Chapter 6

The Twin Couple

Chapter 6

As Yong Guk walked away from Young Jae and Na Young, he took out his phone and his fingers ran on the phone screen, typing.

To: Him Chan

We found her and Young Jae is talking to her. Before you ask, no, she’s not talking in English, she speak perfect Korean. Don’t come to level 2, just go back to the car park. Tell me where you park the car, we’ll go to you.

He sent the text and in a split second, he got the reply, which indicated that Him Chan received and fully understood his message.

“Hyung!” Young Jae shouted out, as he was half running to him from the behind. “What’s with the rush?” he asked as he tapped Yong Guk’s shoulder.

Yong Guk stopped his movement and put his cell phone into his pocket. “No, I’m not rushing. I’m looking for Him Chan,” he denied, as he cleared his throat.

“You can just text him,” Young Jae suggested.

“Oh yeah, sure,” he nodded. “Shall we go?” he said after Na Young approached them.

Yong Guk walked forward, avoiding Na Young’s gaze, trying hard to stay away from eye contact between him and her.

‘What’s wrong with this guy?’ Na Young asked herself. And she was right, something had went wrong. Yong Guk was unknowingly restless at her presence.

They walked to the car park level, where they can see Him Chan was waiting there, leaning on the car.

“Hey,” he cheerfully greeted. “This is Na Young?” he asked a pretty obvious question as they got closer to his car.

“Yeah,” Yong Guk nodded and took away Na Young’s luggage. “Open the bumper, will you?” he ordered Him Chan. Him Chan got into the car and pushed a button.

Yong Guk went to the bumper and put the luggage into it.

“Annyeong, you must be Him Chan,” Na Young greeted friendlily.

“Oh, you know me. But, you didn’t look like Ga Young’s doppelganger or something,” Him Chan said, while analyzing her face.

“They’re fraternal twin, aren’t identical,” Yong Guk explained as he came back to front, standing beside Na Young.

“Thank you. I thought I’m going to explain it again for third time,” Na Young thanked, flashing a smile to Yong Guk. Still, Yong Guk avoided her gaze.

“So, what’s the plan?” Young Jae asked, gaining a double-jerk eyebrow from Yong Guk. “I mean, where are we going to take Na Young nuna, exactly? She’s not staying with us, right?” Young Jae asked.

“Oh, yeah. What did Yong Nam told you again?” Him Chan asked Yong Guk, who seemed like he was looking of some kind of information in his cell phone.

“I don’t remember,” Yong Guk said, hesitantly.

“No worries, Ga Young told me that she already informed Sung Hee about me staying in her place,” Na Young claimed. “Maybe you guys should send me there?” she continued.

“Yeah, yeah, I think that’s the plan,” Yong Guk decided, clearing his throat.

“Hyung, you have sore throat or what? You’ve been doing that for a while,” Young Jae asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Yeah, are you okay, Yong Guk-ssi?” Na Young asked, concernly.

“Of course. Him Chan, let’s get going,” Yong Guk cleared them off and entered the car. He sat in the front passenger’s seat.

“Okay,” Him Chan awkwardly dragged his voice. “Let’s go,” he happily said then.

Young Jae took the back passenger’s seat, behind driver aka Him Chan’s seat. While Na Young seat behind Yong Guk.

Along the journey to Sung Hee’s place, Yong Guk was sneakily looking at Na Young through the side mirror. Na Young was too busy placing her eyes on the scenery to notice Yong Guk’s action.

Once in a while, Young Jae was talking, asking Na Young, which gained him a short but friendly answer and Him Chan, too, sometimes asked random things. Yong Guk was the only one who silently watched her expressions.

After an hour of driving, they arrived in a flat building, which Na Young believed to be Sung Hee’s home.

“I’ll call Sung Hee to come down here,” Him Chan said as he took out his cell phone.

He dialled a number and placed the phone near his left ear. After a moment of waiting, they all can hear a “hello” from his mouth.

“Sung Hee-ya, we’re here, in my car. You should come down here. Ga Young’s unnie is here,” he said. After that, they could hear sounds like “hmm” and “okay” before he ended the call.

“She’ll come down in a moment,” Him Chan informed everyone in the car.

After 5 minutes of waiting, a familiar figure appeared in front of the building. Sung Hee, who was coming out from the building, came running to the car, that was parked across the road.

Sung Hee knocked on the car’s window to indicate her presence. She smiled widely as Him Chan opened the car door.

“She’s here? Where is her?” she eagerly asked, while stretching her head, looking into the car.

Na Young got out from the car and was visible in front of Sung Hee. “Annyeong, Sung Hee,” she greeted with a smile.

“Omo, Ga Young was right, you have your father’s eyes,” Sung Hee said, looking deeply into Na Young’s brown eyes.

“Thank you,” Na Young thanked, half-whispering.

“Okay, where’s your stuff?” Sung Hee asked and earned a fairly big luggage from Yong Guk. “Thanks, Yong Guk,” she thanked. “Come on, dear. Follow me, we’re going to have great time together,” she continued as she placed her arm around Na Young’s neck, friendlily.

“I’m sure, we will,” Na Young replied and the girls headed into the building, leaving behind the guys.

“Aren’t you going to invite us in?” Him Chan asked, disappointedly. “Making tea for us or something,” he continued, pursuing his lips.

“I think you should go home, dude,” Sung Hee replied. “Bye, guys,” she shouted as she dragged Na Young with her.

The guys entered the car back and Him Chan started the engine while mumbling something about Sung Hee. Rude Sung Hee, chasing them away and refused to make tea for them. Inconsiderate Sung Hee, who didn’t care about him, who had been driving to here and there. He kept on whining about being the driver for the group and so on, along the journey back to their home. It was not like no one stopped his whining, but he was just unstoppable.