Chapter 1: Hwanyong hamnida Seoul, South Korea! (Welcome to Seoul, South Korea)

Summer 2011.

It was a nice, warm day in Seoul. The birds are chirping, the sun was shining bright and the temperature was a crisp. People around the city were wearing sunglasses, wearing thin clothing while the little kids are enjoying some ice cream. 5 group of young girls just got off a plane and they were now making their way out of Incheon Airport.

“Ya hurry up! I need a cigarette!” The oldest one complained at the 4 girls walking in front of her. “And I should be the one you lot are following! I’m the leader!” She stomped her foot on the ground.

“Leader is having a hissy fit again…” The youngest whispered to one of her unnies.

“Ya maknae what did you say?” The leader demanded, dropping her skateboard on the floor and stepping one foot on it. She lowered her overly huge sunglasses down to her nose so she can glower to the younger one.

“Lie, lie, lie…” The second youngest whispered.

“Mianhaeyo unnie, here, let me take your suitcase.” The magnae said and then took the suitcase of the grumpy leader. The oldest who seemed satisfied, flashed a smirk and then jumped on her skateboard. She skated away from the others who looked on to her with silly grins on their faces.

“She’s going to be told off for doing that…” The second oldest said, shaking her head.

“Wae??” The youngest asked as she struggled to pull her own suitcase and her unnie’s suitcase.

“You’re not allowed to skate in an airport you fool.” The second youngest rolled her eyes.

“Don’t call her a fool!” Yurii said.

“I think I just did!” the second youngest, Hye sniggered.

“Ya ya stop that now.” Aerin the umma ordered.

“Umma, Hye unnie called me a fool…” The magnae, Yumi pouted.

“HEY! COME ON, LET’S GET OUT OF HERE!” The leader, Natsumi, shouted from afar as a really scary security guard was behind her, carrying her skateboard. The other girls caught up with her and then looked warily at the security guard.
“Can I have my skateboard back?” Natsumi asked, her face scrunched up. She doesn’t like ANYONE touching her precious skateboard.

“You’re not going to arrest her are you?” Yurii asked worriedly.

“For skating? That’s ridiculous.” Hye said.

“They should arrest her,” Yumi winked at Aerin who gave her a disapproving look.
“I will get you.” Natsumi mouthed to Yumi making the latter cower behind the umma.

“We’re so sorry to be a pain.” Aerin told the security guard.

“Next time you’re in this airport, behave yourself miss.” The security guard said sternly and then handed the skateboard back to Natsumi who stuck her pink tongue out when he was gone.

The girls took a taxi to their destination. Inside the taxi, Natsumi was minding her own business by reading her favourite manga quietly, Yurii was taking photos of the surroundings being past by the taxi with her Nikon DLSR, Hye was listening to her iPod out loud while Aerin was tickling Yumi who was giggling uncontrollably.

“You’re too noisy.” Natsumi uttered under her breath.

“Stop whining and read your manga.” Aerin snapped.

“Ooh touchy.” Hye sniggered.

“OMO that guy was hot!” Yurii exclaimed taking snaps of some random ‘hot’ boy in the street.

“WHERE?!” Yumi shouted.

“What do you expect, he’s Korean.” Natsumi said.

“All Koreans are hot…” Yurii said dreamily.

“My brothers are Korean and I don’t think they’re hot.” Yumi said with a disgusted face.

“Ya what are you talking about?! Your brothers are hot! With a capital H!” Natsumi gasped, slamming her manga on her lap.

“Yesung and Young Saeng are hot Yumi.” Aerin agreed.

“EW! They’re my brothers don’t say that!” Yumi made a face.

“Come on, just being part of Super Junior and Ss501 will instantly make someone hot.” Natsumi stated.

“I agree!!!” Aerin grinned.

“Yesung or Young Saeng?” Natsumi asked Aerin. Aerin stared to cover because she was laughing. She didn’t know who to pick.

“Siwon is better,” Hye flashed them a smirk.

“OH look at him! He’s hot as well!” Yurii exclaimed taking endless photos of another stranger out in the street. The girls continued with their banter with the taxi driver just laughing at them until they reached their destination.

 

At the cottage:

The girls got out of the taxi and stared at the village they will be staying at. Aerin paid the taxi driver and thanked him while Yurii didn’t waste anytime and started taking photos of the beautiful cottage. Hye eyed it carefully and then grinned. “That is whack!” She mentioned.

