Confused

Just Another JamLi Story ♥

• ANN •

What just happened? Did he really say that? I thought that he was the one who didn’t like it. He is so dead.

RINGG!

“ROBERT JAMES REID!!!” I quietly screamed. “What the heck was that?!” I thought my insides were coming out.

“I, uh, well, uhm, I saw Ms. See so happy and I didn’t want to break her happiness.” James said. He mumbled something else I didn’t hear. But right now, I wanted to step on his foot because of so much anger.

“You should’ve told me earlier so I didn’t look like a fool out there.” I said trying to calm down. “Okay what’s done is done. So I’ll just see you later okay?” I decided to forgive him. Maybe because I can’t bear to fight with him.

• JAMES •

I was really dead now.

“ROBERT JAMES REID!!!” Ann silently screamed behind me. She never used my full name except whenever she’s mad at me. Oh no.

“What the heck was that?!” she said like she was about to explode with anger.

“I, uh, well, uhm, I saw Ms. See so happy and I didn’t want to break her happiness.” I didn’t exactly know what to say. “It’s because I really want to do the part already” did I really say that? She didn’t seem to hear. Oh well.

She seems to have cooled of a little bit already when she said “You should’ve told me earlier so I didn’t look like a fool out there. Okay what’s done is done. So I’ll just see you later okay?” then she left. I was surprised when she said that. I thought that she was gonna be mad at me for a VERY long time.

------

“Hey guys! You wanna go out? Like shop or hang-out in Promenade?” Lauren said after our last period class.

There was a chorus of yes from us. “Okay then let’s go.”

------

At Starbucks while Lauren was ordering for the kada, a subject came up.

“So James, I thought that you didn’t like being Edward?” Jenny asked me suddenly.

I felt tensed. Should I be tensed? I shouldn’t be right? But why do I feel like this?

“I, uh, just saw Ms. See so happy. She was really excited for the play and I didn’t want to be a kill joy. Okay?!” I said sweating hard.

“Okay, okay. You didn’t have to be defensive! I was just asking a question.” Jenny said.

While we were bickering, I suddenly noticed Ann’s face. She was talking to Jenny, but I wasn’t paying attention to that. She’s so beautiful. I want to touch her soft pink cheeks. Her luscious black hair, her fashionista style. Wait. I am not thinking these things. What the hell?! No. No. No. This cannot be true. I am not falling for….. for…..

“James!” Somebody broke my train of thought.

“James! Here’s your frappucino.” Lauren said, annoyed, handing me my cup.

“Oh. Thank you Lauren.” I said.

“So guys. Tomorrow’s gonna be he auditions for the role of Jacob. Don’t forget!” Ann said.

We all nodded.

But what I really was thinking about was what Ms. See was talking about a while ago.

-FLASHBACK-

“Well, I just got so excited and I couldn’t wait ‘til lunch. But look! It’s full already so there’s no point in waiting.” She jumped just like a little kid. “Maybe because our lead female role is the gorgeous Ann Li?” Did she just say that?

-END OF FLASHBACK-

“James?” Ann’s voice rattled him back to reality.

“Uh. Yes?” I said.

“Are you okay? You seem to space out a lot lately. I’m really sorry about earlier.” She said.

“Yeah. I’m fine. I’m just thinking about a lot of stuff lately. I’m sorry to you know. For not giving you a heads up.” I said.

Then we hugged each other. We always hug each other after we fight. But this hug was different. I felt something weird. I felt tingles in my stomach. Is this real? It better not be. It can’t be. My heart goes pound, pound, pound. It has to stop. But it feels so good. I don’t want it to stop. But it has to. I don’t want to ruin our friendship just because of what I’m feeling.

Why is this so hard?!

• ANN •

Dear Diary,

            Sorry I haven’t written in a while. So the cast is set. We just have to have auditions for the role of Jacob. Actually, I’m kind of excited. Anyway, James and I fought a while ago. But it’s all good now. So. I have this feeling. Just like when he hugged me that night after my party. I didn’t want to let go. But I gotta stop feeling this. I don’t want to ruin what James and I have. Let’s just leave it at that. Okay. So Jenny and I were talking earlier. She said Ryan asked her if she could be his girlfriend. She said YES! They’re officially out now. I’m so happy for them. When will I feel this too? I’m sleepy already. Auditions tomorrow. Write after it. Goodnight!

Love,

Ann