The Auditions

Just Another JamLi Story ♥

 

•ANN•

It’s the audition time. Whoa. All 50 slots were filled up by auditionees. That’s good, well I better head to the auditorium now.

“Hey Ann! Wait up!” I heard someone’s very familiar voice behind me.

“Oh Hey Ivan!” OMG. It’s Ivan. What do I do? What do I do? He’s really cute when he’s running. He’s got that cute smile.

“Ann… You… Forgot your… Book…” He said in between breaths. Holding my Math book.

“Oh. Did we get to exchange books? Here’s yours. Good thing I didn’t have Math today.” I said as I gave him his book.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t get to give it to you yesterday. I was hurrying to my next class, I was pretty late.” Ivan said as he took his book.

“It’s okay. Well, I got to go now. I have to get to the auditions right now.” I said.

“You’re auditioning for Jacob? I thought it was a guy’s role?” Ivan asked pretending to be shocked.

“Nope. I’m the Dramatics Guild president, I’ll be there to watch the auditions.” I said as I stifled a laugh.

“Oh. I thought I signed up for the wrong thing. Well, see you later.” He said pretending to be relieved.

He’s auditioning?! Whoa. Actor material.

“See you!” I said as I walked to the auditorium, laughing.

He knows how to make people laugh. Has a good sense of humor. Well, he’s cute too. I think I like him.

---------

“Hey guys! Is everyone here?” I asked my kada.

“Nope. James and Lau are not yet here…..oh wait yes they are.” Jenny said as James and Lauren enter the auditorium.

“Sorry if we’re late. Our teacher dismissed us late today. So shall we get started?” James said taking a seat beside me.

Honestly, I’m shocked by his enthusiasm. Maybe he really would like to do this play after all.

“Okay let’s start. Alexander Wang! Go for it!” I said as I called number one of fifty.

--------

“Okay, next! Ivan Dorschner.” I said, actually excited to see him perform. He was the last. Now I’m giddy.

 •JAMES•

“Okay, next! Ivan Dorschner.” Ann said. Finally! The last one! Most of these people bored me to death.

Ann seems to smile at this dude. Does she know him? They’re staring at each other.

“Uhm, please start your audition now.” I said impatiently.

“Oh yeah, okay. Here it goes” Ivan said removing his eyes from Ann.

“Can you believe my dad paid me twenty bucks to come to your prom?” He was acting already. I thought he was directing that statement to Ann since she replied.

“Yes, I can, well, I hope you’re enjoying yourself at least. See anything you like?” Ann said. She was really good, even if I heard this for the fiftieth time today.

“Yeah, but she’s taken” Ivan said and looking at me.

Why did he look at me? Is he getting suspicious? Oh right. I was playing Edward.

“You look pretty by the way.” Ivan said, ending the audition.

“Okay. We’ll just post the results tomorrow. Good luck to all! You may leave now.” Ann said. Not removing her eyes from Ivan.

Why do I feel so mad when he said that Ann was pretty. Ugh. I really am in love right now. I just hope he doesn’t pass. Deliberations now. I’m sure I won’t pass him. But he’s really good. It’s not fair. No I’ll say no I’m sure they’ll pick him he was the best among all the other auditionees.

“Okay. I want to pass Ivan.” Ann finally said, smiling.

“Me too!” Lauren said.

How the hell could Lauren betray me? Oh well she doesn’t know but still. I gave my death glares to her. She didn’t see. Ugh. Why?

“Us too!” Fretzie said pertaining to her and Jenny.

“What about you Bret, Ryan and James?” Ann said expectant.

“Ryan and I say yes to that Dorschner dude.” Bret said suddenly.

Ugh. Even my best guy friends want him? How do I not make him pass?

“I don’t want him.” I said.

“Why?!” Ann said shocked. Lauren looked at me smirking.

“Well, I don’t see him as Jacob.” I said smoothly.

“Oh really? Well, it’s 6 against 1 so he’s still in. And that Patrick Sugui can be his understudy.” Ann said with a tone of finalization.

“Okay.” The others said in unison.

“Ugh. Fine.” Ivan Dorschner, I hope you’re not hitting on Ann.