“You mean it’s beautiful?” Natsumi rolled her eyes.

“Yeah that.” Hye replied.

As they made their way towards the cottage, a girl their age greeted them. “
“Annyeong haseyo, Sim Jang imnida! Hwanyong hamnida! (Hello, my name is Sim Jang, welcome!)” She greeted the girls warmly.

“Konnichiwa! Sim Jang desu ne? (Hello, Sim Jang isn’t it?)” Aerin replied.

“Err umma, we’re in Korea, don’t speak Japanese!” Yumi murmured.

“Oh mianhaeyo!” Aerin blushed.

Sim Jang nodded and smiled, “Come on I’ll open the cottage for you.”

“Do you own the cottage?” Hye asked bluntly.

“Anio, my parents own it. They are on a business trip to Thailand so I’m looking after the guests.” Sim Jang replied.

“Does your parents own that cottage too?” Yurii asked pointing at the cottage just across their cottage. It was similar but it seemed bigger.

“Oh ne, the guests that will be staying there won’t be arriving until tonight.” Sim Jang replied. She took out a set of keys out of her pocket and then unlocked the front door. Once the door was unlocked she opened it wide and let the girls in first.

“I need the toilet,” Yumi bounced on the spot.

“There’s a forest just outside.” Hye grinned evilly.

“I don’t want to pee outside! A deer might see me!” Yumi gasped.

“Don’t worry they’ll be too scared to approach you.” Hye sniggered.

“Umma!! Hye unnie is being mean again!” Yumi whined and tugged on Aerin’s arm. The umma sighed and glared at Hye who just shrugged.

“There’s a toilet through the kitchen and 2 bathroom upstairs.” Sim Jang mentioned. Yumi thanked her and then ran to the kitchen clutching on her waist. Just then the front door burst open and a tall good-looking guy walked in and greeted the girls.

“Annyeong haseyo!” His deep voiced echoed around the cottage.

“Oh there you are oppa!” Sim Jang smiled and walked over to him.

“Annyeong haseyo!” The girls greeted him back.

“Seung hyun imnida!” He introduced himself.

“Sorry girls, I don’t know any of your names yet apart from you Hye-shi.” Sim Jang said nodding at Hye.
“No no, it’s just Hye. Choi Hye.” Hye replied waving her hands.

“I’m Natsumi Hara.”

“Hwang Aerin!”

“My name’s Park Yurii.”

“I’m Kim Young Yumi!!!” Yumi shouted running out of the kitchen while still zipping her jeans up.

“Oh sheesus, whose the gorilla?” she gasped when she saw Seung hyun.

“YUMI!” Aerin hissed at her while Hye was just laughing.

“He is big though.” Natsumi said eyeing Seung hyun up and down.

“My name’s Seung hyun, I’m Sim Jang’s boyfriend.” Seung hyun said cheerfully to Yumi who looked quite afraid of him.

“Nice to meet all of you girls, I hope you have a good time staying here. If you need any help at all, I will be at the little house just beside this cottage.” Sim Jang bowed at all of them.

“OMO you’re TOP from BIG BANG!” Yurii suddenly shouted.

“Ah that’s why he looked familiar.” Aerin and Natsumi agreed.

“Aren’t you girls Japanese?” Seung hyun chuckled.

“BIG BANG is famous in Japan. You should know that. You’ve been there right?” Hye said. Seung hyun nodded.

“And all of us are Korean apart from Mimi unnie, she’s half Japanese-half British and Yurii unnie is half Korean-half Japanese.” Yumi said.

“Did you say your name is Kim Young Yumi?” Seung hyun asked.

“That’s right!” Yumi grinned. She was still a little bit scared of him but she liked being center of attention. Yurii was behind all of the girls and was taking sneaky photos of Seung hyun.

“Are you Yesung and Young Saeng’s little sister?” Seung hyun asked.

“Oh! That’s why I thought I’ve seen you somewhere before!” Sim Jang said. Yumi nodded at them shyly.

“Yumi here is a celebrity,” Aerin grinned.

“Ya I’m not.” Yumi blushed.

“Well we’ll let you get settled in,” Sim Jang smiled at all of them, she handed Natsumi the front door key and then her and Seung hyun left the cottage.

“They were nice.” Aerin said.

“Too nice.” Hye sighed.

