Chapter 5

And All These Little Things

“Are you going to continue following me? Do you have anywhere else to go or anything else to do?”, you asked him while walking in a nearby food stall.

 

“Can I answer one question at a time? Firstly, No, I got nothing to do today.”, he says, then making a tight-lipped smile. He was lying, you knew. His manager has been looking for him all afternoon, and for sure up to this moment.

 

“You sure?..”, you asked with your eyebrow raised, as you buy your food, a popular Korean street food, ddeokbokki. He bought the same food, surprisingly. For someone who just saw him twice or thrice, you think he’s not a simple man, that he rather enjoys a luxurious meal, than what you are eating.

 

“…I mean. Your manager, I think he was that man, he was looking for you.”, you continued, then taking a bite of your food.

 

“Can I answer the first question you just asked?”, he said, looking at you, speaking as he chews the food. You started to walk after paying your food, wanting to go home early,since its almost 10.

 

“Well,  I will not continue following you if you tell me how can I make you take back those words you said to me.”, he shouted, making you stop from walking. You turn around, glaring at him, for making such noise. Good thing there were only a few people on the street at that time.

 

“What words?”, you asked, annoyed.

 

“THOSE words.”, he said, smiling, teasing you.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about!”, you said, turning back from him, walking away.

 

“Excuse me Maam, but this young man speaking in front of you is having a hard time with his girlfriend. Can you help me to make her turn back and talk to me again?”, he said to the lady owning the food stall where you bought your food.

 

“Young lady! Your boyfriend here is begging you to talk to him in a nice manner. You seemed a little annoyed at him right now, but I’m sure what he did to you will be forgivable. He looked so handsome to be ignored.”, the old lady said. Taking a deep breath, yes, annoyed this time. You turn to them, this time, with a fake smile.

 

“Aigoo! I’m sorry for being a little annoyed my boyfriend. Come now, and we’ll talk.”, you say, smiling. But your eyes never lie, that it was indeed a fake kind of  smile. As you turn back, giving him a sullen glance.

 

He smiles, satisfied, as he ran to you again.

 

“You look really good together, I hope you will get married someday.”, the  old lady said, before she disappears somewhere.

 

You look back in annoyance, then to your food again. You’ve been playing it in annoyance. You actually never thought you’d be in this situation.

 

And whoever planned this day, and everything that is happening, you wish it will stop soon.

 

Up to now, you keep asking yourself, why you met and why you keep seeing this guy.

 

“So now, tell me. What can I do to make you say that I’am handsome indeed?”, he says, after taking a bite againe.

 

“I will be if first you stop being so arrogant…”, you look at him as he looks back at you, listening intently.

 

“…A real handsome man, doesn’t brag about what he has. And instead, he is humble. Humble to think and appreciate his own, and what others have.”, you said, as you look up the sky, looking at the stars, like thinking of what more to say.

 

“That’s a little hard, I guess. I’m not arrogant you know.”, he says, looking at you, contradicting your opinions.

 

“See? That’s what I’ve been telling you SeungRi...”, you said after taking a deep breath.

 

“…If you can do that, what more the next few advices I will say?”, you ask, as you were stopped by your phone, as it rang suddenly.

 

You grab your phone from your pocket, and you weren’t sure if you were reading the right letters.

 

“OMO! I left my glasses, I forgot to get them earlier at the lecture hall…”, you said in frustration, and yes the reason why you weren’t able to get it is because of this man beside you.

 

“…and its because of you scaring me earlier! Aigoo! It almost killed me!”, you continued, as he looks at you in disbelief.

 

“You wear glasses?...”, he asked, as he stopped.

“…I can’t imagine you wearing one…”, he continued, looking away.

“Why?”, you asked, looking at him, surprised in what he said.

 

“Your eyes looked really expressive, putting glasses on will hide its beauty.”, he said, with sincerity, as he started to walk away.

 

Stunned.

 

It’s the first time someone had said that to you.

 

And for someone like him, someone you just knew, someone you haven’t spend time with so long. Someone, someone you only saw and met few times. Someone you never talked to that long.

 

It was really surprising, on how observant he was. Was he looking at you all the time?

 

“Come, I’ll walk you home. I know where you and Minjoo stay.”, he said, as he looks back at you, frozen in your position, completely surprised by what he said.

 

Was it what he said that made you froze, or is it that feeling that is letting out a different you? :)