Chapter 4 : Food, Confession, Friends...

SS3 Trilogy: Curiosity

Back the at the hotel

 

Sungmin was holding his mobile phone. The respond he got was a bit cold. He got a bit upset and just threw himself to bed. After a few minutes he received another text message. 

 

"I'm on my way to meet my friends now, sorry I was in a hurry. I am so dead... Hehehe... But it was all worth it. Just send me an sms. I'll be waiting. Have a good rest, Prince of Aegyo."

 

Sungmin smiled after reading the message. He once again tried to take a nap, but set the alarm to 10PM...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeeYan arrived at DongWon around 8:30ish.

 

 

Yiuhan, Janine and Jaja were already having their usual SamGeupSal, Bibimbap and Fried dumplings for dinner.  Yiuhan was enjoying the side dishes bean sprouts and sardines, Janine was trying her best to use her chopsticks to eat her fried dumplings and Jaja was looking for some inside her bag when LeeYan entered the restaurant.

 

LeeYan :              Hey guys, sorry I was late. By the way, I already texted Clare noona. I guess she’ll be here in a few minutes. She just needed to do some errands.

 

Janine :                What errands? This weekend is supposed to be for Super Junior.

 

LeeYan :               Janine, you don’t understand when duty calls, you need to be there. Am I right Jaja?

 

Jaja :                   Huh? What?

 

LeeYan :               What in the world are you searching for inside your precious bag?

 

Yiuhan :                She’s looking for her wallet. She is sure that she brought it with her but now it’s gone.

 

LeeYan :               Again?

 

Jaja :                    Ah! Found it. See, I told you I have it here somewhere.

 

“Ahahahaha!” The group laughed in unison. Then Yiuhan turned to LeeYan.

 

Yiuhan :                What took you so long? I thought you’re just going to buy cigarettes? And where is my strawberry milk?

 

Janine :                 And my chocopie?

 

 

LeeYan thought for a moment. He can’t say to his friends where he really was. Well, he actually can but not at that very moment.

 

 

LeeYan :               Well, there was a sale and I couldn’t help myself to window shop. I’ll buy you both those stuff later after dinner. And Jaja, don’t ask me about your toothbrush.

 

 

Jaja :                    That’s it? Then why can’t you wipe that smile off your face.

 

 

Yiuhan was about to say something when Clare entered the restaurant.

 

 

LeeYan :               Noona, you’re here. Were you able to finish everything? I hope you enjoyed your “COFFEE”. I saw earlier with a client or something so I just texted you instead of calling.

 

 

LeeYan and Clare shared a connection that even their eyes can understand each other.

 

 

Clare :                 Client? Oh yeah. It was a bit terrifying. But I was able to get through it. My, was that client hott.

 

LeeYan :               I know, I saw you two earlier.

 

Yiuhan :               Hello! Martians?

 

LeeYan :               Sorry, well, I’ll just have some dumplings, I am not that hungry anyway.

 

Clare :                  Me too. I might as well have a couple of SamGeupSal.

 

Jaja :                    Hey! Does that mean we are not going to split the bill equally.

 

 

Clare and LeeYan laughed. “Ahahahaha!”

 

 

LeeYan :               Of course we are silly.

 

Clare :                  Right!

 

 

The five of them were having dinner when LeeYan’s phone rang. Janine and Clare who were sitting beside him saw that it was an overseas number. LeeYan immediately cancelled the call.

 

 

Janine :                Hey! Is Jay calling you again?

 

LeeYan :               Nope. It’s just a friend. I guess he thought dinner’s over.

 

 

Clare who saw the call recognized that it was a Korean phone number. She looked at LeeYan with questioning eyes.

 

 

LeeYan tried to avoid that look but failed.

 

 

LeeYan :               Noona, can you come with me, I need to get some cash from the ATM?

 

Clare :                  Let’s go.  I needed to get some as well.

 

Jaja :                    Why don’t we do it later. I’ll just pay for dinner and then you can pay me later.

 

LeeYan :               Are you sure about that?

 

Jaja :                    On second thought, go ahead. We’ll wait for you.

 

 

At DongWon :

 

 

Yiuhan :                I think those two are hiding something from us.

 

Janine :                 Like what?

 

Yiuhan :                I just have this feeling that they are doing  something unusual.

 

Jaja :                    Yiuhan, coming from you that didn’t sound good.

 

Janine :                 Ahahaha! I’m sure they would share it with us if there is.

 

Yiuhan :                 I guess you’re right.

