Shocking News

Just Another JamLi Story ♥
•JAMES•
 
“Oh hey guys! I thought you guys were the president and vice president of this club and you’re the late ones.” Bret said to us once we arrived.
 
“Oh well, there’s a good story behind that and I’m planning on talking to the person responsible.” I said heading toward Ivan.
 
“Stop it James!” Ann whispered beside me when I was already halfway to Ivan.
 
“Stop what?” I said stopping but not removing my eyes from Ivan.
 
“Stop this. What are you doing? I was the one who accidentally bumped into him. He didn’t bump into me at all.” She said emphasizing the word I.
 
Why the hell am I losing it? I know that I’m falling for my best friend. But why can’t I confess my true feelings to her.
 
“Well, he’s still at fault. He should look where he’s going. He was also running.” I said.
 
“How did you know he was also running? Were you there earlier? Did you see us? Then why didn’t you stop us from fighting?” she asked suspiciously.
 
Oh crap. She doesn’t know I was following her.
 
“Well, you told me a while ago. And if I was there why would I stop you guys from fighting?” I said quickly making an excuse.
 
“Oh. Did I say that a while ago? Still. Please stop it. Don’t go there. I’m begging you. Do this for me. Please?” she said with those puppy dog eyes.
 
No. Not the puppy dog eyes. Please. I can’t resist that.
 
“Fine. Just because you said so.” I sighed in defeat. She’s the only one who could do that to me. Well, except for Lauren.
 
“Yay! Thank you so much James! I love you!!!” she said as she hugged me.
 
She said she loved me. I know it was in a friendly way but still. That felt so good coming from .
 
“Okay let’s start rehearsals now!” Ann said after releasing me from our hug. Oh how I wanted that hug to be longer. No. Not now. Maybe tomorrow when we have our “date”.
 
“Let’s go!” I said really ecstatic.
 
-------------
 
•ANN•
 
“Finally, rehearsal’s done.” I said to Lauren.
 
“Look who’s all smiley.” She said to me giving me gentle nudge.
 
Smiley? I’m not smiley.
 
“Are you smiley because of your date tomorrow with my brother?” Lauren asked raising her brows.
 
“Date? What date?! James and I were just gonna hang-out tomorrow. It’s not a date.” I said quickly. We weren’t going on a date for Christ’s sake. Or are we? No, we’re not.
 
“Oh c’mon! Ann. We’re already in college. Although freshmen, I can see how you guys interact with each other.” She said plainly.
 
“Lauren, I’m telling you honestly. I do not like James in the way you are saying. I like him as a brother.” I said looking Lauren in the eye.
 
“Whatever you say Ann, whatever you say.” Lauren said laughing at me.
 
“Okay if I tell you I think I have a crush on Ivan would you believe me that I don’t like James?” I blurted out.
 
“Oh really now? I see the way you look at Ivan and I see the way you look at James. There’s a difference my friend.” Lauren said sounding like a wise person.
 
“Ugh. Whatever Lauren.” I said rolling my eyes mockingly before hugging her to say goodbye.
 
“Bye Lau! I have to go!” I said while hugging her tight.
 
“Bye Ann! I hope you think about what I said.” She said hugging me.
 
“Fine.” I said just to stop her from talking already.
 
---------------
 
•NARRATOR•
 
“Yi Shuan! Xing lai le! Wake-up!” Ann’s mom said knocking on Ann’s door.
 
“Ma.. Deng yi xia. Wait a minute.” Ann said still sleepy.
 
 “Faster. Wǒ hé nǐ bà ba xiǎng gào su nǐ yī xiē shì qíng. We need to tell you something.” Ann’s mom said opening her door and sitting beside Ann.
 
“Shi shen me ne? What is it?” Ann said sitting up straight.
 
“Nǐ bìxū xiān xǐzǎo qù le. Take a bath first then go down. Wo men hui gao su ni. Then we’ll tell you.” Ann’s mom said kissing Ann’s forehead.
 
“Hao le, hao le.” Ann said.
Downstairs…..
 
“Ma, Pa, Wo zuo xi zao le. I’m done taking a bath.” Ann said going down the stairs.
 
“Wǒmen zài zhè lǐ, zài kè tīng. We’re in the living room.” Ann’s father said.
 
“Hao. Okay.” Ann said heading to the living room.
 
“Ta she shei? Who is he?” Ann asked her father shocked to see there was a teenager just like her in the living room with her parents.
 
“Tā shì nǐ de wèi hūn fū. He is your fiancé.” Ann’s dad said as the guy claiming to be her fiancé smiled at her.
 
“Shénme?! Nǐ shì rèn zhēn de? What?! Are you serious?” Ann said quite shocked.