“I’ve got photos of TOP!!” Yurii giggled uncontrollably.

“Let me see!!” Aerin said and ran over to Yurii. They’ve started scanning through all the photos while Natsumi has made her way up the stairs. She was checking all the bedrooms and a smirk appeared on her face.

“Hey guys. Looks like you all have to share rooms.” She announced.

“WHAT?!” The others gasped.

“There’s only 3 bedrooms. 2 will be in one, another 2 will be in one and I will be on my own.” she said.

“I want my own room!” Aerin said.

“I don’t mind sharing as long as I’m not with Yumi. She will wet the bed!” Hye pointed at Yumi.

“YA! I don’t wet the bed!” Yumi disagreed.

“Why do you get your own room?” Yurii questioned.

“Cos I’m the oldest.” Natsumi shrugged.

“SO??” Hye asked.

“Just pick your room mates.” Natsumi rolled her eyes.

“Okay but you’re cooking dinner tonight!” Aerin ordered.

Yumi huffed and then she pulled her suitcase up the stairs with a pout on her face.

“I’ll have you as my room mate.” Yurii told her.

“I might wet the bed…” Yumi admitted.

“Told ya.” Hye sniggered as she walked past them.

**************************************************************

After dinner:

“Who’s in charge of the washing up?” Aerin asked as she put the dirty plates in the sink.

“I’m not. I just cooked for you all.” Natsumi said.

“I’ll cook tomorrow night,” Yurii said.

“Yurii, come on let’s play!” Natsumi said and then pulled Yurii out of the kitchen.

“I guess were doing it unnie.” Yumi sighed and looked at Hye.

“You wish. I’m going to go play with them.” Hye said and then ran out of the kitchen.

“I’ll help you.” Aerin smiled warmly at Yumi. The umma and the magnae cleaned the kitchen and only a few minutes later it was spotless.

In the living room, Hye was watching television, Natsumi was sat on her skateboard while smoking and Yurii was looking through the photos on her precious camera.

“Mimi! No smoking in the house!” Aerin shouted at Natsumi who grinned cheesily at her. Natsumi was the oldest but she acts so childish for her age at times. Aerin would always act as the mature one. Yurii was sitting near the window and she was the first one who heard a car pull up outside.

“It must be those people staying at the other cottage.” She thought.

Yumi was now sat beside Hye and they were both watching TV while Aerin was admiring the place. She was so lost in thought that Natsumi took the chance to light another cigarette.

“I might not see you but I can smell you.” Aerin said. Natsumi sighed but continued smoking like a chimney anyway. Before she know it, Aerin had kicked her skateboard making her fall down first on the wooden floor.

“Hey that hurts!” She squeaked.

“No smoking in the house.” Aerin said sternly.

“You guys…” Yurii said as she looked out the window.

“What is it?” Hye asked without taking her eyes away from the TV.

“Hot boys are staying at the other cottage! Eeeps!!” Yurii exclaimed. She grabbed her hand bag and then took something out. Natsumi stood up and then looked out the window. Aerin followed.
“Come on let’s check this ‘hot’ boys out.” Hye said pulling Yumi along with her. Their faces were all squished against the window as they all tried to make out who were these hot boys.

“Are those binoculars????” Hye gasped pointing at Yurii.

“Yes.” Yurii answered casually. The girls broke out into fits of laughter.

“Those are not boys. They are girls!” Yumi huffed.

Indeed there were 3 girls jumping out of a van.

“The boys went inside the cottage with the luggage. There were 8 of them.” Yurii explained.

“8 boys and 3 girls? That’s not fair.” Aerin mentioned.

“They should share.” Hye added.

“Hey that’s Heechul, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Siwon oppa!” Yumi gasped. Because she had Yesung as a big brother, she was familiar with the Super Junior members.

“SIWON?! WHERE?????” Hye panicked as she grabbed the binoculars off Yurii’s hand.

“OMG Fishy Hae is here???” Aerin gasped.

“Why are there celebrities here?” Natsumi questioned.

“Is that Joon and Mir from MBLAQ???” Yurii gasped.

“Aw look its Taemin oppa from SHINee!!” Yumi added.

“Oh dear God, Siwon looks hot.” Hye said as she fanned herself with her hand. “Donghae!!” Aerin crooned.

“Who are those 3 girls then??” Natsumi asked. Everyone kept silent.

**************************************************************