Chapter 8

The Twin Couple

Chapter 8

Ting tong! The door bell rang and Sung Hee was half awake from her beauty sleep. It was still early in the morning. The bell was continuously rang. Sung Hee looked around, searching for Na Young. She got up from the bed and could hear the sound of water from the bathroom.

‘She must be in there,’ she thought to herself, and continued her way to the front door.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming,” Sung Hee slightly annoyed. “Aish, people these days. Be patient!” she shouted as she walked lazily and scratched her messy hair.

She unlocked the door and it was cracked opened. “Hey, girlfriend!” a loud cheer coming into her ears from the person who was standing in front of the door. “I brought your favourite pancakes for breakfast,” she continued.

Sung Hee instantly wide awake. “Omo! Ga Young!” she shouted happily and literally jumped onto Ga Young, who was still standing in front of her, with hands wide opened, seemed like waiting for a hug.

“Jun Sung Hee!” Ga Young shouted back and they were hugging while jumping happily.

“Omo! Come on, come in,” Sung Hee said and she dragged her into the house.

They sat on the couch in front of the television. “Eh, where’s Na Young?” Ga Young asked in the middle of their endless conversation.

“Oh, she’s bathing,” Sung Hee said. “She’ll get here soon. I’m sure we’re loud enough for her to hear us,” she playfully said.

“So, how’s my unnie?” Ga Young asked, starting another conversation.

“She’s splendid. But, not as great as hanging out with you, of course,” Sung Hee replied. “You’re right, she got Ahjussi’s eyes,” she continued.

“Beautiful, isn’t she? But, as we’re separated, we looked a little different from each other, don’t you think so?” Ga Young asked her.

“Well, as a twin, you girls don’t really look like twins. But, she does look like someone from your family,” Sung Hee commented. “But, she does have similarities with you. Your nose, your lips, look like her,” Sung Hee continued, pointing to every parts of the face of the Ga Young.

“Really?” she asked with a smile. “But, who really cares about that right?” she laughed it off.

Their conversation stopped as they heard a footstep coming from the room.

“Sung Hee?” Na Young called out Sung Hee’s name. “I thought I heard your screaming just now?” Na Young asked before she was visible to them.

Na Young came to the living room to see what was going on until she saw her own sister.

“Oh my god! Ga Young!” she called out quite loudly as she hugged Ga Young in a loving hug. “Wow, you’ve grown taller,” she said as soon as they broke the hug.

“You look so fine, unnie,” Ga Young complimented.

“Aww, this is so beautiful moment,” Sung Hee said as she clapped her hands once. “Let’s take a picture out of you two,” she said and ran to her room, looking for her cell phone.

She came back as fast as lighting with her cell phone. They posed nicely for the picture.

“Wow, that came out well,” Sung Hee commented as she re-looked at the picture taken.

They conversed while taking breakfast that morning. The pancakes brought by Ga Young was finished in a moment.

“So, what’s the plan?” Sung Hee asked, while washing the dirty dishes.

“Yeah, so after this, are we heading to Incheon?” Na Young asked as she wiped the dining table.

“And, wait up,” Sung Hee snapped as Ga Young about to answer Na Young. “You came here alone without Yong Nam? Or did he dropped you here and went to hang with Yong Guk and Him Chan?” she asked.

“Okay, firstly, I came here alone by taxi,” Ga Young answered.

“What’s wrong, sweetie? Are you okay?” Na Young concerned. Sung Hee was giving looks to her.

“No, everything is fine, don’t worry,” Ga Young laughed it off. “He had to stay there, because you know, the wedding preparation thing and the café. His parents asked him to stay, that’s all,” she explained.

“Huh, I thought something went wrong with that guy,” Sung Hee said in relief. “I was thinking of beating him to death if he ever hurts you,” she continued with funny expression.

“Thanks, babe. You’re the best,” Ga Young said and laughed. “But, I don’t really need you to beat him because I can definitely do that myself,” she continued.

‘How nice to have friends like this,’ Na Young thought to herself as she watched the girls fighting over who’s stronger that who.

“Hey, you haven’t told us the plan,” Sung Hee said. “Are you going to take Na Young to Incheon today?” she asked.

“Yeah, you’ll be going with me today, unnie,” she informed. “After lunch, we’ll go back to Incheon, you can start packing your stuffs,” she ordered.

“Packing what? She didn’t even unpacked when she first got here,” Sung Hee mocked and laughed.

“Stop mocking,” Ga Young snapped as Na Young slyly smiled. “Anyway, are you coming with us?” she asked Sung Hee.

“No, I can’t, babe. I have to work for another two weeks. My break only approved for a week before the wedding,” she said, disappointed. “That damn supervisor. Yong Guk and Him Chan also got the same break as I am, only 2 weeks break, a week before and after the wedding,” she continued and whined.

“Don’t worry, no matter how many days you came in, you’ll still my maid of honour, same as Na Young. Just that, we’ll get to pick your dress, because you come in late,” Ga Young said and laughed. “Say this to Yong Guk and Him Chan too. I’ll pick the tux for the best men,” she continued.

“I’ll be the maid of honour too?” Na Young asked. “I thought only Sung Hee will be?” she doubted.

“Of course, and you’ll be the one who walked me down the aisle, as appa’s substitute,” Ga Young confirmed. “I can only count on you, unnie. Because appa can just watch me from the heaven,” she continued.