Chapter 5: Choi Hye {the sarcastic one}

Summer 2011.

Note: This chapter will be on Hye’s POV.

 

“Urgghhh…” I groaned as I lay on my stomach. A new day is here again but today is extra special for me. Keeping my eyes closed, I smiled and then hummed “Dancing Flow” by U-KISS in my head. I wanted to listen to it fully so I grabbed my ‘baby’ {my iPod} from the nightstand and played the awesome song. I nodded my head along to the beat and I mouthed the words. “SING IT DADDY!” I sang and it was already too late for me to realize that my friends have already entered the room. I pulled my earphones out.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYE!” They declared and then started singing the happy birthday song. I sat upright in bed and then blushed. Aerin was holding a deliciously looking cake with a lit candle on top; Yurii was holding two balloons; Yumi was carrying a tray of breakfast while Natsumi had a present in her arms. Once they finished singing, Yumi placed the tray of food on my lap and then gave me a quick hug. Yurii tied the balloons at the foot of my bed, Natsumi placed the present beside me while Aerin pushed the cake in front of me. I grinned from ear to ear.

“Make a wish birthday girl,” she smiled warmly at me. I looked at the cake, closed my eyes and then made a wish. I opened my eyes again and then took a deep breath before blowing out the candle. They cheered and clapped which made me blush like a fool again.

“Eat your birthday breakfast, unnie.” Yumi told me.

“You didn’t cook it did you?” I asked.

“I didn’t I promise.” She giggled.

“Alright then.” I laughed and then started eating.

Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it!

**************************************************************

After I ate birthday breakfast, the girls let me shower and get dressed. I wore the present they got me which was a new complete outfit. I got downstairs and I saw that they decorated the living room complete with a banner that says “Happy Birthday Hye”. Natsumi had placed her iPod on the iPod dock while the others were moving the furniture around so that there is a huge space in the middle of the living room.

“Hey unnie! Come down here!” Yumi called me, waving her arms frantically in the air.

“Let’s start your birthday party!” Yurii added. I ran down the stairs and then joined them. Just then, loud music started blaring and the song that Natsumi chose was “Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer.

“HAMMER TIME!” I shouted on top of my voice. We all started dancing like crazy freaks in the middle of the living room.

“Can’t touch this!” We all chorused. We broke into fits of laughter and we were all just pretty hyper. Yurii was the only one who could control her laughter so she started taking photos of all of us. We continued dancing like a bunch of retards until we noticed that Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Joon, Donghae and Siwon oppa were watching us. Natsumi turned the volume down and then instantly gave Kyuhyun a cold glare. It’s been a couple of days since Kyuhyun ‘took advantage’ of her and she still hasn’t forgiven him. Kyuhyun have been sending gifts and such but Natsumi just puts them straight in the trash can.

“Happy birthday Hye,” Siwon told me.

“Thank you oppa.” I smiled at him. Just then, the song changed and it was “EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!” We started laughing and then the boys joined us to our own dance floor. Natsumi walked out and Kyuhyun followed her out to the porch. Siwon was dancing with me and I wanted to - I mean hug him. After our little celebration, we started to eat lunch and the boys joined us. Good thing there was enough food for everyone. Sungmin said that they are going to the set of the reality show that they were filming today and they came to invite all of us if we wanted to come. Of course all of us agreed apart from Natsumi who didn’t want to be around Kyuhyun.

“Heechul hyung would be there…” Kyuhyun mentioned. There was a hint of bitterness in his voice. We all knew that he was hurting.

“Okay I’ll come then.” Natsumi answered without even caring about Kyuhyun’s feelings.

“Does anyone of you like U-KISS?” Donghae asked, trying to liven up the mood. Everyone had turned silent because of KyuSumi {Kyuhyun & Natsumi}.

“I do, I do!” I raised my hand in the air excitedly. I did love U-KISS.

“I do as well, Kevin’s hot.” Natsumi mentioned.

“Dongho oppa is cute!” Yumi commented.

“I’m cuter…” Sungmin sniggered.

