Chapter 4

And All These Little Things

“Aigoo! Our dongsaeng is finally dating~” , one of your classmates said.

 

Yes. They knew what happened, they knew how you got stuck there for a moment, how he mistakenly thought you were his date and they knew how you ran away from him.

 

But they didn’t knew who he was.

 

“I bet he didn’t date MinJoo again because of you~….” One of them added

 

“Yeah, and probably by know he’s been thinking of you all day long, asking himself what did he  do.”, another from your side said.

 

“Aish~~ I told you it never was a date, it never happened at all. I just…”, you whine, they’ve been teasing you the whole week after MinJoo had told them what happened.

 

Yes. And how you changed these past few days.

 

You were always looking out of nowhere, thinking in deep thoughts. Often times, MinJoo would catch you snap back to your senses, and rub your eyes like checking if what you see is real.  

 

You really felt embarrassed after what you did, running away from him, like seeing a ghost.

 

And you actually don’t understand why.

 

 

 

‘Still. You met someone at a fancy restaurant, and we consider it as a date. I bet that man is so handsome, that he always left you staring out at nowhere.”, one of them said, as they all smile at you like it really happened. Considering you just saw someone and he thought you were his date, for them it was a happy thing to hear.

 

You never go into dates, and you never even tried in your entire life.

 

The first time these people heard this from you really surprised them. At your age, at least you should have experienced even a single date in your teenage years. Or even a guy confessing his love for you.

 

But you didn’t.

 

Yes, sometimes you are searching for that feeling. That unique feeling that you only see to your friends whenever they share stories, that feeling every time you watch these dramas on TV, these movies in cinemas.

 

That feeling, they say, they can’t explain.

 

Your class just ended, and its almost 9 in the evening. And these are the times you didn’t like the most.

 

Going home late at night, from an all-day lecture inside the hospital.

 

Though a nursing student, and this kind of environment is something you should be used to,

 

It sometimes creeps you out.

 

Honestly, the whole idea of having lectures inside the hospital is something you disapprove.

 

Walking out the hospital with some of your classmates, you noticed something was missing.

 

Checking your things, you agree, you left something at the lecture hall.

 

“Sorry everyone, but I need to go back upstairs, I think I left my reading glasses on my table.”, you said to them, sscratching your head.

 

“I told you, something is really wrong with __________________....”, one of the guys said to your classmates.

 

“…See? She’s not that forgetful with her things.”, he continued,  smiling.

 

“Stop it~ And besides, I’m a still a person, I can make mistakes, I can forget things…”

 

“And yes Miss _________________, you can fall in love.”, one of the girls said, they all laugh as they saw your cheeks turned pink, while you shook your head in disagreement.

 

“Whatever you say. I’m heading up. I guess you have to go home now.”, you said, waving your hands goodbye, as they all walk out the building, still with those smile drawn on their lips.

 

Going inside the hospital again, you decided to take the stairs since all the elevators seemed taking a little longer than usual to go down.

 

Reaching the fourth floor, you went to the two way door at the other side of the hallway where the lecture hall was located.

 

Walking at your normal pace, you were trying to look at your phone inside your bag,

 

Until a weird noise caught your attention.

 

Passing by the waiting area, you hear a doorknob being moved, like it was trying to be open slowly.

 

Looking around you, and saw no one was there already creep you out.

 

This is the kind of scenario that really scared you.

 

Until your eyes reached the door of a room beside the lecture hall.

 

Walking slowly, observing carefully everything around you then back to the door where you hear the movement came from.

 

You were taken aback on what happened next.

 

You saw how the knob turns as the door slowly opens. Dumbfounded, you took a step back, in horror, and in shock.

 

You felt your blood all went down, that your whole body was ice-cold. Your heart thumps so loud, and you feel like it will explode. You feel a cold sweat falling down your fore head. Your knees were growing weak that you finally lean down at a wall, near the room.

 

You expect the worse, but you were made ready to see what was coming.

 

Until a familiar figure peeks out from the door, looking from left to right, until his eyes reach you standing there, frozen, scared, shock.

 

And there you were, standing in surprise not sure if what you see is real.

 

He smiles like a kid, like he’s not seeing your reaction, how you looked so white thinking what would come out on one of the patient’s rooms, in this empty hallways at the middle of the night.

 

And you were there again, left with no words that come out of your mouth.

 

Footsteps were heard coming from the other side of the hallway, instantly put you back to your senses.

 

Not knowing what to do. He signals you to keep quiet, like don’t tell anyone he was there, hiding.

 

You nod, still in shock, not knowing what to do.

 

Two men in there mid -30s appeared from nowhere, and it appears like they are looking from something,

 

Or someone.

 

“I’m sure he was just here. He told me he went to visit SeungHyun.”, the bigger man said, as he looks around the waiting area.

