Chapter 9 : Endless Moment – The Concert Part 1

SS3 Trilogy: Curiosity

 

LeeYan’s POV

 

When the lights went out, LeeYan’s heart raised with excitement and had a flash back.

 

Just an hour ago the widescreen located on different parts of the stage kept on showing Sanuk’s CF, it showed the pictures of different Korean artists who endorsed the said footwear. Whenever Sungmin, Leeteuk and Heechul’s photos would be shown the crowd grows wild. LeeYan, Clare and Janine were seated at the right middle side facing the stage or left side if you’re on the stage.

 

 

LeeYan :               Sungmin looks so cute on that photo. I like him better though with his hair short.

 

Janine :                 I guess.

 

Clare :                  Janine, you can stay at this area (pertaining to the seat next to her), except when it’s time for A Man In Love. That is my moment to shine.

 

Janine :                 Huh? Uhm… Ok… But why?

 

LeeYan :               Because it is time the time that Siwon would remove his shirt.

 

Janine :                 Oh ok. By all means noona. You know, how afraid I am of Siwon abs.

 

Clare :                  Ahahaha! I know. Janine you seem bothered. Is there a problem? Are you ok?

 

Janine :                Uhm. Yes. It’s just that there’s a man on a robe from the side of the stage looking for something. I am just wondering if it is one of the boys.

 

LeeYan looked at the corner of the stage and saw the figure Janine was pertaining to. It was hard to make up who the person was. LeeYan can very well see that night as he had worn his glasses. He then saw the ring at the man’s pinky and he immediately knew who it was. He just smiled and thought to himself, “Is he really looking for me?”

 

LeeYan was excited; he kept on wondering if Sungmin would remember what they have talked about a few hours ago. He can’t do anything but hope, until his phone rang an hour before the concert.

 

Janine :                 (Shouts) It’s them. Their names are being called one at a time on the led screen.

 

LeeYan returned to the present time and shouted in unison with Janine, Clare just watched the stage amazed. Janine kept on taking videos and pictures. LeeYan also gave his camera to Janine, both him and Clare wanted to enjoy the show. Plus the fact that one of them might throw whatever they have on hand to the stage. LeeYan and Clare reviewed the set list they have researched.

 

 

 

 

“Will Sungmin be able to find me in the crowd? Araneta is pact with fangirls and fanboys. How can he possibly find me here?”

 

At that point Donghae was lifted from the middle of the stage, his god-like figure gave LeeYan the chills. When he was lowered the round led screen was lifted and presented the rest of the boys.

 

“Where is Sungmin?”

 

One by one the other boys popped up at the stage. Sungmin was nowhere near LeeYan’s side. He then saw what he was looking for at the other side of the stage.

 

 

LeeYan :               (Turns to Clare) Noona do you think Sungmin and Siwon will be able to find us here?

 

Clare :                   I hope so. But then again, the crowd is going wild, so it may be hard for them.

 

LeeYan :               And sadly Sungmin is on the other side of the stage.

 

At that point all the boys were already on the turning part of the stage. Sungmin looked so manly, he was not even smiling. LeeYan tried to brush off the thought that Sungmin will be able to find him so that he could enjoy the show, but he can’t. He was loosing hope when…

 

Janine :                 LeeYan oppa! He saw you?

 

Sungmin approached the corner where LeeYan was seated and sang his part while looking at him.

 

Clare :                  Happy now?

 

LeeYan :               I am still not sure if he saw me. I mean from the stage the lights would make it hard for them to see.

 

Clare :                   Whatever LeeYan.

 

“Did he really see me? Was he able to find me?” LeeYan blushed as he thought of the possibility.

After Sorry Sorry, Supergirl played and LeeYan saw that Henry was already with the boys.

 

LeeYan :               Now this is Yiuhan’s moment to shine.

 

Clare :                  So true. (Laughs together with LeeYan)

 

LeeYan tried to enjoy the show again until once again Sungmin pointed at his direction. Which made LeeYan once again blushed.

 

Clare :                  Do you need more confirmation than that?

 

LeeYan :               I guess not noona.

 

When the boys approached the frontmost part of the stage, Sungmin was followed by Kyuhyun. For some reason Sungmin moved away from Kyuhyun and advanced to where LeeYan and his friends were seated.

 

 

“OMG! He kept his promise.”

 

Janine :                 That was a KyuMin moment. What happened?