“I think Xander hyung and some others will be at the set later…” Donghae said. My heart started racing. I liked Xander. He was my favourite member of U-Kiss. I’ll be able to meet him. I wanted to jump up and down with joy.

**************************************************************

We didn’t waste any time and went to the set quickly with the boys. Producers, directors, photographers and managers were there so we had to act like proper fan girls. We couldn’t be ‘friends or more’ with the boys unless photographers took photos and then spread it on the internet. We watched the boys get their make-up done and Yurii took a hell of a lot of photos. Natsumi’s face brightened when she saw Heechul but she frowned again when she saw Marikit. Namine and Aeyla were here too, following Taemin and Mir around like little puppies. They were acting as their stylists.

“I’d do anything to be close with Heechul…” Natsumi murmured.

“Just steal him from Marikit…” I smiled evilly.

“I could but I wouldn’t.” she sighed.

“Just go with Kyuhyun oppa.” Yumi grinned brightly.

“Ne!” Yurii and Aerin agreed.

“You three go with him.” Natsumi huffed and then she lit a cigarette. I heard a van pull up behind me and a couple more staff got out carrying items for the set that I really don’t care about. Once they all got out, the last person who got out was Xander. Ohohohoho. He had a cheerful smile on his face and just by looking at him; I knew that he had a bright and friendly aura.

“Hey look its Xander!” I nudged the girls.

“Where’s Kevin?” Natsumi asked.

“Where’s Dongho?” Yumi asked, going on her tiptoes to see Xander.

“He’s not here but I am here.” Sungmin popped up in front of Yumi.

“Hi Min,” Yumi blushed like a fool. I smiled slyly because I knew that Yumi was screaming “I WANT DONGHO” in her head. Xander walked past me and then I whispered, “Hey good-lookin‘!”

I didn’t mean for him to hear that but unfortunately he did. He turned around and then looked at me weirdly.

“Sorry?” He asked. My eyes widened and I started to stutter.

“Err, I said hey good-lookin’.” I mumbled embarrassingly.

“Oh hey! I think you’re good-lookin’ too!” Xander laughed. I could hear the others trying to control their giggles because of my embarrassing act but I didn’t care, I was talking to Xander.

“What’s your name?” He asked me.

“Hye. Choi Hye.” I replied quickly. We then started talking and casually flirted until one of the staff had called him over to the set.

“YOU PULLED XANDER!” Natsumi poked my arm.

“I KNOW!” I squeaked.

**************************************************************

An hour passed and some of us were getting tired of standing around watching the boys. I wasn’t though because Xander kept waving at me while Siwon just kept on showing off. Kyuhyun was trying to show off too but he keeps on failing because he just ends up either hurting himself or hurting someone else. A girl with bright red hair who looked a few years older than Natsumi approached us. She smiled at us in a very friendly way.

“Annyeong haseyo, Kim Jin Hae imnida! I’m the director of this show.” She introduced herself.

“Annyeong haseyo unnie!” We bowed at her.

“I was wondering if some of you wanted to have cameos in the show. We could use a few extras…” She declared. I looked at my friends and I knew that they were thinking the same thing as me.

“HELL YES!” I replied.

“Yes please!” Aerin and Yumi chorused. Yurii nodded while Natsumi didn’t look too bothered about it. As Jin Hae was just about to talk again, Namine, Aeyla and Marikit came running towards us.

“We should be extras too!” Aeyla said.

“She asked us first!” Aerin argued.

“We would be better than all of you!” Namine screeched.

“Says who?!” Yurii hissed.

I was gonna bite Aeyla and Namine’s heads off but good thing Jin Hae had calmed everyone down.

“You can all be extras. Come with me so I can partner you with the boys.” She said. We all squealed in delight apart from the three witches who were busy narrowing their eyes down at us. I’ll scratch their eyes out soon.

We walked in the middle of the set all excited and soon the boys started to come out. Jin Hae stood in the middle of all of us and she looked at each and every one of our faces.

