked into the car that Nanny sent.

Eunjung was kept looking around for Nickhun. Her mother realised what she was searching for sighed.

“He might fall asleep. It’s already 9....” Eunjung’s mom told her.

“It just 9...” Eunjung muttered.

“Go...your Nanny might be angry at me again.” Her mother pushed her and she walked into the car.

The car drive away. Eunjung waving her hand at her mother that did the same.

But she was disappointed and confused at the same time. The way Nickhun treated her was different.

--

Eunjung’s mother was waving at her.

“Is that the best you could do???” Eunjung’s mother asked that made Nickhun that was standing beside the door jumped.

“How...” Nickhun couldn’t finish his words when Eunjung’s mother place her hand on his shoulder.

“I know my daughter better than anyone else. She didn’t realised it. Lead her if you have the gut. If not , stay away from my daughter.” She said cooly and hit him on his chest.

“Woa....you really have a nice body...” She complimented him that made him embarrassed.

However he was thinking hard about what Eunjung’s mother had told him.

--

“Nanny.....He’s a jerk! I worked for him once...Nanny~” Eunjung tried to plead Nanny as soon as she arrived in the big house.

But Nanny wouldn’t even look at her. She gave up and walked out of the room.

She sat in front of Gahee at the living room.

“Why ?? He really is a jerk!” Eunjung muttered. Gahee just giggled.

“But he’s the son of an Enterprise that could save us all.” Gahee continued.

“Can’t I just learn how to manage a company??” Eunjung asked.

“You know what? You had made Nanny felt embarrassed to the Ok’s family.” Gahee said trying to see her expression.

Eunjung however seemed to be really guilty. She sighed.

“I think there is misunderstanding between you guys. You should sorta things out between you guys. Hmmm...how about another date? “ Gahee continued.

Eunjung looked at Gahee in the eyes. She nodded and decided to give another chance for it.

--

“Omma!!! Are you crazy???! Another date??” Taecyeon was very mad.

“But I really like this girl. She’s pretty and I want my grandchild to be pretty.” His mother said trying to persuade him.

“That is ridiculous.”

Taecyeon was wandering around the room. He thought how much more that his mother could do to make him marry that woman.

“She said she will apologised.” His mother said that made his mind changed immediately.

“Ehem...what..what did you say?” Taecyeon trying to catch again what his mother said that grasped his attention.

“Just meet her this week. Same place.” His mother said with a smile.

--

Eunjung had something else in her mind. She couldn’t stop thinking about Nickhun changes. He tried to call him many times but it had not been connected.

It had been 2 days , she called her mother and she told her that Nickhun had already moved out to Seoul.

In other words , he disappeared. The only thing that he left behind was Eunjung’s pictures. Lots of them. He took great pictures of her. He compiled it in a photo album that he made himself.

Eunjung went to her house yesterday and her mother gave it to her.

Eunjung felt sudden lost. She was worried and having mixed feelings.

Watching the birds flew away under the open sky she muttered.

“Where are you?”

--

The night had come for the date. It made both of them annoyed at the fact have to meet again.

It had been an hour and they both sat facing each other.

Eunjung crossed her arms and so was Taecyeon.

The tense situation had an aura that crept even the other people.

A very brave waiter came into the scene to ask for their order.

“Red Steak.” Taecyeon said as his eyes still staring at Eunjung.

“Nothing for me.” Eunjung said also did the same.

The waiter gone back after a huge sigh of relief that they were not killing each other.

“I thought you wanted to apologise.” Taecyeon said coldly.

“Ahaha~ What? Why should I?” Eunjung asked annoyingly.

Then the food came along and Taecyeon stuffed his food.

While Eunjung excused herself.

In the bathroom, she looked at herself in the mirror.

“Please...for appa Eunjung aa... just for him.” Eunjung said to herself and walked out to Taecyeon.

She sat and tried to make up with him.

“I’m sorry.” She said slowly.

Hearing that Taecyeon giggled that made Eunjung annoyed.

 “Well, if that’s the case....I accepted it.” He said still giggling.

“We could make things up. To be true , I don’t like you at all. Let’s make a deal.” Eunjung suggested.

“Deal? What aa.....okay....I guess my mom wouldn’t prefer this deal that much. And for your knowledge, I don’t like you either. You are flat. Not glamorous and far from my style.” He said annoyingly.

Eunjung bit her lips trying to hold her anger. She took a deep breath.

“Then , it’s a deal.”

“Deal.” Taecyeon said and they both shaking hands.

--

Things couldn’t have been worse , Nanny had sent Eunjung to work with Taecyeon. She said to give Eunjung a management training from Taecyeon personally to make their bonds tighten.

