Chapter 6

And All These Little Things

“Ya! Are you alright?”, MinJoo asks, as she throws the canned drink of hers on your lap, making you almost jump from your seat. You screamed in shock, as the ice cold drink brought you back to your senses.

 

You remain speechless, as you take the drink from your lap. Reading details written on the can, trying to divert your attention.

 

MinJoo walks in front of you as she sits beside you, looking at you sternly. You look back at her expression that you gave her a confused expression.

 

“You didn’t answer my question”, she said as she turns away, opening her drink.

 

“I answered that question already for the nth time. I told you I’am fine.”, you responded, leaning back to the couch, closing your eyes.

 

“You are fine, you are! I never see you staring out of nowhere. I never hear you say “babo ____________, babo!”, after a minute or two.I did not just open the door, then seeing you with SeungRi, and politely, he says, he just wanted to take you home. You are really fine, better I guess.”, she said, ironically.

 

“It doesn’t have to be a big deal. I am just tired, confused...”, you whine, like a kid, getting the throw pillow as you cover your face.

 

“and in love.”, she ended, looking at you as she grins. Still not taking the throw pillow that covers your face, she can hear you say something but she can’t understand.

“Stop whining~”, she said, as she suddenly turns, holding the throw pillow trying to take it off from you. Pulling harder, she succeeded as she saw that worried expression on your face.

 

“You think it might be so easy and so early to say that it is that four letter word already?”. You asked, looking back at her, as she goes back to her place.

 

“I don’t know, I actually don’t know. But _______________, I am a girl too, and much older than you. I personally know how it feels, I have been there. And those things I always see in you, were just minor signs...”, she said, after taking a drink.

 

“…but you are going there ___________, you are going there.”, she continued, placing the canned drink at the center table.

 

“I don’t get it either. Honestly, its not my first time to see him personally. I actually saw him at your manager’s wedding. Remember? That was when you left your purse…”, you said, remembering every detail when you first saw him. MinJoo drew closer as she listens intently.

 

“…Everyone seemed happy, delighted, even me. The couple was so happy, and I felt they were meant for each other, really. But when my eyes happen to pass him, I don’t know why, but he seemed in pain, looking at them, I just stopped there, looking at him, and I even wanted to ask him if what seemed to be wrong…”, you continued, then turning away,

 

“…After seeing him, he never left my head, he kept running back and forth, and it just wouldn’t stop. I am trying to avoid it, but it just wouldn’t… I don’t know. So earlier when we saw each other again, I did everything I can to act normal.”, you ended, spilling out everything that has been bothering you.

 

“So you are, you are truly in that state.”, she says, as a true confidant. Moving much closer, she held you in her arms and let you lean on her shoulders.

 

“It seemed a little early to say so, but maybe that is how you fall in that deep endless cliff.”, she continued, after taking a deep breath.

 

“Maybe its about time you explore that feeling you’ve been suppressing. I mean, maybe if you will let it flow freely, then I guess you will find the answers.”, she said, as you look at her, trying to smile,as you thought maybe she is right.

 

“Just be careful, and get to know him more…”, she said, as she slowly lets you go, and stood up from her seat.

 

“SeungRi is not that typical guy a woman like you should meet.”, she said, as it sounded like a warning, before walking away, going to the kitchen to get the midnight snack she prepared for the both of you.

 

“What do you mean?”, you asked, as your eyes followed her, curious on what she wanted to tell you.

 

Instead of saying anything, she just smiled and turn her back from you, getting the food she preheated from the oven.

 

After tasting the snack and a few chit-chats, both of you decided to rest since its almost 2 in the morning. Good thing your class will only be good for 3 hours tomorrow, and you can wake up late since it will be on the afternoon.

 

 

Its already pass 11 when you arrived at the university, carrying your bag and packed lunch. You never really like restaurant food or the meals they served from the cafeteria since it tasted like what the patients would eat at the hospital, blunt and plain.

 

Walking at the spacious garden of the university, passing by big trees. You decided to take your lunch, sitting on one of the benches placed at the side of the path. Your school garden really seemed like a park, and that’s why you chose to go there while waiting for your classmates.

 

Opening your lunch box, you feel something is moving from behind you. You try not to move, yet you observed and pretended that you aren’t aware of what is happening.

 

Coming out of nowhere, someone sat beside you, sternly, not even leaning his back on the bench. He was looking straight at the direction you are facing, not even taking his shades off.

 

You slowly look up, while holding your spoon and fork,

 

And yes, there he was again.

 

“What are you…”, you were about to say, but screams and squeals coming out from your left, coming from the main building, and as everyone second pass, it gets louder and louder.

 

You slowly move forward trying to make sure it really came from there.

 

“Don’t look to your left.”, he said, still looking at the same direction he’s been looking at ever since he sat there.

 

Your eye brows met, still you were curious and why is it that everyone is suddenly making a commotion.

 

Until one female voice screamed, making you realize why he doesn’t want you to do that.

 

“THIS WAY! SEUNGRI WENT THIS WAY!”, she shouted, loud and clear.

 

Upon hearing this, SeungRi grabbed your hand, pulling you up from your seat, making your lunch flew down to the ground. Shocked, you grab your bag using your other hand, as you both dash away from the scene trying to look for some place to hide. SeungRi runs really fast, yet you really didn’t mind.

 

All you can think is his hand holding yours, and the every second that pass that he holds it  tightly.

 

Time seemed a little slower than usual, the place seemed a little bright and clear. Everything seemed so tantalizing, that you feel it wasn’t the reality you are in already.

 

You remembered what you and MinJoo talked about last night, and questions started to  fly around your head again. A lot of What ifs, almost knock you out.

 

What if I let my feelings flow out?

What if I'am really in love to him?

What if he doesn’t love me back?

What if…?

 

You shook your head, trying to wake up from this seemed like a dream you have.  You feel your heart beating fast, but you thought it was because of the running,

 

Yet you know, there were two reasons why it was beating fast.

 

SeungRi turns and pulls you at the back of gym, were in it was mostly covered by plants. Good thing he was fast enough in pulling you, that both of you were already far from them.

 

He makes you lean to the wall, as he stands in front of you, so close, as he tried to peek in to see if the girls were still there running after both of you.

 

He moves much closer to get a better look at them who went to the other direction. Yes, both of you are now safe.

 

 

But you might not be,

 

His breaths reaches the side of your neck, as his hands lean on the wall, that even if you try to run away, he can grab you back to your position.

 

“That was close…”, he said, taking a deep breath, as he move his head back, then closing his eyes.

 

“___________________, are you okay?”, he asks as he opens his eyes.

 

Surprised, he sees your head turned into the other direction, like you don’t want to look at him, your eyes remained close, your heart was pounding, like it would come out of your chest any minute from now.

 

He moves a little, now face to face with you, to hear the words you were mumbling.

 

But before he can ask if you were okay, your words made him confused.

 

“I am not yet ready, I am not yet ready, please stop beating fast…”, you mumble, as your other hand held your chest, to where your heart is placed. Tapping it slightly.

 

But do you think it will stop?