Chapter 10 : Endless Moment – The Concert Part 2 (Reality Check)

SS3 Trilogy: Curiosity

 

Then the song played and Sungmin went out of the stage and performed If You Leave.
 

LeeYan’s POV
 

“Sungmin looks so amazing upstage.  I can’t believe that in a span of more than 24 hours I’ve turned from a mere fan to a boy who falls for a star.”


  

 

 

Clare :                  Yah! What’s with you?  Sungmin doesn’t look like a boy up there and you are spacing out?
 

LeeYan :               Uh-huh? Nothing noona. I just remembered something. Sungmin looks so damn good doesn’t he.
 

Clare :                  Well, yeah. But not as good as Siwon though.
 

LeeYan :               Yeah right noona. (Smiles at Clare)
 

“Yeah, Sungmin looks so good up there. He belongs there. The stage actually suits him.”
 

Janine :                 Oppa, Sungmin didn’t his shirt all the way, unlike the other shows. Are you ok? That girl seemed to have enjoyed the performance.
 

LeeYan :               As you have said Janine, it is a performance.
 

“He kept it to a minimum. A man who keeps his promises, how can you not fall for him?”
 

The song was followed by Looking for the Day, Siwon’s solo.

 
LeeYan :               Ahahaha!

 
Janine :                LeeYan oppa, what is so funny?

 
LeeYan :               (Points at Clare) Look. Noona and Siwon are having a duet. For some reason, it 
seems like she is the only person who is actually singing along.

 

Janine :                 Ahahaha! So true.

 


 

 

Clare:                    What?!?!
 

Janine:                  You just had a duet with Siwon, unnie! You were probably the only one who knew the lyrics to that song by heart!
 

Clare:                    I have the CD!
 

LeeYan:                 Evil Cho-SiHae listening to Gospel music! Will wonders never cease?
 

Clare:                    Well, what’s the use of shelling out 600 of my hard-earned pesos if I won’t listen to the CD?
 

LeeYan:                 Admit it..You’re cheesy, too!
 

Clare:                    Shut up!!!
 

While I focus on watching the show again after Siwon and Clare’s duet,, my phone suddenly buzzed and a text message came in.
 

 

    


 

Suddenly my phone rang.
 

LeeYan :              Yes? I can barely hear you.
 

Sungmin :            Did you just call me baby?
 

LeeYan  :             Uhm… No! (Confused) What made you ask?
 

Sungmin :            That is what your message read.
 

LeeYan :              Oh! I was asking if the next song is Baby… I don’t like Bieber.
 

Sungmin :            Ahhahaha. Not yet, there’s a surprise awaiting the Filipino ELFs. And you don’t like Baby… (Sungmin was cut off)
 

 
….. :                    Hyung! What is so bad about the song?
 

LeeYan :               Who is this?

 
Henry :                 It’s me Henry.
 

LeeYan :               Oh! Hi! I just don’t like Bieber. Ahahaha.
 

Henry :                That’s too bad. But I hope you’ll enjoy my performance.
 

LeeYan :               I’ll try. Ahahaha.
 

Sungmin :            What did he tell you? And why is he smiling.
 

LeeYan :               It’s about the song he’s going to perform. Nothing special. The song is almost up. I want to see the surprise. Let’s talk later.
 

Sungmin :            Ok. I’ll see you later?
 

LeeYan :               Can’t wait. (Hangs up)
 

“Baby? Why would I call you baby when I can call you My Sweet Pumpkin.”
 

Next performance Down , Eunhyuk’s solo.
 

Janine :                OMG! This is so unexpected oppa.

 


 

 

LeeYan :               I know, this is such a surprise. Yiuhan, for sure is going gaga right now.
 

Clare :                  Ahahaha! If you see flying undies on the stage, you know who it belongs to.
 

Clare, Janine and LeeYan laughed in unison.

 

Next song, Baby, Henry’s solo. LeeYan and Clare were really not into the Bieber fever.
 

“Baby baby baby oh. I thought you’d always be mine.”

 

 

Clare :                  OMG! We actually know the lyrics of the song.
 

LeeYan :               I know. Now I found a new way of appreciating this song.
 

Before the song ended, I texted Sungmin.
 


 

I was not expecting any reply when…
  

  


 

EunHae appeared on stage with their hands entwined with each other.
 

LeeYan :               Ahahaha! Somebody’s mad.
 

Clare :                  I know. Ahahaha.

 
LeeYan :               But I guess, she is still hooked into finding out who ImJustABoy is. If only she 
knew.

 

Clare:                   Ahahaha.. I know. Wooaaah.. Another Eunhae moment.
 

