1.6 Hearts

Two Hearts

“Omma~” Eunjung called her again and walked towards the two figure.

“Eunjung aaa.... could you please go out for a while.” Eunjung’s mother suddenly speak and turned her face towards the guy.

That guy’s eyes fixed at Eunjung and his lips curved upwards as he sensed Eunjung’s mother’s attention was at him.

He then turned to look at Eunjung’s mother.

“No. It’s okay. We had finished here.” He said then walked away past Eunjung and Nickhun.

Eunjung could sense the tense situation they were in. She saw her mother grip her fists and was shaking trying to hold her anger.

--

That particular day , Eunjung was worried that her own mother suddenly don’t want to speak. She eat when she was told to but her eyes were at Eunjung as if she wanted to tell her something.

Eunjung however was wandering whose that guy. Why was he here? But looking at her own mother , she resist herself not wanting to hurt her.

After dinner , she excused herself for a while.

--

Eunjung walked outside of the hospital to take some fresh air. She sat at the bench quietly alone.

Then , a figure sat beside her.

“Why don’t you ask her if you are so curious about that guy?” He asked.

Eunjung then looked at him.

 “I’ve seen him before.” She admitted as her eyes fixed at the floor.

“I saw him when we first move here. I was in the middle school before. I don’t want to know who he is but instead I want to know what he need from us. That what I am more curious about.”

Eunjung then sighed.

 She felt warmth and her eyes widen when she realised he patted her head.

He stood up and walked few steps away. He stopped.

Eunjung’s eyes were on his back when he talked.

“You are one good daughter. She will tell you what you wanted to know when the time had come.”

Eunjung gulped as she felt the heat. She could tell that she was blushing. Her hands move to cover her small face.

While Nickhun that was walking actually was blushing as well.

He stood up and walked away was he didn’t want her to find him like that.

--

“What????????!!!!!!” Taecyeon half shrieked.

“Why is marriage really something that was shocking?” His mother asked.

“But mother . This is too early.....” Taecyeon said as he was nervous about his mother sudden marriage plan.

“But....mother , how about Junho? He’s at age for him to be married.” Taecyeon suggested.

Her mother frowned at him.

“Junho had already introduced me to his girlfriend. I couldn’t do that to him.” Her mother said and shook her head.

“You will like this girl. Your father also approved this girl. You will meet her on a blind date this month. So , make up your time. Ok?” Her mother said happily and walked out of the room leaving him dumbfounded.

--

Taecyeon walked into the cafe at night and he smiled as he saw improvement in his sales. The customers were increasing each day.

His steps frozen as he heard the beautiful sounds that went straight into his heart.

It was infamous art but she played it beautifully that made him wanted to know about the one that composed it.

His eyes went slowly to the figure that was sitting in front of the piano.

Her small hands , the long straight hair that covered her small shoulder. Her white dress that she wore made she looked extremely gorgeous.

“Boss!” She called him that made him went to real world. There she was standing in front of him. Smiling. He looked behind her , there was a man that played guitar that changed the romantic atmosphere to happy.

“What is that song? I never heard that before.” Taecyeon asked as he tried to hide him being blushing. He put his hands in his pocket and looked away at the ceiling.

“Aigooo...... you should consider lucky to ever hear that. Even the smallest art is consider the most precious art. Aishhh” Yoona said and walked away as she pouted .

“Wae???” Taecyeon asked as she walked away.

--

Eunjung was arranging her mother’s clothes when she felt her mother’s warm hands on her hands.

Her mother looked straight at her and pulled her to sit beside her on the bed.

“Omma~ Waeyo?” Eunjung asked.

“I’m sorry ....Eunjung-aaa, my daughter I am really sorry.” Her mother said as she burst into tears that made Eunjung panicked.

--

Eunjung ran out of the room as her feet weaken. Her mind went blank as she recalled what her mother told her just now.