Eunjung took her steps into the big building slowly.

It had been a month since she had the personal training from Taecyeon and it’s very hard. Her proposals and reports had been rejected many times by Taecyeon. It made she angry for some reasons.

However ,  to see Yoona again after a while really made things up. She was a bit mad when she knew Yoona was working for that maniac Taecyeon.

“This won’t do!! Do it all over again and sent it to me by tonight!!” Taecyeon instructed her and threw the paper at Eunjung’s table.

Eunjung muttering curses between when he walked out to his room.

--

“Aishhhhh~” Eunjung yawning when she looked at that paperworks.

“Unnie...let me take a look. Maybe I can help you.” Yoona volunteered to help Eunjung as she was sympathised with her.

--

Taecyeon laying on the bed after had gone through a rough day. He looked at the clock beside his bed and it shown 3 am.

Feeling the warmth of his house , he slowly fall asleep. He really need a sleep after such a long day. Training Eunjung plus his works load really gave him pressure.

ZZzzzZzZz~

Taecyeon eyes opened widely as he heard someone ringing his house bell violently. He tried to close his ears but to no avail. The sounds annoyed him.

He walked heavily and dizzily to the door.

“Annyeong~” Eunjung waving her hand and walked inside his apartment without being invited. She sat at the couch at the centre of the living room.

“Aii... Do you know what time is it??? It already...” Taecyeon couldn’t finish his words when Eunjung showed him a file.

He took it and went through the files.

He sat at the couch next to her. After a while, he had already finished reading the files.

“Did you done this all by yourself?” He asked and looked at Eunjung.

He sighed. Eunjung had fall asleep on the couch while waiting for him to review the report.

He sat there and looked at her. Not knowing what to do. He knew things had been harsh on her lately.

Putting down the report on the table. He knelt and lifted her in his arm.

He put her down on his bed slowly. After that, he put on the blanket on her and switch off the light then walked out of the room.

--

DING ~ DING~ DING~

The phone beside the bed ringing. Eunjung was annoyed and picked up the phone.

“Yeah~~” Eunjung said.

“Mr. Taecyeon????” The voice asked.

“Yoona???” Eunjung said as she recognized Yoona’s voice.

“Aaaaaa....you need to wake him up??? I will do that for you. What a jerk he is. Not even know when to wake up on his own.” Eunjung continued and put down the phone.

Yoona at the other side was confused and had mixed feelings when she heard Eunjung’s voice.

--

Eunjung walked to the living room and saw Taecyeon was sleeping on the couch.

She walked closer to him and was examining his face. Her face was just an inch from his. Her eyes went from his forehead to his lips.

“What a man....” She muttered.

“Well, at least he’s a gentleman yesterday.” She muttered again.

“Gomawo~” She whispered with a smile and decided to walk out when she heard him said something clearly at her.

“Take your report on the table and you had 5 minutes to get out of here or I will give you more work next week.” Taecyeon said while his eyes still closed.

Eunjung hearing that , ran and grabbed the report then dashed out of the house.

Taecyeon opened his eyes and put his hand on his chest not wanting to admit what he felt just now when she felt his warmth breathing on his face.

--

“What a freak...” Eunjung muttered as she walked out of the house.

She was walking on the playground when she saw a familiar figure was passing beside her. Her eyes widen.

She was sure it was him. She turned around and started to run as she was searching for him.

Ever since that particular night , Nickhun dissapeared. She was worried to dead. She was missing him.

How empty she felt not having him to be beside her when she felt down.

Since its weekend, people keep turning up around the playground. It made the searching much harder. She kept running and running.

Apologising at people for mistaken them as Nickhun.

What was it that she felt for him? She just didn’t understand. She needed explanations. Why did he left her? Why not contacted her?

She went around and around the area.

She once thought that she might mistaken others as him but she was damn sure that it was him.

Pictures of Eunjung. Everything was all over her mind. The world had turned round her.

KRING! KRING!

Bicycles bell rang.

Eunjung looked at her side and a group of cyclers were cycle fast at her. Totally afraid, she was frozen.

The bicycles were getting closer.

Then Eunjung was pulled from behind. She was forced to turn around. Her face hit the broad and wide chest. He felt the big arms pulled her forward. She was hugged tightly.

Eunjung closed her eyes feeling the danger from the bicycles. However, she felt safe and warmth.

KRING! KRING!

The bicycles were passing them.

Eunjung was hugging the person tightly also.

“Gwenchana??” He asked.

Eunjung opened her eyes as she recognized the voice. She let go of the hug immediately and looked at him.

Nickhun was smiling brightly at her. While , Eunjung was staring at him. Not knowing whether she felt happy or anger or betrayed in herself.

--