The Flower and The River

The Flower and The River

Here it is~ So for this chapter the song is actually a playlist on YouTube that I made myself for this chapter. 

HERE

I listened to this the whole time and I feel like it just works for every moment in this story.

and I love it so much it will probably show up again in a different chapter.

I beg you to listen to it while reading cuz it really creates and keeps the mood of this chapter. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy! ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

I loved him.

 

I'd been sent to him like shipment on a boat. I was fully paid for and in perfect condition.

 

But I loved him.

 

I'd fallen for him, let him take my ity and heard him swear on everything that I was the only one he ever loved. I needed him.

 

Yes, he'd lied to me. He'd kept a secret that should not have been kept, but we'd gotten past it. He went against my wishes and let Tao stay when I wanted her to leave. But I loved him.

 

He'd been willing to sacrifice another human being for me. He'd been willing to throw away his morals so that I could live. I loved him so much it hurt.

 

I loved the way he held me, the way he looked at me. I loved how he slept like he was dead but could fake sleep so well and over hear me when I whispered things to him. I loved the way he stole my pumpkin pie when he clearly knew I wanted it. I loved when he wore the plumeria flower crowns I made him, and how he adored when I wore them behind my ear. I loved the way he played with Rui, how he chased him around and ruffled his hair whenever Rui ate well. I loved the way he picked me up with out reason, just to see me laugh or to smile up at me. I loved the way he made love to me, with passion and vigor and determination. I loved his strong and intense eyes that saw right through me, his large hands that held me close and his full lips that caresses my skin so often.

 

I'd been sent to him on a boat, and he wanted to send me away on a boat. How cruel.

 

I loved him. I needed him. He was everything to me.

 

Wu Fan was my river and I was his flower. I didn't want to leave him. I never really had, and now he was forcing me too.

 

“Wu Fan. No.” I choked out. My hands balled themselves in to his dirty tank top. He looked up at me with sad eyes.

“You need to get out of here. You can go to Thailand. You can wait for me there.” he tried to smile.

 

He couldn't be serious. He was coming with me. I loved him. I needed him. How could he think that I was getting that boat with out him? He thought I was just going to leave?

 

“I am not getting on another boat like that.” I cried and fell in to his arms. I wasn't going to be sent away again. I needed him. I'd found a new home in his arms and I loved him. He shushed me, he rubbed my back and presses kisses to my shoulder.

 

“You need to go and take Rui. You both will be okay, you'll take great care of him while I'm gone like you always do. Jongdae is going with you. You'll be fine.” he murmured against my shoulder. I shook my head in disbelief. I wanted him to come with me. I needed him to come with me. I didn't want to start my life all over again with out him.

 

He pulled me out of his lap and packed a bag full of thing's I would need. He went in to Rui's room and did the same. I sat on the bed with my knees tucked to my chest, whimpering and telling him to stop it. I wasn't leaving him, I was staying right there with him.

 

“You're definitely not staying here my love,” he chuckled quietly while folding Rui's small clothes. He packed Rui's favorite toys, all of them hand carved by the trio including the horse and little man Yixing and Jongdae had made him. He made sure a drawing of our wedding was in my pack, something Ani had given us as a surprise present.

 

He packed the earrings I'd given him. Making me wear the plumeria one in my own ear. He almost put his own wedding ring in but I stopped him. I didn't want him putting in his personal things as if he wasn't coming back to me.

“I'll see you soon enough. So don't take it off.” I whispered while fiddling with his fingers. The silver band sparkled at me, the plumeria at the top tugging my heart in every direction.

 

“I just want to make sure if anything happens-”

 

“Nothing will happen.” I cried out. My frustration, anxiety and panic was at its worst. Wu Fan had money, he'd find another time to get to me. He'd find the money to sail to Thailand and we'd be together again.

 

I closed my eyes as his thumb wiped away my tears.

“You said you didn't want to lose me...” I gasped. The anxiety was pulling at my gut. My hands roamed his arms and his chest. I thought that I should remember what his skin felt like underneath my fingers. It was smooth and warm. He had muscle he had...my finger reached up to his face and traced what they could. But why bother? He was going to come back to me wasn't he? I'd see him again once everything was over.

 

My heart was beating too fast. It was hard to breath.

 

What if I never saw him again?

 

“I love you Minseok” those eyes looked at me. They saw me, really saw me.

 

“Please don't.” I begged in a hushed tone.

 

He got up from the bed and went to Rui's room and came out with our sleeping son in his arms. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand. I tugged back at first. I wasn't going to leave him. I was staying with him. He was coming with me.

 

But his eyes fell on me and I stopped resisting. He pulled me out to the living room.

 

Jongin and Luhan were on one of the couches. Luhan had a small pack in his lap and Jongin's hand in his. Yixing was on the other couch with a very quiet Jongdae seated next to him. Jongdae also had a bag but on his back.

Tao stood near the front door. Her small bag in her arms as she held herself. The sun was setting, and darkness was coming upon us. Everything was quiet. Everything was wrong.

 

The anxiety was still building in me. I was really going to leave?

I didn't want to do this. I needed him.

 

“I strapped the cart to the horse. You can go when you're ready.” Yixing told Jongin. The dark haired man nodded and immediately stood up. He helped Luhan get up as well, taking the bag from him and holding Luhan's hand as they went out the front. But I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to leave.