“The guy that you saw this morning is your uncle. He wanted to meet you. Your father. He’s sick...very very sick...He’s on his deathbed.”

“Omma~ Do you realised what you tell me?” Eunjung asked as her eyes went teary.

“Omma~ Why now? I might not be able to see him ever again......” Eunjung cried out.

“Omma mianhae Eunjung aaaa~” Her mother pleaded and held her hand. She pushed it away.

“I thought that I might meet him if you were giving me the permission to do so. I can wait but I don’t really get it , his brother told you that he was in his deathbed and you were still thinking twice to tell me??? I don’t get it....” Eunjung said as she pushed her mother’s hand and ran outside.

--

“Aunty.....why? What happened?” Nickhun ran to Eunjung’s mother when he saw her crying as soon as he stepped into the room.

“Eunjung....Eunjung.....” Her mother said. Nickhun without thinking twice ran outside and started to search for Eunjung.

He ran to the park , to the cafe , to the church and around the hospital area.

He was out of his breath.

He looked up and saw the rooftop.

He opened the door to the rooftop slowly and looked around. He took a sigh of relief when he saw a figure that was sitting at the corner. He could hear her sobbing.

He walked towards her.

“Don’t come any closer!!! Jaebal~” She said.

Nickhun ignored her and walked straight at her. He put on his jacket to her face and sat beside her.

“It’s okay now isn’t?” He asked. It made she cried out loud under his jacket.

She made a hard grip. Realising that , he grabbed her hand and hold it tightly.

“You know what...your mother had her own reasons for not telling you earlier. Understand her.”

He sighed as she continued to cried.

After a few minutes later , her crying stopped. He could feel the sudden chill as the wind blows.

Her head was resting on her shoulder while their hands still were on each other.

He sneaked into his jacket that covered her face.

He sighed. Her eyes were closed tightly. Her nose redden from the crying.

Tears were on her face. His fingers went slowly to her fair face and wipe her tears.

He pushed her head slowly to the wall and stood up. He knelt beside her and lifted her into his arm.

--

“Eunjung aaa....” Her mother shrieked when Nickhun opened the door. Seeing her sleeping , she quickly set up the bed beside her.

Nickhun put her slowly on the bed and put on the blanket on her.

“She will understand.” Nickhun said to her mother and walked out of the room.

--

The next day , she opened her eyes and saw her mother was standing by the window.

“You will meet him today. But , once you go there is no turning back.” Eunjung’s mother said.

Eunjung was determined and stood up.

“I won’t turn back.” She told her mother.

--

The one that Eunjung known as her uncle came and picked her up at the hospital.

Nickhun was standing as she hesitating to walk inside the big and expensive car.

“Nickhun-sshi... take care of my mother will you?” Eunjung said and she hold Nickhun’s hand.

Nickhun nodded his head and smile half heartedly.

“I will. Take care. Good luck.” Nickhun said as he let go of her hand and put his hand on her face.

Eunjung blushing as her eyes went straight to his eyes.

“Eunjung. It’s time.” Her uncle called for her that made she went back to real world.

Trying to hide her embarrassed feelings , she quickly turn around and went into the car.

She slided down the window.

“Gomawo~” She said shyly and the car moved away.

--

Eunjung couldn’t close when the car moved through the gate.

The house ground was big five times than her own house. It was big like a castle.

The car’s door were opened to her in front of the big house. She walked slowly behind her uncle as he made the way straight into the big hall.

“Eunjungie???????” the only voice that can be heard in the hall. A woman in her thirties was running towards her and hugging her suddenly.

“Gahee yaaa” The uncle called the woman. She let go of the hug and smile at her.

“You have your father’s eyes. Aaaa.... talk about that old man. Let’s see him.” She said as she dragged her along into a room upstairs leaving the uncle behind.

They stopped infront of a door.

“Unnie~” Eunjung called the woman in front of her.