 

LeeYan just smiled upon hearing this comment.

 

After Supergirl, the boys performed one of LeeYan’s favorite dance videos, Don’t Don. At the latter part of the performance, Leeteuk removed his shirt polo shirt and showed off his shoulders then smiled at LeeYan, Clare and Janine.

 

Janine :                 Leeteuk oppa! (Turns to her friends) Did he just smiled at us?

 

LeeYan :               It’s hard to tell.

 

LeeYan smiled with all the possibilities that Janine was thinking. For some odd reason during Sungmin’s solo part of the song he glanced at LeeYan seriously.

 

LeeYan :               Sungmin!

 

Sungmin must have heard or saw LeeYan mouthed his name so he left the spot smiling. He then proceed to have his harness buckled up for the next lift with the pyrotechnic display.

 

“Sungmin looks really good up there. Be careful pumpkin. That was one fantastic performance. Heechul on drums and Henry with his violin. Woooaahhh!” LeeYan thought to himself.

 

 

Next song, No Other, LeeYan was already anticipating that he is not going to see Sungmin at this part up close, but he was excited to see the Sweet Pumpkin up in the air again. 

 

“An Angel and a Bunny up in the air. What a sight! This is all like a dream.” LeeYan watch with amazement as Leeteuk and Sungmin threw confetti while in harnessed in the air.

 

After  No Other, the boys sang Confession. The song was really funny and was very much anticipated by LeeYan, the song was originally in Chinese, some of the boys looked like giant turtles that made Janine smile. Towards the end of the song the boys were doing fan service. Sungmin went close to where LeeYan was seated and made cute gestures.

 

LeeYan :               (Looks at Clare) Noona, Siwon is looking at you.

 

Clare smiled and just nodded. When Siwon turned his back Sungmin hit Siwon’s chin with his head. The site was cute but not for Clare.

 

Clare :                   (Stares darkly at LeeYan) YAH! Tell Sungmin to be careful.

 

LeeYan :               I will noona, if I still have the chance to. Well, if you think about it, Sungmin might have been hurt badly as well, that’s Siwon’s sharp chin that he hit. (Burst out laughing)

 

Clare tried to hide it but the thought was really funny.

 

The song was followed by Good Person, then Rokugo. For this song as a fan service the 5 boys from SJ T exercised while performing the song. “That was hilarious.”

 

 

 

Sungmin looked so cute on the next performance, It was Ryeowook’s solo, One Fine Spring.  The two were on a turning stage Sungmin plays the guitar and whenever he has the opportunity he would glance at the audience and would smile at them.

 

“Sungmin can play the guitar really well.” Because of the slow song LeeYan was hit by the fact that this may be the last day that he is able to see the Boy in the Pink Hoodie.

 

The song was followed by I Wanna Love You  by EunHae, then New Endless Love,  Kyuhyun’s Solo. LeeYan was watching the show when he received a message.

 

 

 

Sungmin didn’t reply anymore.

 

Clare :                  Pumpkin?

 

LeeYan :               Yup!

 

Clare :                  You guys are so cheesy.

 

Then the song played and Sungmin went out of the stage and performed If You Leave.

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

“LeeYan is here already. I hope I am able to find him right away. He told me they are at the VVIP section, I tried looking for them earlier but was not able to.”

 

Sungmin went to his position where he will be entering the stage. Their name were called he can hear the fans cheering. He promised himself this concert will be different from their last.

 

“I will no longer look for how many fans would be cheering for me, I am just going to look for one in particular.”

 

The song Sorry Sorry played, then Sungmin went to his post in the stage.

 

“Where are you? Are you on this side or the other.”

 

The boys performed their song. Sungmin was seriously trying his best to look for LeeYan, he was keeping his cool so that he won’t miss any parts of the song as well.

 

Towards the end part of the song before his solo part Sungmin saw a girl wearing a “Listen Girl” shirt and beside her was a guy wearing a black VNeck shirt and a girl wearing  a white loose shirt. Both of them have the same print. Sungmin then approached that side of the stage for confirmation just int time for their next post change.

 

“I need to find a way to let you know that I’ve seen you already.”

 

Before the dance break, Sungmin sang his part of the song looking directly at LeeYan.

 

 

“Gotcha!”

 

Janine :                 (Shouting) LeeYan oppa! He saw you?

