Chapter 3

And All These Little Things

Looking at his brown eyes, though having dark circles around them, you felt the clock stopped from ticking. He was looking intently, and deeply into your eyes, like he was seeing himself flown away. His smile, his smile that you have seen for the first time, made you stopped from breathing. You felt like you’re looking at an angel, that everything looked captivating. You hear your heart pounding louder and louder every second that pass.

 

That feeling, that feeling so foreign to you.

 

Rubbing your eyes again, as you are thinking what you see isn’t really him. He lets out a chuckle seeing that action you made.

 

“I know, its me. The Big bang’s…”, he said, shaking his head, as he smirked. Thinking you were one of those girls, who would chase Big Bang in all their concerts, shows, and even at the airport. Although, you know Big Bang since MinJoo had always told you so much about them. You were not really that interested.

 

SeungRi wasn’t able to continue what he wanted to say, as his phone rang. Snapping you back to your senses.

 

            “Hyung!”, he answers, then took a glance at you, who is now rubbing your pinkish cheeks, looking embarrassed. You wanted to speak, but your lips seemed like it was glued.

 

                        “Yes, she’s in front of me now…”, SeungRi said, as he sound satisfied with his date now, not knowing it wasn’t you he is supposed to meet tonight. He looked at you, as you look at him, shaking your head in disagreement.

 

            “No, no, I’m not”, you whisper. Then covered your face in embarrassment. You feel your cheeks heat, up as your hands were really cold.

 

            “What?! Are you sure?”, he exclaimed. Looking at you, as his expression suddenly changed. He was looking in disbelief, you were not sure what the man on the other line said.

 

            You took a deep breath, trying to gather yourself again. You felt you melted not only in embarrassment, but by just simply looking at this man in front of you. Getting your scarf, and your things, you decided to leave, not wanting to explain anything to him.

 

Standing up, without looking at him, you walked in a fast pace. You just wanted to get away, you wanted to tell him that you are not his date, that you are only here to help your friend, that you had nothing to do with it.

           

            But every time you would open your mouth to explain, no words would came out.

 

The right words seemed hidden.

 

“Ya! Where are you going?...”, he looks at you in astonishment, he points his finger  at you, following the direction you were going. You didn’t care at all, that you continue to walk away. He holds his phone on the other hand, as JiYong’s voice was pretty loud enough asking what’s going on.

 

“YA!”, he called again, as he chased after you going out the restaurant. Good thing you are good at this, you had managed to call a cab right away, Rushing your way in, he wasn’t able to grab you, as he was standing at the sidewalk, looking so ashamed  of himself, seeing the cab drive away. He ruffles his hair, not quite sure on what to do next.

 

“I told you this would be a mess.”, he said frustrated, talking again to JiYong on the other line.

 

“What happened?”, JiYong asked. SeungRi goes back to the restaurant, fixing his suit, as he goes back to the table, where you and MinJoo sat a while ago.

 

“You always mess up, I told you…”, he said in a disappointed tone, sitting down

 

“…Aish! I’m just going to eat here, and then go back to the studio. I just wasted my time here, Hyung.”. he said, then putting the phone down. He can’t believe it happened on the third time, what they thought that would help him forget her, turned out to be another way to frustrate him even more.

 

            Fixing himself, his hair, his suit, he smiled again, as a gorgeous looking waitress approaches, handing him over the list of the menu. Of course, what else would the maknae do. Pointing out the food he wanted to eat, the lady smiled at her, flirting with her eyes, as he stared him. He winked at her, as the lady walks away, swaying her hips.

 

“that should be the kind of girls, hyung would give me.”, he says to himself, as he gulps in a glass of water. Not noticing, someone was approaching.

 

“SeungRi Oppa?!”, MinJoo exclaimed, in disbelief and disappointment. SeungRi almost threw up, hearing his name being screamed, and that voice, that voice is someone he knew. No one would do that to him, except for MinJoo.

 

Placing the glass on his side, as he quickly picks up the table napkin, wiping his mouth.

 

“Oh! MinJoo~yah! What are you doing here? You surprised me. I never know you go to this kind of places.”, he said, teasing MinJoo like he always do, as he places the table napkin back to his side.

 

“Can’t I go to a date…”, she stopped, looking at him in frustration and surprise. She took a deep breath, preparing to hear words, she wouldn’t expect to hear from him.

 

“Are…Are you here on a blind date?”, she asked, with her arms crossed.

 

“Yes…how did you…”, he said, as he looks up, quite surprised.

 

“YOU ARE?!”. They both shouted, in disbelief and in shock, pointing fingers at each other. They can’t believe that they were decided to put in a blind date, knowing that they have known each other ever since MinJoo started working on that restaurant. Teasing each other all day, is what these two do. And MinJoo never liked SeungRi, because of what she said “attitudet” towards woman of all ages, color, height, and dignity.

 

“Ho…ho…how come…”, SeungRi said, as he stands up, pointing his finger at the door, recalling how he just saw you sitting there a while ago, like waiting for someone, and now points his finger at MinJoo, who was completely devastated.

 

“I should have listened to…”, approaching the table getting her things, she was stopped from what she had just realize.

 

“Wait…Where’s my friend?...”, she asked SeungRi. Looking down the floor, thinking deeply, gathering everything his mind, to realize what really happened.

 

“Excuse me.”, she said, standing in front of him, snapping her fingers, to bring him back to his senses. Now, he knew there was a mistake.

 

“I…I… I saw her left. Just…just a few minutes ago. I don’t know, she was rushing her way out, like something came up.”, he said, sly smile drawn on his lips. He looks at her, making her believe on what he had just said.

 

“Are you sure you had nothing to do with her running her way out?”. She asked, with her eye brow raised.

 

“Of course, why would I do that? I saw she was talking someone over the phone, and then left, she even bumped into me, making my suit a little worn out.”. he said, sitting down, placing the table napkin on his lap. He looks up at MinJoo still standing there, looking at him, pissed.

 

“What are you waiting for then? Sit down, and have your dinner.”, he said, smiling like a kid.

 

“Whatever.”, she said, sitting down, fixing her things.

 

“By the way, when my hyungs ask you what happened tonight. Please, you know what to do…”, he said, trying to do that trick again. He really wanted to end this kind of things. Just so, his hyungs wouldn’t set him up again, he told MinJoo to tell them everything turned out fine.

 

“Oh! What did you say your friend’s name was?”, he said, looking at MinJoo with curiousity.