“Unnie??? Hahahaha...I am your aunt. I’m your father youngest sisiter. He’s my hyung. So , you are my niece. Well, you can call me unnie if you like then.......” She said then showed a gesture for her to enter.

Eunjung just smile and pushed the door knob. She walked into the dark room slowly and carefully.

Then her eyes fixed at a figure that was laying motionless on the bed. Tears went slowly down to her cheek. She sat beside him and cried.

“Father.....It’s me, Eunjung.....It’s Eunjung..” She cried and hugged the man that was laying on the bed.

--

“Ji hwan oppa~” Gahee called the man that was sitting on the sofa at the hall.

“Wae???” He asked coldly.

“Yah!!!!!!! You are too much. Oppa~ Don’t you think she was still young for what we had to tell her to do?” Gahee asked as she was worried.

He looked at Gahee and sighed.

“I know.” He said.

“No!!! She’s already on her mid 20’s....she’s ready for that and she had to do it. She need to. She’s the one hope to save the family.” A very old woman disturbed their conversation.

Ji Hwan bowed to the old woman.

“Grandma~” Gahee called her.

--

Eunjung walked out of the room when she saw Gahee was walking at her with a smile.

“You stay here tonight? Aigoo....you were crying?” Gahee asked that made Eunjung embarrassed.

She shook her head.

“I’m hungry.” She tried to change topic.

--

“You should meet grandma first...acham...she’s your great-grandma..” Gahee said and dragging her again. It was after a few minutes before they arrived in front of a room.

It had a touch of a traditional room as they were no bed. Everything in the room was traditional. There sitting firmly at the table was a very old woman. Gahee dragged her and they both sat kneeling before the old woman.

“Grandma... this is Eunjung....” Gahee said as she introduced Eunjung.

Eunjung quickly moved as she gave her the Korean traditional bowed of respects to the elders. The old woman nodded satisfied with what she saw.

“Gahee yang~ Naga! Get out....” She said to Gahee.

“Grandma~~~~ Aaaang....” Gahee tried an aegyo to the woman but she just stared at her that made she pouted and smiled at Eunjung. She then walked away out of the room.

After they had confirmed the door was shut down, the old woman began talking.

“Just called me whatever you like.” She suddenly said.

“Aaa...can I called you Nanny?” She said and her eyes went straight at her sudden change in expression. Eunjung was nervous suddenly.

To her surprise , the old woman laughing loudly.

She nodded her head.

“You are indeed my great granddaughter. You have your father’s naughtiness and his beautiful eyes.” The old woman said that made Eunjung also smile.

--

Eunjung spent most of her times here with her father. She read him newspaper and always talked to him.

A week had passed since she first arrived here.

She was getting lost after going to the bathroom.

Hearing voices in a room , she wanted to open the door to ask for help but she stopped as she heard her own name was mentioned.

“Anii....it shouldn’t be this way...there’s other way.....” Gahee said anxiously.

“No. There’s no hope.” Ji Hwan said depressed.

“This will be the end of this family. E.N.D. Do you think we have other way to save this aside from marrying Eunjung?” Gahee said.

Hearing that Eunjung heart went crazy.

“Marriage??!!” Eunjung said loudly that made both Gahee and Ji Hwan realised she was there , outside listening to their conversation.

--

Things you need to know about Kang Ji Hwan & Gahee and Eunjung’s parents.

1.       Kang Ji Hwan is Eunjung’s father dongsaeng. He was indeed 10 years younger than her father that means  Eunjung mother is 10 years younger than Eunjung’s father.

2.       Kang Ji Hwan was adopted into the family. So , he is not blood related to Gahee which is the real dongsaeng of Eunjung’s father.

3.       Eunjung’s mother ran from home after married knowing that she couldn’t stand his family that had forced her to give birth to a son.

4.       She ran away , then knew that she was pregnant.

5.       After giving birth to Eunjung , Ji Hwan found them however Eunjung’s father decided to let his loved ones life in peace & not disturbed them after that day.