Change

Just Another JamLi Story ♥

• ANN •

As we walked towards the tree, I was thinking about this dude who I bumped into earlier this morning.

-FLASHBACK-

After talking to Ms. See, I was headed toward the printing office to photocopy our script. But before I can even reach the printing office, I accidentally bumped into someone. My things fell.

“Oh!” I said startled. “I’m so so sorry! I didn’t mean to!” I said to the stranger as I picked up my clipboard. Then something happened.

You know in the movies, when a girl bumps into a guy and when they try the get each others things they accidentally touch hands and then you suddenly look into each others eyes and stop for a split second.

I think I felt that. Just now.

Awkward silence.

Then he broke the silence. “ I’m also sorry. Let me help you with that.” As he picked up my things and handed them to me. “I’m really sorry. I’m Ivan by the way. Ivan Dorschner.” As he held out his hand and smiled at me. “Hey. Me too. I’m Ann, Ann Li.” I said as I shook his hand. “I’m sorry but I really have to go. Nice meeting you!” As I stalked off to the printing office.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

When James and I arrived under our favourite tree, I was still thinking about my little accident that morning.
“Earth to Ann Li!” James said as he was waving his hand in front of my face like I was blind or something.

“Oh… Uh…. Yes. Sorry about that. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about the play. Maybe we should tell Ms. See to change it. Since you don’t like the story anyway. I know she’ll understand.” I said kind of disoriented.

“……… Yeah. Totally. We should tell her that later during the meeting. I hope it wouldn’t disappoint the kada or the other cast members.” James said as if thinking twice about my offer.

Hmmm. Nah. I don’t think so. He was so freaked out when I gave him the cast list.

“Okay then. Let us go to class.” I said as I pulled his hand and ran toward our classmates. (They went out for the second period because it was free period)

• JAMES •

When we arrived at the tree. Ann was still spaced out like she was thinking about something deeply.

“Earth to Ann Li!” I said as I waved my hand in front of her face to annoy her. She still seemed so disoriented.

“Oh… Uh…. Yes. Sorry about that. Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about the play. Maybe we should tell Ms. See to change it. Since you don’t like the story anyway. I know she’ll understand.” She said.

Change the play? We’ve never done that before. And why would she like to change the play? Because of me? I wanted to ask her a lot of question but since it is almost time for class I said “……… Yeah. Totally. We should tell her that later during the meeting. I hope it wouldn’t disappoint the kada or the other cast members.”

“Okay then. Let us go to class.” She said as she pulled me towards our friends

------------
During recess, our kada went to the auditorium for a meeting with Ms. See. I was ready to tell her that we wanted to change the play. But something inside of me didn’t want to stop the play.

James! What has gotten into you?! You wouldn’t like being Edward!

“Hey everyone I just got the list of auditionees for the role of Jacob. And guess what? We have a lot of applicants!” Ms. See said as she entered the room.

“But Ms. See I thought I was supposed to get the audition sheet from the board?” Ann asked surprised.

Now how will our plan work?

“Well, I just got so excited and I couldn’t wait ‘til lunch. But look! It’s full already so there’s no point in waiting.” She jumped just like a little kid. “Maybe because our lead female role is the gorgeous Ann Li?” Did she just say that?

I looked at Ann and saw that she was blushing. Wait. Why am I even bothering to think about what Ms. See said and what Ann would feel.

“Uhm Ann, what about our plan now?” I said as I gently nudged her.

“Oh. My. Gosh. Wait I’ll have to tell her. I hate to break these kinds of things but oh well.” She whispered back to me as she walked toward Ms. See. She seemed sad.

Somehow I wanted to stop her. Should I? This is what I wanted right?

“Ms. See,” Ann began. “I have to tell you something.” “What is it dear?” Ms. See said happily.

Ugh. I hate to do this.

“Ms. See!” I approached them. “Ann just wants to say that we should start the auditions right away so that we can do the production earlier and have lots of time to prepare.” I said.

“Oh goody! Well, the auditions will take place tomorrow after dismissal from 3:00 – 5:00pm. I’m excited!” Ms. See said as she walked away talking to Bret who was also shocked by what I said.

Did I really say that? Ann looked shocked beside me. I know that there’s a string of questions waiting for me when we end the meeting. But somehow I felt relieved saying those things.

RINGG!

That’s the bell. I’m so dead.