1.7 Hearts

Two Hearts

 

Eunjung sitting in the room as she listening to every explanation Gahee and Ji Hwan had.

She was puzzled herself when she heard marriage.

“So, my father went sick because of this loss???? Is that it??” She asked.

“Eunjung aaa... if you don’t want to I understand it. We can discover other ways...” Gahee said.

“But you had only few months left... how are you going to....???” Eunjung asked desperately.

“Marriage is not something to be played with. You might end up in misery.” Gahee said.

“It’s her responsibility. This is the only way. Her marriage will end her father’s misery.” Nanny said from behind. Eunjung stood up and looked straight at her.

“Grandma~” Gahee said as she hold Eunjung’s shoulder.

“You are the only hope, the only child that he had. You can help him since you never did that for years since you were born.” Nanny said that made she felt somehow responsible for the family.

--

It had been a week , Nanny and the others were giving time for her to think it over.

She was sitting on the bench at the ground. Looking at the bright stars and she felt she was missing something.

She felt like calling someone. Take out her phone and looked through all her contacts.

Then , she stopped at the name Nickhun.

Nickhun.

She thought for a while. Hesitating. Her finger were on the dial button.

She closed her eyes and pushed it.

SARANGHANDA KOCHIMAL ~

The T-ara song made the caller ringtone.

“Eunjung-sshi????” A sweet voice.

Eunjung just keep quiet and sighed as she looked at the open sky above her.

“Are you okay? What happened?” He asked softly.

“Omma nen...Is she okay?” Eunjung suddenly asked him.

“She had been discharged today. She’s home. We are now talking about you.” Nickhun said that made she somehow smile.

“I’m okay....” She said heavily.

“No you are not. Want me to come there for you?” Nickhun suddenly asked that made she stood up.

She shook her head.

“No...It’s already late at night~”

“Too late..” He said then hung up the phone.

“What’s with the poker face??” A voice asked from behind. She turned around and his angelic face faced towards her. He was smiling brightly as Eunjung was surprised to see him there.

“How...how....” Eunjung stuttered.

“Magic!!!” He said with a smile as his arm wide spread under the open sky.

And Eunjung smiling at the end.

--

Both were creeping into the house.

“Why are we creeping like this into the house?” Nickhun whispered to Eunjung that was standing and observing the surrounding to make sure no one seen them.

“They don’t like outsiders.” She said then walked away upstairs.

Nickhun just shrugged and followed Eunjung steps.

Eunjung went panicked when she heard footsteps towards them.

She pushed him downstairs. Eunjung closed her eyes as she couldn’t hide as it was to late.

“Yah....Ji Hwan-sshi...you are so cruel.” Gahee said and she walked downstairs. Both Gahee and Ji Hwan walked passed the small room both Eunjung and Nickhun were in.

Eunjung gulped. She was hardly breath as he was in the small room under the stairs that fit in both of them.

She could felt the warm breath of Nickhun on her forehead as he breathing.

Eunjung’s face were on his chest. It was moving up and down.

Nickhun’s arm was on her shoulder like trying to protect her from hitting the wall.

“I think you are the one that should hide....not me..” Eunjung finally said after a few minutes.

“I think so too....” Nickhun said then they both laughed out.

--

Eunjung closed the door behind her slowly.

“Appa~ this is my chingu. Nickhun-sshi.” Eunjung said as she hold her laying father’s hand.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” Nickhun speak then bowed beside the bed.

“You have one great daughter here.” Nickhun said that made Eunjung smile as she looked at her father.

--

The sun rising up. Nickhun looked at his watch and he turned to watch Eunjung as she fall asleep beside her father’s bed.

He walked towards her and knelt beside her. He caressed her hair and pushed the hair that covered her pretty face slowly.

He examined every inch of her face.

Then , he kissed her forehead slowly.

--

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eunjung was startled when she heard the screaming from downstairs. Half dazed from sudden wake up from her sleep ,she looked around searching for Nickhun but he was nowhere to be found.

“Who are you!!!!???” Gahee screamed.

Hearing that , Eunjung ran out of the room and to the stairs when she saw Nickhun was standing at the centre while there were 2 men in black , the bodyguards were surrounded him. Gahee on the other hand was on the ground.

“Mianhae that I startled you.” Nickhun apologised.

“What with the commotion??? Who are you ???” Nanny came into the scene.

Seeing him at the centre Eunjung yelled out loud.

“He’s my chingu!!!!”

--

Nickhun walked out of the house at noon. He looked behind as he walked.

“Aish...she’s in trouble...” Nickhun sighed.

--

Eunjung was kneeling in the room of Nanny , in front of Nanny as the old woman was enraged.

“What is your relationship with him???” She asked.

“Chingu ...”

