Chapter 5

The Twin Couple

Chapter 5

She arrived at her step father’s house that night. As usual, the house was quite. Everyone was busy. Half of her step siblings were not living in the mansion anymore. Only 3 more girls, who were younger than her and still in school lived there, but they always hanged out at their friends’ place and came home by midnight or even morning.

She walked to the kitchen, to found her maid was there, cooking. That was Mrs. Kang, the only person that she could always talk to in the house, because at least, the maid spoke in Korean.

“Ahjumma, I’m home,” she greeted after sitting down at the kitchen’s dining table.

“Ah, Na Young,” the maid turned her head around to see her bright face. “You’re home early. Madam said you finished the last paper just today. I thought you are going to stay there for a few more days,” she commented as she continued with her cooking.

“Didn’t omma said anything about me going back to Seoul?” she asked as she grabbed salad and ate it instantly.

“I don’t remember anything about it,” the maid said, furrowing her eyebrows. “Ah, it is about your sister’s marriage?” she asked again, after a moment of deep thinking.

“Oh! I’ll be leaving tomorrow,” she informed. “Ahjumma, I’ll told omma to bring you to Seoul for the wedding, okay? I want you to meet Ga Young. You’re going to love her so much more than you love me. She is great,” she said, happily.

“I believe that you’re just as great as her,” the old lady lovingly said. “Now, you should eat and rest. You’re going to have a long day tomorrow,” she continued as she served the food from the pot into a plate and placed it on the dining table.

She happily ate while chatting with her only one, who she considered as friend, in the house. The only one person who made her feel alive and that she would not ever forget about Korea. Even though she was only half Korean, she loved her father dearly and she didn’t want to fully transform as British.

That night, she slept with a full bucket of hope, that the next day would be brighter.

The next day, as planned, she went to the airport, sent by her step father’s driver. She wanted to be left at the airport without anyone’s companionship. As always, she enjoyed spending time, alone.

She took a flight, that morning, to Seoul from London. She sat in the plane, with many thoughts, on how she would act around Ga Young and her friends, can she be their friends, and the thoughts just came across her mind, like the cars in the highway, the thoughts continuously and simultaneously crossed her brain. Her feelings were mixed. She felt happy, nervous, scared, delightful and feelings that are indescribable.

 The supposed to be long flight, felt really short as she was thinking and thinking nonstop. She heard the final announcement by the stewardess about their landing. She put on her seatbelt and waited for the next announcement. Before she knew it, the landing was a success and there she was, in the land of Seoul, in South Korea, the country that she was born at.

She left the plane and went through some procedures to get to her luggage. Finally, she went through the arrival door and searched for the guy, the Yong Nam look-alike guy, whose face she recognized really well, from Ga Young’s pictures and stories.

‘Maybe they’re late,’ she thought to herself as she dragged her luggage to the waiting seat near the arrival entrance.

She sat on the seat, browsing the net using her cell phone, until she saw the very familiar face, walking back and forth around the floor that she was at. She recognized him immediately.

‘He must be looking for me,’ she thought and she put away her cell phone into her bag. She stood up and pulled her luggage.

He, the one that she recognized, was stopping in the middle of the way. He looked like he was texting someone.

She quickly walked towards him as she dragged her luggage. She accosted him and carefully mentioned, “Bang Yong Guk-ssi?” in the tone of questioning.

He turned around and face her. She smiled carefully, as he seemed like he was scanning her face thoroughly.

“Yong Guk-ssi?” she mentioned his name once again, while waving her hand in front of his face, as he seemed to have lost in his thought.

“Oh yeah,” he snapped out of his thought and cleared his throat.

“I’m Na Young,” she informed. “Ga Young’s twin sister?” she explained as if questioning if he knew her.

“Oh yeah, yeah,” he nodded few times, awkwardly, indicating that he knew her, which made her released a relief breath. “You don’t really look like her, though,” he murmured, however, she managed to catch the words.

“Oh, we’re fraternal. We don’t really look alike,” she explained with a small smile.

“Hyung, you found her,” Young Jae came from behind Na Young and said.

“Sorry, I don’t recognized you,” Na Young said with apologetic voice as she never saw him before.

“Oh, you speak Korean!” Young Jae exclaimed as he eyed Yong Guk, who was avoiding his gaze. “By the way, I’m Young Jae, not very important. Ga Young nuna and I are not close to each other, she may be didn’t tell you about me. I’m Yong Guk hyung’s housemate,” Young Jae explained, gained him a nod from Na Young. “You don’t really look like Ga Young nuna. I thought twins look alike, like Yong Guk hyung and Yong Nam hyung,” he continued.

“Ga Young and I, we’re fraternal twins, not identical, we don’t necessarily look alike,” she explained. “And, you sounded so friendly,” she continued and smiled.

“Yeah, he is very friendly,” Yong Guk said. “Now, let’s find Him Chan and go home,” Yong Guk continued as he walked towards the escalator, leaving both of Na Young and Young Jae behind.

“Nuna, our hyung don’t really have manner, so, forgive him,” Young Jae apologized on behalf of Yong Guk. “But, he is a nice guy, I can ensure that,” he informed.

“It’s okay, I understand. And, Ga Young said he’s nice, so I know about it, don’t feel bad,” she carefully said and smiled it off.

“Let me take your luggage,” he offered as he already pulled the luggage away, before Na Young can declined.

Na Young walked behind Young Jae, who was catching up with Yong Guk, who was focused with his phone, probably, texting someone.

 

=======

I finished a chapter by today! Haha, I said it will be updated tomorrow right? But, can't wait anymore! I'm so excited, lol.

Anyway, I just finished all three papers of tests today and nothing's going to stop me from writing! Oh, I'm so hyper! Well, except author's block and laziness, that can definitely stop me from writing.

Anyway, congrats to both of me and Jongup! *o* For completing our exams. Me = MUET, Mr. Cheetos = SAT. And, I also got my first semester result yesterday and I passed with no paper repeat and just enough to get me to degree level!

Sooo, did you see him at M! Countdown?! I was busy spazzing that day, no studying at all! So, I believe if I don't pass with band 4, Jongup is the culprit. He is such a sweetheart and BAP, as well as BABYZ are very supportive, with that much of luck in his side, I believe he will do great in SAT.

Btw, happy reading! And, I'm looking for person to make me the poster for this story, any recommendations?