 

“Aish! He’s really giving me headache!”, a tall man exclaimed, as he scratches his head in disappointment, until his eyes finally reached you.

 

You, there, standing in front of the door where you saw him, still your hand was shaking.

 

“Miss, excuse me…”, the tall guy said as he went near you.

 

Turning your head slowly, hiding your shaking hands, you try to cover up the fear you just felt.

 

“Ye…yes?...”, you look at them, like nothing happened.

 

“I just don’t want to bother, but have you seen this man?”, he asks, as he shows a photo of this man they were looking for.

 

You look at the door where he hides and back to the picture the man was showing.

 

“I…I..No, I’m sorry. I just got here…”, you said, stuttering, as you fix your hair, then looking down, thinking of what you did was wrong.

 

You hear him take a deep breath, then look back at the man he was with a while ago.

And yes, he lets out a groan, and the moment he says the name of the one he is looking for.

 

You are now sure, that what you saw was real.

 

“SeungRi, you are a dead meat for doing this!”, he said, as both of them went downstairs, like in a hurry.

 

You breathe out, letting away all the fear, nervousness, you felt a while ago.

 

Slowly, you sat down the floor, taking deep breaths every now and then. Your heart now slowly calms down, as your hands stop shaking.

 

You really thought it was something a while ago.

 

The door then opened again, as he went out like nothing happened.

 

He saw you there, sitting down the floor, looking at him like you were really pissed on what he did.

 

“Are you okay?”, SeungRi asked, as he went near you.

 

You quickly stood up, leaving him again for the second time.

 

“Ya! Where do you think you are going again?”, as he followed you in a quick pace. As he puts on a surgical mask he used earlier again as a disguise.

 

Going down the stairs, he continues to follow you, and like he will never let you out of his sight. You hear him  calling your name few times until it slowly sounded like a whisper then it disappeared.

 

Upon reaching the ground floor, you still feel him following you until you reach the hospital’s entrance.

 

Walking in a fast pace, making sure he wouldn’t reach you, he quickly stops you, as he stands in front you, his hands spread apart.

 

“What is the matter with you?”, you asked, annoyed now, after what he did to you, scaring you like that. Yes, you are pissed. He looks at you, as he slowly takes off the mask.

 

“I’m just trying to make sure you will not run away from me again.”, he said with a smirk drawn on his lips.

 

Looking at him with your expression that didn’t change. His words, have always left you cold and shocked again. You quickly look away from him, and started to walk away.

 

“he did remember me….he did remember me…”, you say to yourself, heart beating louder every minute.

 

“I remember you of course, how will I forget someone who made me feel embarrassed in front of those people. Aigoo! Good thing I have an handsome face that they truly ignore what happened!”, he said, speaking with pride.

 

“Excuse me!”, you said, in a loud tone, completely not believing with what he said, that you turn around and look at him.

 

“And I’m sure you didn’t forget me too _______________.”, he said, as he walked and stopped beside you , looking at you intently.

 

“has anyone told you that you are too arrogant to be a handsome man?...”, you say, then giving him a sullen glance, as you walk way.

 

“…and you are not even handsome!”, you continued, after looking back at him again.

 

“Ya! How can you say that to one of the Korea’s most popular performer?”, he said, now annoyed with what you said.

“I told you, for me, you are not handsome…”,  you say to him, as you walk on these cold streets of Seoul. You already hear your stomach rumbling, since you haven’t eaten your dinner yet.

 

“…with that attitude of yours, I think you won’t be able to be one.”, you said, standing at the side of the road, waiting for the green light, giving that signal for the pedestrians that they are now able to pass through.

 

“Then tell me, tell me how can a man be called handsome?”, he says, looking at you intently.

 

“There are a lot of qualities a man needs to be having before he can be called as handsome.”, you say, looking at him with your eye brow raised.

 

“Well…Well, if you tell me those qualities, and I will be able to do them all. Then you can call me a duly, certified, handsome man?”, he said, like accepting the challenge, like he’s up for anything.

 

“I guess. Better make  me.”, you ended, with a smirk drawn on your lips, as you saw the green light now turned, letting you pass the road.

 

You walk down the lane, not noticing a car speeding up, going to your direction.

 

A hand quickly grabs you by the arm, pulling you back to your position. You were so surprised by what happened, and how fast it went.

 

The car quickly passed like a wind, as the red light is now on again, that you had to wait for the green light, to be able to pass through.

 

He looks at you again. Still with his hand holding your arms tight like he doesn’t want to let you pass that road again.

 

“Surely I will.”, he said, smirking. As your heart thumps loud again, looking at him back in astonishment.

 

And your heart seemed like it will surely be familiar with this kind of feeling