 

 

At the ATM :      

 

 

 

LeeYan’s phone rang again. He answered the call this time and it was Sungmin.

 

 

LeeYan :               Hi! Sorry about earlier. Why are you still up? I thought you’ll have a quick nap.

 

Sungmin :            Siwon just arrived and was singing non-stop.

 

LeeYan :               Ahahaha!

 

Sungmin :            Why are you laughing?

 

LeeYan :               Clare is with me right now. Remember those two people I was looking at earlier at the café?

 

Sungmin :             No way. That was them?

 

LeeYan :               Yup!

 

Clare :                  Who in the world are you talking to? And, that person knows who I am? Is that a friend of ours?

 

LeeYan :               Uhm, Pumpkin can I call you in a few minutes? I just need to talk to Clare for a bit.

 

Sungmin :            Ahhaha! Good one. Ok. But if I don’t answer, I am probably already asleep.

 

LeeYan :              Sure thing. You need to rest. Have a good one and sweet dreams.

 

Sungmin :           Thanks and I know I will have one.

 

 

LeeYan hang up the phone. And turned to Clare.

 

Clare:                  Pumpkin? New boy? Ahahaha! So Sungmin. By the way, what did you saw earlier? And where have you been?

 

LeeYan:               Uhm… I’ll answer them one by one. No. It is. And you and Siwon.

 

Clare :                  I don’t get it.

 

LeeYan :               OK.

                           No! It’s not a new boy.

                           Yes! It was Sungmin.

                           And I saw you and Siwon at Starbucks this afternoon.

 

 

Clare :                  What the…

 

LeeYan :               We have plenty of time to talk about it later. Right now we need to go back. I am sure they are now looking for us.

 

Clare :                  Uhm. Ok?

 

LeeYan :               I want to hear the details. And I’ll tell you mine as well later.

 

Clare :                  I guess both of us are keeping something from them.

 

LeeYan :               I know. We are so bad.

 

Clare :                  I love it.

 

 

The two then went back inside the restaurant. Little do they know Yiuhan was also having a cyber moment of her own.

 

 

After dinner the five went to Wang Mart for some ice cream and strawberry milk.

 

 

At Wang Mart

 

 

Yiuhan :               Miss, don't you have any strawberry milk?

 

Store Attendant : I am sorry to inform you, but we do not have any left.

 

Yiuhan :               Oh! Ok.

 

Yiuhan then turned to LeeYan.

 

LeeYan :              What?

 

Yiuhan :               That's weird.

 

LeeYan :              What is?

 

Yiuhan :               Well, we've been going to this store almost everyweek and this is the first time that they have run out of strawberry milk.

 

LeeYan :              Dude this is a convenience store, it's bound to happen at one some point.

 

Yiuhan :               Well I guess you're right. It's just that, this is the first time...

 

LeeYan :               There's always a first time for everything.

 

Yiuhan :               Ok Ok! No need to be sarcastic about it.

 

LeeYan :               Ahahaha! Are we good? Let's go back to the hotel now.

 

Janine :                Yup! Aja!

 

 

 They went back to the hotel a little before 10PM. Clare was busy texting.  Janine was watching videos on LeeYan’s phone. Jaja went to bed after dinner. LeeYan was surfing the net and was looking for updates.

 

Yiuhan :               Hey LeeYan, can you wake me up if we have any plans for tonight. I’ll just take a shower and have a quick nap.

 

LeeYan :               Sure dear.

 

Yiuhan :                And if in case I am not able to come, can I just use your PC? I guess the boys are already asleep, no more stalking for tonight. I’ll just finish up some reports.

 

LeeYan  :              Work? Well ok.

 

Yiuhan :                Thanks!

 

 

Everyone were busy doing their own thing when Leeyan shouted.

 

 

LeeYan :               There’s an update on Leeteuk’s twitter  posted an hour ago!

 

Everyone gathered around LeeYan and saw the update.

 

 

Yiuhan :               The boys had pizza and Nova for dinner!

 

LeeYan :               And look, strawberry milk.

 

Clare :                  I am suddenly craving for pizza.

 

LeeYan :               Let’s order then.

 

Janine :                 Dear God more food.

 

Jaja :                    As if you don’t like it.

 

Janine :                 Nope! I love it.

 

 

LeeYan called the pizza place and ordered 2 party size pizzas. The pizza arrived around 11PM. It was a hefty meal and LeeYan suddenly needed to smoke.  He was about to go down when he received a text message.

 

“2nd floor in a few minutes.”