Chapter 3 (Chance Encounter 2 : More Than Words)

SS3 Trilogy: Curiosity

LeeYan was still speechless from what had happened, he saw a couple of people whispering and wondering who the boy he was talking to was. He thought, maybe some of the fangirls might have recognized Sungmin. He then went to Starbuck 6750, crossed to UCC Coffee shop, then went back to the curve of The Makati Shangri-La drop off so that he can dodge who ever might follow him. He reached the curve just in time, a black Hyundai flashed its headlights.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

LeeYan got in the black Hyundai car right away to avoid people from seeing him. He took the front seat next to the person driving the car. He was feeling uncomfortable, not being he is afraid of the stranger next to him, but because he is trying to control himself, he doesn’t want to go gaga because of Sungmin.

 

Sungmin :            Hi! Sorry for the delay. I needed to change my clothes into something unrecognizable.

 

LeeYan :               It’s ok. I just arrived as well actually. Some people were looking at me when you left so I needed to distract them and go around somewhere else for a few minutes.

 

Sungmin :            Good thinking. Now where are we headed.

 

LeeYan :               Turn right at that corner, then right again, once you see Mandarin Hotel right again.

 

Sungmin :            Uhm, ok? Ahahaha! You’re talking Martian, I don’t know where Mandarin Hotel is.

 

LeeYan :               Oh Yeah! Sorry! I am such a dummy. I’ll give you the directions, just drive.

 

Sungmin :             Ahahaha! No, you’re not. OK. Aja!

 

There was silence for a few minutes, LeeYan just kept on giving Sungmin the directions but no conversation  is going on.

 

Sungmin :            Are you ok? You seem uncomfortable. Are you afraid of a Korean stranger?

 

LeeYan just nodded.

 

Breathe in breathe out…

 

Sungmin :            Are you sure?

 

LeeYan :              Yes! I just can’t believe that I am able to meet you. I thought this is an impossible thing to happen. By the way, me, afraid of you? If there’s a person who should be afraid here, it’s should be you. I know my way around here.

 

Sungmin was surprised but what he heard. He almost pulled over in the middle of Buendia flyover.

 

LeeYan :              I was just kidding. I am not that kind of person. I just wanted to control my emotions. Remember I am one of your biggest fans.

 

Sungmin :           Hahaha! Then, I guess it’s ok. 

 

LeeYan :              Don’t worry I am a good person. (winks)

 

When they reached the area, Sungmin looked for a place to park the car; he was amazed how much Korean people there were.

 

Sungmin :            Uhm. LeeYan do you think this is a safe place for me to go to. I mean there are many Korean people here.

 

LeeYan :               Don’t worry, the area where the store is, is kind of secluded. Not many people go there.

 

Sungmin :            Ok then, You know this area better than me. I’ll take your word for it.

 

Sungmin and LeeYan arrived at Burgos Circle a little past 6PM. There was no traffic. Sungmin smiled when he saw the store.

 

LeeYan :              Here we are.

 

Sungmin :            Woaahhh! Not only do you guys have a pink store, the coffee shop and the pet shop beside it are also painted pink.

 

LeeYan :              Yup! I knew you’d like it.

 

Sungmin :            Yes I do.

 

Sungmin just bought a few things, and LeeYan bought them Iced tea from the coffee shop near by. They didn’t have much time to shop. LeeYan was afraid that someone might actually recognize Sungmin.

 

 

LeeYan :              We better head back. Someone might recognize you.

 

Sungmin :            But there are not too much people here.

 

LeeYan :               For now. It’s Friday night people would be arriving soon to go out. Why don’t we take our drinks and talk in the car.

 

Sungmin :            Sounds like a plan.

 

When the two got into the car LeeYan’s phone rang.

 

LeeYan :               Hi Clare! Oh You’ll be late for dinner? I will be too. I need to accompany a friend for a few more hours. I’ll meet you guys there. Tell Yiuhan and Janine, I’ll bring their chocopie and strawberry milk later.

 

Sungmin overheard their conversation, he was surprised and speechless.

 

LeeYan turned to Sungmin.

 

LeeYan :               Sorry about that.

                           What? (He asked when he saw the expression on Sungmin’s face)

 

Sungmin :            Nothing. I was just surprised. Thank you by the way for not telling your friend that I am with you, and for introducing me as a friend as well.

 

LeeYan :               Well, I guess you are kind of my friend now. Hehehe! By the way, why were you surprised?

 

Sungmin :            Well, I have been reading some of fictional stories online about us. And well, those names sounded familiar. Come to think of it, your name is familiar too.

 

LeeYan :              Really? In what way?

 

Sungmin :            I have read this story where Su hyung and I were the starring. The author has the same name as you are.

 

LeeYan :              What’s the story about?