Janine :                OMG! Unnie Hyuk just kissed Hae’s hand. (Giggles)
 

The boys were having so much fun on stage. During the latter part of the song Clare and
Janine were shocked by my next statement.

 

 

LeeYan :               What the F… That stupid BOY!
 

Clare :                  Huh who?
 

LeeYan :               Donghae just pulled Sungmin’s bowtie. I hope he is not hurt.
 

Clare :                  Woooaaahhh… And you still deny that you like him that much.
 

Janine :                He never denied it. Did you?
 

LeeYan :               I never did.  And will never will.
 

Clare :                  Then why are you thinking negative thoughts. I saw you earlier I know something is bothering you.
 

LeeYan:                 (Leani​ng over to whisper at Clare) Oh my God, Sungmin is so…geez, noona, you smell nice!
 

Clare:                    Thanks!

 

Janine:                  (Taking her eyes off the stage) Unnie! You’re wearing his Yonsei jacket!
 

LeeYan :               Let’s just talk about it later.
 

The end of the song was so hilarious, the younger boys played with their Teukie hyung by placing their microphones on different parts of his body.
 

Next Song You and I. Sungmin is wearing a more comfortable outfit now, brown pants, white shirt and a blue vest. He skipped happily while going around greeting their fans. “He is so near and yet…” He then passed through our area and gave me a big smile. I smiled back but am still thinking about the end.

 
The song was followed by Oh My Goddess – TRAX and Lady Hee & Single Ladies (Shindong, Donghae, Eunhyuk). The performance was hilarious, but as every song ends, I can’t help but feel worry and sadness.
 

 

Shake it up and Twins followed. Janine, somehow felt that my energy level is decreasing although I am still singing along with the song.
 

Janine :                 What wrong Oppa?
 

LeeYan :                Just a bit a tired.

 

 
Sungmin’s POV
 

I focused on my solo, I tried my best not to disappoint the fans, but most of all I tried not to disappoint LeeYan. I was in the middle of the stage so I cannot see his reaction. Right after my performance, I texted LeeYan to ask how my performance was.
 

 

 

Did he just call me baby? My heart jumped in excitement. I know it would be hard for him to hear me from the crowd but I need to talk to him.
 

LeeYan :              Yes? I can barely hear you.
 

Sungmin :            Did you just call me baby?
 

LeeYan  :             Uhm… No! What made you ask?
 

Sungmin :            That is what your message read.
 

LeeYan :              Oh! I was asking if the next song is Baby… I don’t like Bieber.
 

Sungmin :            Ahhahaha. Not yet, there’s a surprise awaiting the Filipino ELFs. And you don’t like Baby…  
 

Henry snatched the phone from me. I was speechless with what my dongsaeng did, but I can’t help but smile. I was a bit disappointed because I really thought LeeYan actually called me baby.
 

Henry and LeeYan’s conversation is taking a bit long, I snatched the phone from Henry.
 

Sungmin :            What did he tell you? And why is he smiling.
 

LeeYan :               It’s about the song he’s going to perform. Nothing special. The song is almost up. I want to see the surprise. Let’s talk later.
 

Sungmin :            Ok. I’ll see you later?
 

LeeYan :              Can’t wait. (Hangs up)
 

“If only you know how much I want to see you up close LeeYan.”
 

Down was performed by Eunhyuk and Baby was performed by Henry. I watched LeeYan from the crowd, he was singing along with the song. He was exchanging comments with Clare noona. “How I wish that is me you are whispering to.”

 
Before the song ended my phone vibrated and I received a text message.
 


 

It took me some time to reply since I was having my make up done.


 


  

 

Towards the end of the song Donghae pulled my necktie, which hurt me a bit. I was still smiling and just looked at LeeYan, to lessen the pain. I saw him glaring at Donghae like he wants to strangle him. I giggled a bit, I know he saw what he has done. “He’s concern about me.” I thought to myself.
 

During the next song, You and I, I have the chance to come near LeeYan again. As I passed though his area I gave him a big smile, he smiled back at me but there was something different about it. I need to focus, “I’ll talk to LeeYan after the show.”

 

 

I think LeeYan has something in mind and I want him to enjoy the rest of the show. I am a bit tired, but for the ELFs I can endure it.

 

 

As we went backstage I saw Siwon holding something in his hands.
 
 

Sungmin:             Siwon, you don't wear those kind of… Wait… I know that jacket… You!

 
Siwon:                 One clue eliminated.
 

I took my phone out to call LeeYan but it was time for the next number.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 For all my fellow KyuMin shippers Check out my KyuMin fic : What If