1.4 Hearts

Two Hearts

 

Slowly he went for her lips.

TIK ! TIK!

Every second passed as he moved closer.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Nickhun startled. He jumped off the bed that his hand hit Eunjung’s mother’s bed beside him. He flinched. But he quickly stood up and we careful with his steps.

His eyes fixed at Eunjung. Scared. He was nervous. Feeling embarrassed and guilty. He might be feeling guilty to steal her kiss while she sleep.

He hit his head.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

He looked at the door. A nurse was standing in front of the door with a blanket.

He put his fingers on his mouth signalling the nurse to be quiet. He walked to the nurse and with a smile that almost melted the nurse he expressed his gratitude with thank you.

Nickhun put the blanket on her.

Again he was tempted. He shook his head and ran out of the room. He closed the door behind him.

He put his hand on his chest hearing his heart beat.

“I felt like this again....” He muttered.

--

The sun goes up. Everyone was already at work busy with their own life and concern.

Taecyeon walked into the big building. His steps were big and it was intense. His face shown it all. Even the employees won’t dare to ask him anything.

He went straight into his father’s room. The CEO.

He snorted when he saw his step brother , Junho was there.

He walked to his father and threw a document on the table.

“You said you will give me 6 months. But it just my 1st month and you told me to stop?” Taecyeon said as he tried to control his anger.

“It will be a big fail. I am sure. Just like any other projects that you conducted.” Junho said sarcastically. It made him lose himself. He grabbed Junho’s collar and his eyes were filled with anger.

But on the other hand , Junho just smiled sarcastically.

“You know I am right.” Junho whispered.

“Stop it!!!!!” Their father interfered couldn’t stand to see his sons fight.

“Father. You are the one that promise me for 6 months. Why all of sudden??” Taec asked as he was confused. He let go of Junho and his eyes were on his father as he was asking for explanations.

 “I made father changed his mind. I just couldn’t stand to see you ruin this company.” Junho said.

Taecyeon closed his eyes.

“Just this one. I am begging you. This will be my last. I will make sure it succeed. If it didn’t , you can do anything to me. Threw me away from home or sent me to UK. Just this one.” Taecyeon pleaded.

His father sighed. After a deep thinking he nodded his head. Taecyeon smiled satisfied.

“Thank...” Taecyeon couldn’t finish his words when his father stopped him.

“Don’t thank me yet. You have 6 months. 6 months only. That’s final. If you fail ,I will sent you away to UK to study further.” His father said firmly. Taecyeon smiled.

His eyes then went to Junho that was smiling.

“Good luck.” Junho said as he pat his shoulder. Junho then walked out of the room.

Taeyeon was determined. This time, he knew what he wanted and his plan was final.

--

Eunjung felt pain in her eyes. She opened it slowly. The sun was already up. She was surprised when she realised she was on a bed and covered with blanket. She slept beside her mother in a sitting position. She then remembered Nickhun. She sighed.

“No wonder I slept well last night...” She muttered. She stood up and looked at her mother. She was asleep.

She walked out of the room. Then her eyes fixed at Nickhun that was walking towards her.

--

They both sat in the canteen.

“Gomawo~” Eunjung said as she was stuffing with rice. She was really hungry after a long day.

“Are you okay? Your fever.” Nickhun asked that reminded Eunjung about her sickness.

She laughed.

“I guess I’m okay. I felt healthy after last night...” Eunjung said that made Nickhun almost spilled his food. He recall about his intention to kiss her.

“Why? Is the food that bad?” Eunjung asked to see him suddenly acted like that. Nickhun just shook his head.

They ate in quiet as Nickhun’s mind wandering.

After that , they both walked at the corridor to her mother’s room. They were walking side by side. Nickhun mind were still wandering while Eunjung’s attention were on the surrounding.

She looked at nurses faces when they walked by. Some of them whispering and smiling brightly. They all seemed to admire this guy beside her.

Eunjung then walked backwards as she was looking at his expression while Nickhun’s mind was still wandering. His eyes then caught Eunjung as she was smiling in front of him.

“The nurses’ went crazy over you.” Eunjung said as she was smiling brightly.

Eunjung turned around and Nickhun suddenly pulled her to him. She was in his arm. He hugged her. His eyes widen. At that position she could hear his wild heartbeat.