 

Wu Fan continued to hold a sleeping Rui in his arms while holding my hand and leading me outside. I heard muffled cries from behind me and I knew Jongdae was just as upset as I was.

 

I saw the hosre and the carriage outside. The carriage that I'd helped load with bags of rice and sugarcane for a few years. I didn't want to leave. I wanted Wu Fan to come with me.

 

Jongin hoised Luhan up and in to the cart, my friend careful walked to the back and sat down, wincing a bit as his back hit the wall of the crate. Jongin walked to the front and mounted the horse and waited.

 

Yixing took a moment to walk to the front and tell Jongin wich path to take, which path would keep us hidden for the most part. And Jongin assured Yixing he was good with his gun, he'd take care of everything, but to watch our fields for any sudden movement.

 

“If you see Sehun, tell him I left. He'll abandon the mission and find a way off the island. He never wanted to take this job anyways. If you see Chanyeol, shoot until you hit him. And make sure he's dead. Otherwise he'll hunt all of us for the rest of our lives.”

 

Jongdae was next. And he fought, his arms clinging to Yixing as he whimpered and cried. Yixing had to pull Jongdae against him again, hugging him tightly and telling him things I'd never know. But I did hear one thing that I still don't know about to this day, maybe I'll have to ask Jongdae to write about it for me. Just as Yixing was getting ready to lift his lover and put him back in the cart, Jongdae pressed one last searing kiss to Yixing's lips.

 

“I'm sorry it took me so long. I'm sorry. I should have realized it sooner. We could have had more time...” Jongdae's voice bobbed as he spoke, his hands were running over Yixing's face over and over again and through his hair and up his arms. He too was trying to memorize Yixing, just in case.

 

“I love you too Dae, I always did, I always will.” Yixing smiled gently.

 

Jongdae held on until the last moment, until Yixing forced him in to the cart and walked away. He stormed in to the house with out another word and Jongdae was left to crawl to the back and join Luhan, who instantly wrapped Jongdae in his embrace and comforted him.

 

And then it was my turn.

 

Please Wu Fan” I tried again. He put Rui in my arms and my little gem snuggled in to my embrace. I felt Wu Fan's strong arms around my hips and I hated it for once. I didn't want to do this.

 

“J-just come with me.” I begged as my hand reached out and clutched his hand. I wasn't going to let go. I was going to stay or he was coming with me. I was so afraid. I was so scared.

 

Tao climbed in to the carriage. And I couldn't believe myself when I let her take Rui from my arms. She held him and walked to the back to seat herself. And I was left by myself grabbing on to Wu Fan with all I had. He was coming with me. Why did he need to stay? To fight Chanyeol? He needed to come with me we couldn't separate.

 

“Wu Fan no! I don't want to!” I cried at him, my hands balled in to fist and I held on to the collar of his shirt. Someone had wrapped their arms around my waist from behind was pulling at me, pulling me away from him. Wu Fan was pulling at my hands and pushing me away.

 

“No Wu Fan please pleas please! Wu Fan!” I screamed out desperately.

 

He pressed his last kiss to my hands. “You are my flower, and I am your river. I'll come back to you.”

 

He pried my fingers away and let me go.

 

It was Jongdae who was behind me, holding me and pulling me back in to the cart.

 

My heart hurt so badly, I tried to stop my crying so I could see him clearly.

 

I watched as my home got smaller, as my husband disappeared. I watched as the sun set, as the fields faded away, as my husband watched me leave.

 

You better come back to me! You promised!” I yelled and sobbed and cried and screamed for him. Jongdae pulled me to the back, pushing me in to Luhan's side as we both broke down.

 

Luhan kissed my temple while Jongdae rested his head on my shoulder.

 

He was my river. I was his flower. I needed him. I loved him.

 

 

 

 

“You are my flower. I am your river.” a deep voice murmured in to Minseok's ear. Kris really needed to stop sneaking up on him like that. He turned and looked up at his husband with sad eyes, the tears clearly falling down his cheeks from the memories running through his mind. Kris leaned down and kissed his wet cheeks, pulling out Minseok's chair.

 

“Let me give you love and patience so that you may grow.” Kris wrapped his arms around Minseok's waist, lifting him up so he could wrap his legs around Kris's waist.

 

“Drift with me downstream, be happy and content my flower for I am your river.” his husband smiled while his own eyes grew moist. Kris ran a thumb over Minseok's cheek and held his face with a smile,

“You are too beautiful to let go, and I'm sorry I did. But I will do whatever it takes to let you bloom, because you are my flower and I am your river. And I love you so much Minseok.” Kris whispered against his lips. Minseok let out a shaky sigh and smiled in to the kiss.

 

He took his time, caressing every part one of Kris's features with his lips.

 

“I love you Wu Fan. You came back to me. I love you.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a little short but I just felt like the emotions in this chapter needed to be isolated from the rest...

so quick confession I actually started to feel some emotion while writing this chapter, and that like never happens.

So I hope you did too lol.

Hope you enjoyed! Wish me luck my finals! hehe jk you don't have to. ^^;

Thank you so much for reading! If you have any questions feel free to ask! or you know if you have feels, we can discuss those too!

Thank you again and please continue to anticipate! <3