Chapter 9

The Twin Couple

Chapter 9

“Yong Guk oppa,” Dong Yi’s voice echoed outside the house. She knocked the door.

Jong Up was half awake as he walked to the door and opened the door. “Yah, Kim Dong Yi, too early,” he said after he opened the door as he could recognized Dong Yi’s voice even from 3 kilometres away.

“Omo, you just woke up?” Dong Yi asked as he walked to the couch and threw himself on it. “You said we’ll be leaving in early of the morning!” Dong Yi yelled as she walked into the house.

“Shut up! They’re still sleeping,” Jong Up shushed her and talked in half-whispering way.

“Yah, you said in early of the morning. I woke up early for this,” Dong Yi said, whispering too, in angry emotion. She sat on the single couch.

“No, I didn’t,” Jong Up denied. “We’ll go in the afternoon,” he confirmed.

“No,” Dong Yi dragged her voice. “You said it like this, “Yong Guk hyung will be leaving before the dawn”. Like that,” Dong Yi said, imitating Jong Up, in irritation.

“Oh,” Jong Up said, looking like he remembered his words. “That’s Yong Guk hyung. The rest of us will go in the afternoon,” he re-informed.

“What?!” Dong Yi yelled and Jong Up shushed her. “So, where is Yong Guk oppa?” she asked.

“Oh, he already left at the dawn,” Jong Up informed casually.

“Eh?!” Dong Yi shouted, in disappointment.

“Ahhh!!!” they suddenly heard a yelling from the room. “Why you have to be really loud and annoying at early in the morning, when all the people in the world are supposed to be sleeping?” the voice whined loudly in annoyance.

Dae Hyun appeared in the living room, shirtless. “What the devil are you,” he asked but was stopped as he saw Dong Yi.

“Omo,” Dong Yi’s jaw was dropping. Jong Up instantly turned her head the other way.

“Maaaaaaa!!!” Dae Hyun shouted and ran back into his room. “Maaa! Moon Jong Up!” he shouted again from his room.

“Hyung, I’m sorry,” Jong Up said as he walked into the room as well.

“Why are you having a girl over, in the morning?!” Dae Hyun scolded. “I’m shirtless at the morning, you idiot!” he yelled loudly as Young Jae started to stir and pulled his blanket over his head.

“Aishhh!” Young Jae grumbled under his blanket. “Why are you guys have to disturb my sleep?” he scolded as he yanked his blanket and stood up.

“I’m sorry, hyung. She came over just now. I wasn’t expecting it actually,” he explained.

“Whatever!” Dae Hyun said. “Keep her still, in the living room. I’m going to bath,” he said as he yanked the towel from the edge of his bed.

“Okay, okay,” Jong Up assured while signing it with his finger.

Young Jae went back to sleep while murmuring something about “loud” and “whiny”. Jong Up went out of the room, walking towards the living room, scratching the back of his head. Dong Yi was restless.

“I’m sorry?” she said, more like questioning, with an awkward smile.

“Not your fault, no problem. We yelled at each other every day,” Jong Up said, with assuring smile. “Anyway, stay here, okay? Just don’t walked around the house. My hyungs, they sometimes, sleep without clothes,” he awkwardly told her.

“Oh, okay, sure” she nodded.

“I’ll go and wash up,” Jong Up said and went into his room after receiving an “okay” from Dong Yi.

Jun Hong got out from his room as Jong Up went into his.

“Dong Yi sunbae?” Jun Hong called out, to make sure. He titled his head to the side.

“Oh, Choi Jun Hong, annyeong,” Dong Yi waved her hand. “Can you switch on the television or something? I’m getting boring here,” Dong Yi pleaded.

“Sure,” Jun Hong said as he the television.

Dong Yi watched the television as Jun Hong was staring at her, questionably.

“Why are you staring at me?” Dong Yi asked as she was restless from the stare.

“I’m sorry, sunbae,” Jun Hong apologized but he didn’t stop staring. “But, are you dating Jong Up hyung?” he asked, curiously.

“You must be kidding,” Dong Yi said and laughed it off. “I’m not dating anyone, especially not Jong Up,” she denied.

“Oh, okay,” Jun Hong nodded and made faces.

“Eh, wait,” Dong Yi snapped. “Is that what you think about me and Jong Up? You think, we’re dating? Is everyone in this house think we are?” she asked persistently, opening her eyes widely.

“Uh? Em, that is what I thought?” Jun Hong said, in questioning tone.

“No, no, no, no, no, no. We’re not dating,” she intensely denied. “Tell that to your cousin. Tell that to your Yong Guk hyung,” she said, defensively, like worrying something would go wrong if she didn’t deny it.

“Okay,” Jun Hong carelessly said, furrowing his eyebrows. “Why are you so defensive? I’m just asking for confirmation,” he continued.

“There’s nothing to be confirmed. We’re not dating. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?” she denied again and again.

“I said, okay already. I believe you, sunbae. Nothing is going on between you and Jong Up hyung, okay,” Jun Hong defensively said. “Why are you continuously denying?” he asked.

“Nothing,” she cleared . “We’re friends, best kind of friends, classmates,” she re-confirmed. “Nothing absolutely going on, of course,” she denied. “Don’t say anything about this ever again, especially not in front of Yong Guk oppa, he’ll get the wrong idea about this,” she reminded Jun Hong.

“I said, okay!” Jun Hong yelled in irritation, to the defensive behaviour showed by Dong Yi.

As for Jong Up, who was standing behind his door, eavesdropping the conversation, he definitely did not have good feeling about that.

‘What is this feeling,’ he thought to himself as his hand was unknowingly moved to his chest. He felt like his heart was in great indescribable pain. He shook his head, saying that it made no sense, in state of denial. He walked to the living room, joining those two, in casual conversation.