 

Sungmin :            It’s actually a story of us, but in a different light.  The author was kind of brutal. He actually killed Hankyung in his story and I am still not sure if I will make it in his story or not.

 

Hearing this LeeYan thought of his other story Decision but didn’t want to say anything about it yet.

 

LeeYan :              Probably because Hankyung left the group that’s why his character was removed from the story.

 

Sungmin :            I guess. Wait a minute, how did you came up with that?

 

LeeYan :              Just a guess. And what about my friends?

 

Sungmin :            Well, there’s this another story about a group of girls. The authors have the same name as your friends.

 

LeeYan :              And?

 

Sungmin :            Nothing.

 

LeeYan :              What if I tell you that you are right? I am the author of that story and Yiuhan and Clare are the authors of Sisterhood of the Abs Lovers?

 

Sungmin was taken aback.

 

Sungmin :            Really? Then the character of Billie is…?

 

LeeYan :               Yiuhan!

 

Sungmin :            Woaaaahhh… Do you have a picture of her?  How about Clare or should I call her Cho SiHae?

 

LeeYan :               Ahahaha! Yup! I have our pictures here.

 

LeeYan showed Sungmin his pictures together with his friends.

 

LeeYan :               You might probably see her at the SVIP section during the concert. We are not seated together. I’ll be with Clare at the VVIP section.

 

Sungmin :            Hahahaha! Now I know how both of them like. Maybe I will see them tomorrow night.

 

For some odd reason LeeYan felt sad and it showed in his face. Sungmin caught a glimpse of it and smiled at the other.

 

Sungmin :            Don’t worry I’ll look for you from the crowd.

 

LeeYan :               Thanks! We should go back to the hotel now. I would invite you for dinner but you guys might have plans. Plus, coming from Taiwan, I know you also want to rest.

 

Sungmin :            Yeah. I am a bit tired. Let’s go back. Thanks for today. Some of us might do something tonight. Would you like to come with?

 

LeeYan :               Really? For real? Sure! Just give me a ring. Here’s my number.

 

Sungmin :            Ok. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone about you guys, I mean about your stories, just like you not telling anyone about me, I mean my whereabouts.

 

Leeyan :               Thank you.

 

Sungmin and LeeYan exchanged numbers and drove back to the hotel.

 

On their way back, Sungmin felt happy that he now knows how the authors of the stories he has been reading look like. But for some reason he can’t get out of his head the thought of LeeYan being sad when Billie’s name was mentioned. What is this he is feeling?

 

LeeYan was quiet the whole way back to the hotel. He was glad that he was able to make Sungmin happy in his own little way. He really likes it when he is able to bring joy to the people around him. But why is it that he doesn’t want the night to end with Sungmin?

 

They were almost at the hotel.

 

LeeYan :               I think it would be better if you drop me off somewhere near the hotel.

 

Sungmin :            Are you sure? Why?

 

LeeYan :               So that you can use the service elevator to avoid people from recognizing you.

 

Sungmin :            Is it ok with you?

 

LeeYan :              Of course.

 

Sungmin :            I’ll send you a message later or I’ll call you ok?

 

LeeYan :              Really? I mean, sure.

 

On their way back LeeYan saw Clare and Siwon at the coffee shop near the hotel. LeeYan then understood why Clare would be late for dinner. He just smiled happily for his friend and turned to Sungmin who was driving the car; Sungmin caught his glance and smiled at him. 

 

For some odd reason both of them felt something that more than words can describe, there was a connection between them that was unexplainable.

 

When LeeYan reached his room he immeadiately received a text message.

 

"Leeyan thank you so much for today. I am kind of tired and might take a quick nap. Call or text you in a few. Have a great dinner with your friends."

 

LeeYan replied enthusialtially, his hand was shaking and didn't know how to respond, so he just replied with his usual text just to make it sound casual.

 

"No prob. Have a good rest. Talk to you soon."

 

LeeYan recieved another text message, he read the message in the hopes that it was from Sungmin.

 

"Oppa, where the hell are you. We've been waiting for you since 630PM. The food is getting cold. And have you seen Clare Unnie?" ~Janine

 

LeeYan then remembered that he was late for dinner. He quickly grabbed his camera, went down to the lobby and hailed a cab. On his way to the restaurant he sent 2 text messages.

 

"Noona, DINNER! I know who you're with. Let's talk later."

 

He had a hard time composing the second message but had thought of something good to say to the recepient.

 

Back the at the hotel

 

Sungmin was holding his mobile phone. The respond he got was a bit cold. He got a bit upset and just threw himself to bed. After a few minutes he received another text message. 

 

"I'm on my way to meet my friends now, sorry I was in a hurry. I am so dead... Hehehe... But it was all worth it. Just send me an sms. I'll be waiting. Have a good rest, Prince of Aegyo."

 

Sungmin smiled after reading the message. He once again tried to take a nap, but set the alarm to 10PM...