Chapter 13

The Twin Couple

Chapter 13

Finally, after hours, she arrived in London airport. She dragged her luggage after she got them from the security check. As she was about to call her father’s driver to come and pick her up, she saw someone familiar to her.

The old lady walked towards her with a big smile.

“My sweetie,” she said as she opened wide her arms and pulled the girl into her hug.

“Mother,” Na Young muttered, in disbelief. She stared at her mother as she blinked her eyes a few times.

“Are you tired?” the old lady asked as she gestured her hands, as an instruction for the driver to take away Na Young’s luggage.

Na Young smiled at the driver as she gave away her luggage. “No, not really,” she replied to her mother.

“Then, let’s go shopping. I need new dresses,” her mother suggested as she linked their arms together.

“Sure?” Na Young agreed, more like questioned as she was some kind of surprised towards her mother’s attitude that day.

Both of them entered the car and the car was driven on the road.

The old lady was talkative, talking to Na Young. As she remembered, in her memories, that was the first time in 12 years that she actually talked with her mother, face to face, eyes to eyes, in a long sweet conversation.

She was happy that her mother changed. Maybe Ga Young was right. However, she couldn’t help but to have a suspicion feelings in her heart. She felt like her mother was being nice for a reason. A reason that she also did not know what. She was just holding in, not wanting to destroy the nice moment by asking something that were unclear yet. She just washed her insecure feelings away.

“Oh, we’re arriving!” the mother said excitedly after looking out the window and recognizing the street that the car was drove into.

The car parked in front of a luxurious boutique. The driver opened the car door for both of them. Na Young nodded to thank the driver.

“Let’s go in,” the old lady said as she hooked into Na Young’s arm.

The salesgirl opened the entrance for them. They entered the boutique and someone was already waiting for them.

“Mrs. Dawson, welcome,” an older woman, who Na Young believed to be the owner of the boutique said to her mother. “A lot of new dresses already arrived. I believed you will like them,” she informed and gestured her hands to bring them to the section.

“Oh, no, no. Not for me,” the old lady declined. “This young lady over here, my daughter. Any dress suit for her?” she asked as she pointed to Na Young, who was standing beside her.

“Sure! Fair skin, petite body, many dresses will suit you,” the owner commented as she examined Na Young with her eyes. “Come with me,” she continued and gestured her hands to them, indicating that they have to follow her.

“I thought it’s you who want to look for new dresses,” Na Young whispered as they walked behind the boutique owner.

However, the old lady did not reply her statement.

“Here, many dresses,” she showed them the collection. “Is it for any special occasion?” she asked as her workers brought in many dress collections.

“Oh yes, dress for dinner?” she replied, more like returning the question.

“Of course,” she uttered and got up to find a suitable dress.

“What dinner?” Na Young asked desperately, she felt like her suspicion was real indeed.

“Tonight’s dinner. Family dinner, my dear,” her mother assured as she held her hands and smiled.

“Maybe this one?” the owner came back with a dress, delaying the question and answer session between Na Young and her mother.

“Looks nice,” her mother stood up and examined the dress. “Try it,” she said to Na Young.

Na Young took the dress and went to the fitting room. Her mind was filled with thoughts.

She went out as she dressed in the beautiful dress.

“It looks perfect,” the owner complimented.

“You look beautiful, my sweetheart,” her mother said as she touched her cheek. But, Na Young just couldn’t enjoy the compliment as her head was filled with thoughts. Her smile also was very insincere.

“Take this one, Mrs. Dawson. She looks perfect in it, so breathtaking,” the owner commented and persuaded her to buy the dress.

“I’ll take this one,” she agreed and gestured Na Young to go back into the fitting room to change again.

Na Young changed back her clothes and she saw her mother was doing the transaction at the counter, most probably was paying the dress. She handed the dress to the salesgirl, for it to be wrapped.

“Mother, what dinner?” she asked again as they headed out from the boutique.

“Let’s go home first. You must be tired,” she replied carelessly as she entered the car.

“I’m not tired,” she stated as she sat beside her mother. “Tell me,” she said, half commanding.

“You must have jetlag. Let’s go home, so my precious daughter can have some rest,” she said as the car was slowly starting its journey home.

“I demand an answer,” she strictly demanded.

The old lady sighed. “A dinner tonight, with the Williams,” she spilled the truth.

“And, why I have to attend? I have no relation whatsoever with Williams nor Dawson,” she replied as she could sense something bad.

“We’re going to meet them, they are bringing their son, so I’ll bring my daughter. That’s it,” the old lady explained.

“You’re being ambiguous. Tell me, so that I can get it crystal clear,” she forced, desperately.

The old lady stayed silent, not wanting to spill anything.

“I get it,” Na Young whispered. “You’re going to sell me off, just like what you did to Mia,” she assumed.

“No, it’s not like that,” she denied.

“The company has financial problems? Or you just want to joint venture with each other’s company? Or you want to open a new branch? Or you’re launching new company? New business?” she continued to guess.

“We just want you and Cedric to know each other,” she explained, holding Na Young’s hands.

“To marry me off, for the sake of company. I can tell, I knew it,” she claimed. “And, I actually thought you’ve changed for the better,” she continued.

Na Young sighed and released a heavy breath. “I don’t want to do it,” she muttered and yanked her hands off her mother’s.