Gut Feeling

Just Another JamLi Story ♥

•NARRATOR•

“Well…..” Fretzie said.

“Well?” Ann said excitedly.

“Fine. Yes, it’s Bret.” Fretzie said jumping up and down with Ann.

“Fretzie. ZOMG. I knew it! You guys were acting weird when you’re together. So do you plan on telling him? Or would you want me to play cupid?” Ann said making sure no one heard besides them.

“NOOO!!! I want him to come to me directly on his own free will, no help from anyone. Do you think he likes me too though?” Fretzie asked purposely batting her eyelashes.

“No. Just Kidding. Yes of course I do. I told you, you guys were acting weird, I think the feeling’s mutual. And now, I’m happy for two of my friends.” Ann said clearly happy for Fretzie.

“Thanks. So what about you? Any crushes? What about that guy who got the role of Jacob for the play? It seems like you two knew each other even before the auditions.” Fretzie said suspiciously.

Little did Fretzie know, when she was talking about her liking Bret, she was thinking of James. Which is what questions her. Why the hell was she thinking of James at a time like this? So instead she answered…

“Oh well, I think I have this giddy feeling whenever I’m around him. But I don’t want to make assumptions or anything like that. Maybe we’d get to know each other more before I could say I have a crush on him.” Ann said carefully.

“Oh really? And what about James?” Fretzie said raising one brow.

Why did she ask me about James? Ann thought.

“James? Why would you ask that. James is my best guy friend and I wouldn’t want to ruin our relationship. I only think of him as a brother. Nothing more nothing less.” Ann said hesitantly.

I hope I really do think of him as a brother. Ann thought again.

“Oh really? Well, if you have these vibes about me and Bret, I think I also have vibes about you and James.” Fretzie said with an evil smile on her face as she ran away making Ann catch her.

•ANN•

“Oh really? And what about James?” Fretzie said raising one brow.

Why did she ask me about James? 

“James? Why would you ask that. James is my best guy friend and I wouldn’t want to ruin our relationship. I only think of him as a brother. Nothing more nothing less.” I said hesitantly.

I hope I really do think of him as a brother.

“Oh really? Well, if you have these vibes about me and Bret, I think I also have vibes about you and James.” Fretzie said with an evil smile on her face as she ran away making me catch her.

“Wait up Fretzie!” I shouted as I tried to catch up with her. But to no avail I couldn’t catch up with her then when I began to run again looking for her, I accidentally bumped into someone.

“OUCH!” both of us said as we both fell on our butts.

“Oh, I’m so sorry Ann, are you okay?” It was Ivan.

“Oh Ivan, it was you. I’m sorry too I wasn’t really looking where I was going.” I said as he helped me up.

Then, that time, I forgot whatever Fretzie told me about James and I.

“Oh… I… uh… Thanks!” I said.

“Sure. Uhm… sorry for bumping into you. I’ve got to run, I left my script in my locker, wouldn’t want to let down the DG president. See you later!” Ivan said heading the other way.

“Oh sorry too! See you later!” I said dumb-struck.

Why was I so dumb-struck? I think I really have a crush on him. Oh well. He’s good and everything. He’s also a gentleman.

“ANN!” James called me from behind me.

“Oh, hey James. Why are you shouting at me?” I said snapping out of my thoughts.

“Well, I was calling you like 500 times already and you haven’t picked up.” James said pointing to my phone.

“Oh sorry, I had an accident a while ago, I must’ve not heard it.” I said.

“Accident?! What happened? Are you okay? Do you want me to bring you to the infirmary?” he said checking on me everywhere.

“Oh no, I’m fine. I was running and I bumped into Ivan. No harm done.” I said casually.

“Did you say something?” I asked him.

“Oh, no, I said let’s go, we’re gonna be late for rehearsals.” He said as he pulled my arm.

•JAMES•

“Oh sorry, I had an accident a while ago, I must’ve not heard it.” Ann said.

“Accident?! What happened? Are you okay? Do you want me to bring you to the infirmary?” I said panicking and checking her everywhere.

“Oh no, I’m fine. I was running and I bumped into Ivan. No harm done.” she said casually.

“Ivan again? Is he serious? That’s what I do to get women’s attention.” I mumbled.

“Did you say something?” She asked me.

“Oh, no, I said let’s go, we’re gonna be late for rehearsals.” I said as I pulled her arm going to the auditorium.

I better have a talk with that Ivan. I will tell him that Ann is mine and mine alone.

--------

“Oh hey guys! I thought you guys were the president and vice president of this club and you’re the late ones.” Bret said to us once we arrived.

“Oh well, there’s a good story behind that and I’m planning on talking to the person responsible.” I said heading toward Ivan.