“Sungmin-shi, here’s your partner.” Jin Hae announced and pulled Sungmin towards Yumi. They both smiled and winked at each other secretly. Joon was partnered with Yurii, Donghae was partnered with Aerin, Namine was partnered with Taemin and Aeyla was partnered with Mir.

“Siwon-shi, you’ll be the MC for this episode so you won’t have a partner. Xander you’ll be with her.” Jin Hae as she pointed to me. Xander grinned and walked over to me excitedly. Siwon pouted so much that Donghae noticed.

“Why you pouting like a fish Siwon-shi?” Donghae asked him.

“Nothing, hyung.” Siwon shrugged.

“Heechul-shi, you’ll be with smokes-a-lot girl. Kyuhyun-shi you’ll be with her.” Jin Hae finished. Natsumi coughed as she took a puff of her cigarette. Kyuhyun and Marikit sighed as they were partnered while Heechul didn’t look too bothered about being partnered with Natsumi.

“I’m gonna my pants Hye, help me.” Natsumi whispered to me.

“Just be cool.” I told her.

**************************************************************

For the rest of the day, we were filming and having fun. Siwon was a good MC and he made everyone laugh. All of us were natural in front of the camera and not once Jin Hae told us off. Everyone had chemistry apart from Marikit and Kyuhyun who were obviously upset that they weren’t partnered with the person they wanted to be partnered with. Xander and I were just laughing all the time and our personalities just clicked. He was this happy-go-lucky guy and my sarcasm just doesn’t work on him. He finds me cute for some reason. I can be described a lot of things but cute is not just me. Yumi is the magnae so she’s cute while Aerin was just naturally cute. Me? No way.

What we had to do was challenges like what they do in Dream Team. In the end, Xander and I were first place, Natsumi and Heechul came in second while Donghae and Aerin were third place. Marikit and Kyuhyun were last.

“Oh you were amazing!” Heechul mentioned as he gave Natsumi a hug.

I looked at Marikit and she looked like she was about to stab Natsumi a million times.

“Leader let go of Cinderella,” I pulled Natsumi off Heechul.

“Wae??” She whined.

“If you want to die today then cling on to him.” I said as I pointed at Marikit.

“Oh right…” She said and then let go of Heechul quickly.

“Sorry we didn’t win oppa,” I heard Yumi tell Sungmin. They looked so cute together. They were both wearing pink t-shirts aswell.

“It’s okay! It was fun still!” Sungmin grinned.

“There’s always a very mushy couple isn’t there.” I rolled my eyes.

The filming ended and we all made our way back to the cottages, Xander never leaving my side. Everyone was walking with their partners again; HaeRin, JooRii; YuMin and XanHye. If it wasn’t for Xander being here, it would be me and Siwon- SiHye. But he hanged back, walking on his own. I felt sorry for him but I wanted to stay close with Xander. Kyuhyun was walking beside Natsumi, carrying her skateboard for her as she smoked, and not saying a word to him. As soon as the filming finished, Marikit had took Heechul away from Natsumi. I’m quite surprised that Marikit wears the pants in that relationship considering that Heechul likes to be dominant.

“She likes you don’t worry,” I whispered to Kyuhyun. Natsumi had started talking to Xander so I decided to walk with Kyuhyun for a while.

“You don’t need to lie to me.” He smiled sadly.

“Seriously she does. She loves that skateboard so much. None of us are allowed to touch it and yet she let you carry it? That says something oppa. Seriously, give her time. She’ll warm up to you”. I told him.

A genuine smile formed on his face and he quickly gave me a one-arm hug. We were nearing to the cottages now and I heard Aerin squeal.

“AH FISH! LET ME GO!” She giggled uncontrollably. Donghae had picked her up and put her over his shoulder.

“Fishy Hae wants to play with Aerin!” Donghae shouted playfully as he ran to their cottage with Aerin laughing like a fool.

“Stop acting Aerin! You love it!” I shouted.

Joon was holding Yurii’s hand and Sungmin and Yumi had their arms around each other. Soon enough, those two couples had disappeared into the boys’ cottage as well while KyuSumi was just hanging out by the porch. At least Natsumi can stomach being around Kyuhyun now. Siwon had joined them so I asked Xander if he wanted to have a drink inside the cottage.