 

Sungmin saw Janine’e expression and was very much pleased.  During the dance break Sungmin was kneeling exactly at the corner where his friend is seated, he kept on glancing towards that direction to give assurance that he indeed kept his promise.

 

After Sorry Sorry, Supergirl was played. Sungmin saw LeeYan singing through the song which gave him an idea. He once again approached that side of the stage and pointed at LeeYan.

 

“I told you I would find you.”

 

When the boys approached the frontmost part of the stage, Sungmin was followed by Kyuhyun. Sungmin moved away from Kyuhyun and advanced to where LeeYan and his friends were seated.

 

“Sorry Kyu, Got to keep my promise. I just hope the fans won’t be mad. No KyuMin moment for now.” Sungmin thought to himself. Sungmin saw LeeYan smiled and he knew that he recognized the gesture that he just made.

 

After Supergirl, the boys performed Don’t Don.

 

Sungmin was on the opposite side of the stage during the start of the song. He saw Yiuhan from the crowd. He was about to point ImJustABoy to her but it was time to switch places.

 

Sungmin saw LeeYan’s shirt and recognized that indeed there was a picture of him and Leeteuk at LeeYan’s right arm. At this moment LeeTeuk removed his polo shirt and showed off his shoulders. Sungmin saw that he was looking towards LeeYan and his friends, and Leeteuk gave them a big smile showing off his dimple. He saw LeeYan smiled back at his hyung.

 

“What the? Did LeeYan just smiled back at Su hyung?”

 

He gave LeeYan a very suspicious. He was very serious, it’s bad enough that Leeteuk also has a picture on his shirt but to smile back at him. Suddenly he saw LeeYan looking at his direction and shouting.

 

LeeYan :               Sungmin!

 

Sungmin saw LeeYan mouthed his name so he left the spot smiling. He then proceed to have his harness buckled up for the next lift with the pyrotechnic display.

 

“He smiled and called out my name. I suppose he is just being polite with Su hyung. I guess Janine is right, the 83 line really has a connection.”

 

When the song finished, Sungmin and Leeteuk went down to have their harness buckled for their No Other performance.

 

“Too bad I am on the other side of the stage.”

 

Leeteuk :             Sungmin-ah are you ok?

 

Sungmin :            Yes! Did you see them?

 

Leeteuk :             Them who?

 

Sungmin :            LeeYan and his friends.

 

Leeteuk :             Yes I did. He was cheering for you the whole time.

 

Sungmin :            You think?

 

Leeteuk :             I don’t… I know it.

 

Then Sungmin and Leeteuk were lifted and they threw confetti while pretending to fly.

 

 

The next song was an upbeat song. It was originally part of the SJ M album but they have also recorded it in Korean, Confession.

 

“I need to give back to the fans. Fan service is something that LeeYan is really fond of, I’ll show more of it this time.”

 

Some of the boys looked like giant turtles because of the cloak they were wearing. Towards the end of the song the boys did a lot of fan service. Sungmin went close to where LeeYan was seated and made cute gestures. He was like playing peek-a-boo with the audience. Sungmin saw Siwon looking at Clare and he then turned to the same direction to show his cuteness to LeeYan. When Siwon turned around Sungmin hit his chin which definitely showed that he was hurt.

 

 

Sungmin :            Are you ok?

 

Siwon :                Yes. I am. Clare looks stunning tonight, doesn’t she?

 

Sungmin :            She does look cute tonight. And I saw her jacket earlier. Waaahhh…

 

Siwon :                What about it?

 

Sungmin :            Didn’t you see it? It has your picture at the back.

 

The song was followed by Good Person, thne Rokugo. For this song as a fan service the 5 boys from SJ T exercised while performing the song.

 

Next song, One Fine Spring, Sungmin is now wearing black pants and a white shirt topped with a vest.

 

“Finally, something more comfortable. I’ll be serious in playing my guitar I don’t want to mess up Wookie’s performance.” Sungmin thought to himself.

 

When the stage turned Sungmin gave a quick glance at LeeYan.

 

 

“Why does he look so sad?”

 

The song was followed by I Wanna Love You  by EunHae, then New Endless Love,  Kyuhyun’s Solo. Since Sungmin changed to his next outfit after Wookie’s solo. When his make up was being retouched he took out his phone and texted LeeYan.

 

 

 

 

Stage manager :               Sungmin! Be ready in five.

 

Then the song played and Sungmin went out of the stage and performed If You Leave.