“Mian....” Nickhun apologised to the nurses and doctors that was running as in emergency.

While Eunjung was focused on his heart beat. She put her ear on his chest. Nickhun realising her action went crazy.

DUP! DUP! DUP! DUP!

“Ehem...” Nickhun tried to clear his throat. He put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her away slowly.

While Eunjung was confused. She put her hand on her chest and closed her eyes as she was focusing on her heartbeat instead.

DUP! DUP!

“Why am I nervous?” Eunjung asked herself and looking at Nickhun’s back as he walked in front of her.

--

Nickhun watched as Eunjung and her mother were hugging each other after a while. He walked out leaving the two alones. He sat on a bench in the garden that was situated beside  the hospital. He was admiring the sun.

He then took out his camera and started taking pictures.

An hour had passed. Everything about the emotion portrayed by  the people around the hospital were real. He found it was really interesting as the finishing product that was the picture will be alive in its own way.

He was trying to get some more pictures when he saw a figure was walking towards him from afar.

CLICK! CLICK!

“Gomawo~” Eunjung said as she stood in front of him. Nickhun put down his camera and smiling.

“No. That’s what friends for.” Nickhun said but he bite his lips as he thought of saying something wrong. He looked at her confused expression. Nickhun took a step as he was trying to explain about the ‘friends’ thing. They were a strangers that met by chance few days ago and met again after another , so they weren’t actually a friend.

However , Nickhun was surprised when Eunjung opened .

“Ok then. Let’s be friend. I am Ham Eunjung.” Eunjung said coolly and stretch out her hand for a shaking.

Nickhun was on the other side was stunned with her actions just now. He nodded his head and smiling brightly as he grabbed her hand and shaking it.

“I am Nickhun Hoverjckul.”  

--

Yoona was laughing  happily as she was walking back home after her performance.

“Sunbae~ See you later...” Jiwoon said then waving at her as he took other route.

Yoona walked under the night sky. Admiring the coldness of the night.

It was still far away from her house when she felt that she was being watched. She turn around and looked at her surrounding to make sure of it.

She took a few steps and she heard steps behind her. She was nervous herself. She heard a few days ago that there is a in the town. To be alone at midnight really made she felt so scared.

After a few steps , she ran as fast as she could to her house. At the front door , she was shaking so bad that she dropped her keys.

She jumped and screamed at the top of her lungs when a hand just pat her shoulder from behind. She closed her eyes and she swung her hand bag around that she heard the smack. Then , she opened the door and ran into her house. Locked her doors and sat as she was too scared.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

“Yoona-sshi. It’s me!” Taecyeon said.

While Yoona on the other hand just closed her ears and covering  herself with the blanket as she was shaking afraid.

--

The next day , Yoona was too weak to get up on her feet when she heart someone was knocking the door.

With pale face and feeling very weak , she opened the door and saw him. Annoyed to Taecyeon , she pulled the door and wanted to shut it down when he manage to got a hold of the door.

“Yoona-sshi...I am begging you~” Taecyeon said. Yoona on the other said couldn’t heard anything. Her body felt very heavy. Her eyes went blurry and the next thing she knew that everything was blank.

--

Yoona wake up to see she was laying on her bed. There was a towel on her forehead that fall on the blanket when she sits.

She looked around her and was surprised to see everything was cleaned. It had been days since Eunjung got home. Eunjung always be the one that do all the cleaning. She hardly done it , so ever since Eunjung went missing , the house had been a mess and seeing the house were so clean , she was surprised herself.

She felt a bit better than that morning. She walked to the kitchen to get a drink when she saw a bowl on the dining table. She opened it and saw a porridge. Beside it was a note.

I am sorry that I had disturbed you till you get sick.

Eat this while its still hot.   

But please consider my offer for the last time.

Taecyeon.

Yoona sighed as she saw the porridge. She grabbed the spoon beside it and scoop the porridge and went straight into .

“It’s good....” Yoona said as she stuffed more into .

--

Taecyeon was depressed in his office. He just didn’t know what to do anymore.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Boss. Someone is here to see you.” Jiyeon said.

Taecyeon felt annoyed to be disturbed that he yelled at her.

“I don’t want to see anyone right now!! Go!~”

“You will regret if I go.” Yoona said as she walked into his office.

Taecyeon smiled when he saw her.