“Oh is it your birthday today? Happy birthday!” He gasped when he saw the banner in the living room.

“How did you know???” I answered sarcastically.

“Did you get any balloons?” He asked. I thought that was a bit of weird question to ask but I just nodded.

“Let’s go get them so we can inhale the helium!” He grinned.

“Seriously oppa?” I laughed.

“Ne!!” He laughed out loud. I smiled at him and I led him to my bedroom.

He started untying the strings of the balloons and I just watched him. Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps. Siwon appeared by the doorway, catching his breath.

“Oppa are you okay?” I asked him.

“I can’t stand it anymore.” He stated.

“You okay hyung?” Xander asked him.
“Don’t call me hyung! Hye’s mine!” Siwon shouted looking really aggravated.

My jaw dropped at what he said. What’s gotten into him?

Xander looked really confused as well. Siwon had gotten it all wrong. Xander and I were only being friendly with each other. That was all. Siwon was jealous for nothing. I can’t believe he was jealous in the first place.

“Xander oppa, can you give me and Siwon oppa a minute?” I requested.

“But--” Xander moaned.

“GO WAIT IN THE HALL!” I screamed on top of voice. Xander stepped back and then obeyed my orders.

“Now what is your problem daddeh?” I asked Siwon who closed the door.

“Why were you with him? I thought- we… you know… I thought we had a connection.” He murmured. Xander walked in and then faced Siwon.

“I’m sorry hyung I didn’t know.” he said.

“Yeah whatever!” Siwon shouted.

“Why didn’t you say something??? I would have told Jin Hae noona to just make me the MC so you could have been partnered with Hye.” Xander said.

“I didn’t want to stop your love story,” Siwon hissed.

“There’s no love story! We’re just friends. Honest!” Xander clarified.

“I don’t believe that!” Siwon argued.

“OH MY GOD!! You guys are pissing me off! Get out of my bedroom please…” I said as I rubbed my temples repeatedly.

“But Hye--” They said.

“GET OUT!” I screamed nastily at them.

**************************************************************

I stayed inside my room for about half an hour. Xander and Siwon stayed outside in the hall. I heard them sorting out their issues and thankfully they both have calmed down. I have calmed down as well so I decided to open the door. They both looked apologetic.

“Hye, I’m going now. It was nice to meet you.” Xander told me.

“Oh oppa, it was nice to meet you too. Sorry if I yelled at you.” I blushed.

“It’s okay.” He laughed and then gave me tight hug.

“Are you kidding me?” Siwon sighed.

“Okay I’m going!” Xander laughed lightly and then walked out.

“You need to chill Mr. Choi.” I told Siwon.

“You need to stop flirting with other men Miss Choi,” He told me.

“I can’t help it that I’m popular!” I giggled.

A few minutes later, we were both lying down on my bed, just resting in each other’s arms. I felt so safe in his arms and he just smelt really nice.

“I got really upset today because of you.” he said.

“I’m sorry oppa, I didn’t mean to.” I pouted.

“I know but still. I was jealous!” He whined.

“What can I do to make it up to you?” I said. He put on his thinking face and then he looked back at me with a y smile on his face.

“Kiss me,” He requested.

“What?!” I shrieked. The religious man wants a kiss! I don’t know why I was surprised. He was a guy after all. Thank goodness he believe in no before marriage. I blushed like a red tomato as I leaned in closer to him. He closed his eyes and then I closed mine too as our lips touched. It was a sweet, gentle kiss and I really enjoyed it. We couldn’t look at each other when our lips parted. We were both blushing like crazy.

“Hye,” He called me.
“Ne oppa?” I asked.

“It’s Sunday tomorrow, will you come to church with me?” He asked grinning.

“Don’t push it Siwon.” I glared at him.

**************************************************************

 

Author’s Note:

What did everyone think of this update? ^^

Next chapter will be on the magnae’s POV, Kim Young Yumi !!