“Is he the reason that made you thinks twice about your marriage???” Nanny asked that made Eunjung stumped.

She looked straight into Nanny’s eyes. Slowly she shook her head.

“Then?????” Nanny asked for more explanation.

“Aren’t you the heir of this family? Aren’t you? Are you hesitating to help your own father? Is that it?” Nanny asked too many questions that made Eunjung suffocated.

“I will do it! I agree with that marriage.” She said without thinking.

Hearing that , Nanny smiled broadly.

“Gahee yang!!! Prepare Eunjung for the blind dates next week.” Nanny said as Gahee walked into the room.

--

Since Taecyeon proved to his father that he could do it by making the increase in sales of the cafe , his works doubled. Without a secretary , his life was miserable. Always late for his meetings and appointments.

He sighed and looked outside.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Come in!” He instructed.

Then he heard something was put on his work table. He turned around and saw Yoona was smiling brightly at him. She was holding the tray. He looked at his table and saw a hot coffee and a sandwich was there.

“Your breakfast sir.” Yoona said then bowed at him. She turned around and took a few steps when Taecyeon calling her name stopped her.

“I can pay you twice. But would you work for me?” Taecyeon asked. Yoona was puzzled and looked at him seriously confused.

“Be my secretary. And it started right now.” He commanded her.

--

Taecyeon was leading the way into the big building. Yoona on the other hand , almost slipped the documents as she was catching him from behind.

She dropped a few on the way and was nervous as Taecyeon was walking ahead leaving her behind.

“Yah!! Faster!!” He yelled at her as he walked into the lift. Yoona ran as fast as she could into the lift.

She hardly caught her breath.

--

She waited outside the room where it says “CEO”.

While inside Taecyeon and his father was having a conversation about the new business plan.

Suddenly his father said something that made his world changed into best day ever.

“Taecyeon. You can start working here as GM starting tomorrow. The BOD had already decided and they agreed you should do the work. Congrats!!” His father said.

--

Taecyeon walked out of the room with a serious expression in his face.

Yoona stood up and looking straight at him.

“So???” She asked.

“I...I...made it!! I will be working here starting tomorrow!!! AHAHAHA!!” Taecyeon jumped in happiness.

Yoona also smiled to see him so happy.

He shrieked in happiness that he hugged her. Yoona was frozen when he did that.

“Gomawo~” He whispered to her.

“Congrats!” She said to him half smiled.

--

A week had passed.

“Am I looking good??” Taecyeon asked Yoona as he tried the clothes that he would wear for that blind date.

“I wanted to impress the girl that mom choose. I bet she must be some daddy’s girl. Urgh I hate that kind of girl.” He muttered alone.

Yoona however doesn’t listen as her eyes caught on a very charming red dress. Her eyes blinking in astonishment.

But her heart dropped when she looked at the price.

Eventhough her family is rich , they still couldn’t afford buying these.

“Why???” Taecyeon asked that made she startled.

She turned to look at Taec , she smiled.

“It’s good on you.” She said then walked out of the boutique.

--

“What with the sighing?” He asked when he walked out of the boutique.

He then handed her a bag. Yoona looked at him surprised. Her eyes widen to see the content. That wide dress.

“Yah!!! ” Yoona called him.

“Yah!!??? I’m your boss okay? Hmmm.... It’s a free gift. I’m his 10000 customers , so when I bought these , I got one for free. They gave me the dress instead when they saw you.” He explained then walked away.

Yoona couldn’t hide her expression.

All the way into the restaurant , she kept smiling broadly.

“Just said that you wanted to give me these...no need to trying to hide that you gave this.” Yoona whispered to him.

He chuckled. He then gave her a card. Yoona accepted it and was a bit disappointed to see the content.

CONGRATULATIONS! For being our 10 000 customers. Enjoy your gift!

She gave him a joking glare but as she looked back at the shopping bag , she smiled.

Seeing her like that , he ended up grinning as well. It was nice to see someone so happy when got free gift.

--

After driving Yoona home , he drive to the blind date place.

He walked into the restaurant nervously. The waiter showed him where his date should be.

At the balcony of the restaurant, the best view and the VVIP seats , there sat a woman dress elegantly in white.

It was a bit dark when he walked outside.

“Mianhaeyo~ I’m sorry for being late.” Taecyeon being polite and bowed for forgiveness.

“It’s okay. I just arrived.” That small voice replied to him. Then , their eyes meet for the first time.

He gasped to see her. However it was the same for her.

“You!” They both said in unison.

“What are you doing here?” Eunjung and Taecyeon said at the same time.

“I’m here for the blind date.” They said.

They gasped as both were thinking about the same thing.

“No way....” Eunjung whispered slowly.

“Is this a joke?” Taecyeon asked.