Chapter 4

The Twin Couple

Chapter 4

‘Finally!’ she mentally screamed in her head as she smiled through her way back towards her dormitory.

She cracked the door opened. She entered her room and automatically slammed herself on the bed.

“Bye, bed. I’m going to Seoul. This is our last time together. Until next semester,” she murmured and threw a small happy laugh.

The door was cracked open again. It was Hannah, her one and only roommate.

“I’m back,” she said, after closing back the door.

“How was the paper today?” Na Young asked her as she sat up on her bed.

“Quite good, I’m confident about passing the paper,” she replied with a confident look.

“Whoa, future doctor on the roll,” Na Young teased.

“Whatever,” Hannah laughed it off. “Anyway, today is your last day, right?” she asked.

“Yup, I’ll be gone in another hour. I’m here to collect my things and say goodbye to this room, and you, of course,” she informed.

“Okay, I see,” Hannah nodded. “How lucky, I got another 3 papers to go,” she whined.

“Hannah, I’m so sorry that I have to go back this early, I can’t stay like last semester. I have told you that I have to go to Korea right after the last paper, right?” she apologized.

“It’s okay, Nikki dear,” Hannah said and pinched Na Young’s right cheek. “Don’t worry about me. I can have my classmate to sleepover if I’m so scared to stay alone, which doesn’t even make sense,” she continued, half assuring and half bragging.

“I’ll go check my e-mail for a while, then I’ll go, okay?” Na Young said as she stood up and went to her study table.

“You’ll go straight away to Korea after this?” Hannah asked as Na Young was turning on her laptop.

“Nope, after this I’ll go back to London first,” Na Young replied without facing Hannah as she was logging in her e-mail account.

“You will catch tomorrow’s flight then?” Hannah assumed.

“Yup, early tomorrow. It’s going to be a long day,” Na Young sighed happily.

“Whoa, you sounded so happy,” Hannah smiled. “Okay, I’ll go and eat. Do you want me to buy you anything?” she offered, as she laid her bag over her shoulder.

“No, it’s okay, I’m good,” Na Young declined. “Happy eating,” she wished.

“Okay, happy holiday, dear,” she wished back.

“Oh yeah, don’t forget to bring your key. The moment you get back, I may already be gone,” Na Young reminded as Hannah nodded and showed her key. After a minute, she was already disappeared through the door.

Na Young stared at the screen, scrolling down her list of e-mails. She found the reply of the previous e-mail by Ga Young.

From: Seo Ga Young
To: Nikki Seo

Subject: RE: Please come back to Seoul!

Na Young-ah, I believe that I can’t pick you up at the airport. Yong Nam said that we will return to Incheon at the day. So, new plan.

Yong Nam told me that his twin will be able to pick you up. You still remember Yong Guk, right? I sent you our group picture last Christmas, right? He looks pretty much like Yong Nam, so you won’t find a hard time to recognize him. However, I will attach our recent group photos, just in case.

And, I’ll tell him to send you at Sung Hee’s place. I hope you can stay at her place for few days, I can only pick you up and bring you to Incheon in the weekend. I already informed her about this, she’s so happy about having to know you. She’s a nice person, no harm.

So, see you soon, okay? Sorry for the inconvenience, yeah? Love you, unnie. I can’t wait to see you, face to face, eyes to eyes. Until then, annyeong!

Lots of Love,

Ga Young

Na Young read it twice, just to make sure. ‘So, I’ll stay with Ga Young’s friend?’ she asked herself. She downloaded the attached file from the e-mail.

After it was successfully downloaded, it automatically appeared on the screen. It contained five people, as usual. From left, Yong Guk, Yong Nam, her twin sister, Ga Young, her only best female friend, Sung Hee and the other one, on the right side, Him Chan.

Ever since Ga Young entered high school, she always with this group of people. She often told Na Young about events in her life, which almost all important events in her life often related to those four people. As for Na Young, she always got jealous that Ga Young had so many things going on, because she felt that her entire life was a boring story and .

She was put in a big family of 11 people. Her step father, her mother, her 3 step brothers and her 5 step sisters. They were never get along. She was a lonely girl these past 12 years. When she stepped into university and decided to stay in hostel, that was when she felt less suffocated. Even though life in Aberdeen was not as fun compared to Ga Young’s life in Incheon, she always tell herself that living in Aberdeen is much better than living in London.

“How nice to be you, Ga Young,” she mumbled to herself and sighed. ‘How great could it be if our parents are still together and we’re not separated like this. I wonder if I am the sixth person in the group, if we’re still together,’ she thought.

She shut down her laptop and started to gather her stuffs. She get her already packed luggage and placed it at the doorstep. She packed her files into her bag pack and laid it across her shoulders. She got out from the room and locked it.

She dragged her luggage and walked out of the building. She went to the car park, where she parked her car and placed the luggage into the car. She placed her bag pack onto the passenger’s seat and she took the driver’s seat. She carefully started the engine and pulled the seatbelt. She drove away the car, all the way from Aberdeen to London.