Chapter 2 : Chance Encounter 1 (Pink Hoodie)

SS3 Trilogy: Curiosity

 

LeeYan and Clare checked in the hotel around 1 in the afternoon, while Shinyiuhan and Janine went to the SuJu fiesta to buy their light sticks;  Jaja needed to go home for some last minute packing.  For some odd reason, Clare had been in cloud 9 since that morning, but LeeYan barely paid attention to it. His main goal that weekend was to enjoy the show and to have fun with his friends stalking Super Junior.

 

LeeYan was bored, he needed to go out. Jaja, Yiuhan and Janine were busy watching SS3 from his laptop. He needed to smoke and to have a quick walk. LeeYan loves to have long walks to clear up his head.

 

LeeYan :               Clare do you want to come with me?

 

Clare :                   Uh… Huh? What’s that?

 

LeeYan :               Come on, all you did today was text on you mobile phone. And by the way why do you keep on giggling every now and then? New boy huh? Tsk tsk… This weekend is for the boys, Siwon, specifically for you.

 

Clare :                   New boy? Maybe? Go ahead, I think I might take a nap in a few minutes. Be back by 7PM though so that we can have dinner… That is… If my plans won’t change.

 

LeeYan :               Plans? You made other plans?

 

Clare :                   Still not sure though.

 

LeeYan :               Fine! Anybody want anything? I’ll be leaving in a few minutes.

 

Yiuhan :                Get me strawberry milk!

 

Janine :                 I want choco pie!

 

Jaja :                    Dear God! I forgot to bring my toothbrush, LeeYan can you buy me one. Thanks!

 

LeeYan :               Uhm… Jaja, remember were staying at Makati Shang, I think you can ask one from the housekeeping.

 

Jaja :                    Oh yeah! Sorry!

 

LeeYan :               It’s ok were so used to it by now… Umma.

 

Everyone laughed in unison and then Leeyan called the front desk to ask for another copy of their keycard, just in case he comes back later than expected.

 

LeeYan went down to the lobby around 5:30 in the afternoon to ask for another copy of their keycard and to go out and buy some cigarettes.  He asked the lady from the front desk for it and informed her that he was the one who called a few minutes ago.

 

LeeYan :           Miss I called in a few minutes ago for a copy of our keycard. I’m Staying at room no…

 

Receptionist :    Sir, can you wait for a few minutes, I just need to assist him first.

 

The receptionist was pertaining to the man in the pink hoodie. LeeYan just waited, and not to eavesdrop, he overheard the lady from the front desk, informing the boy in front of him, that she can barely understand him, LeeYan then offered assistance, the guy was Korean and since he knew the basics he offered to help.

 

He was looking at his celphone waiting for a text message from his friend so he did not notice who the guy was.

 

Conversation was in Hangul

 

LeeYan :               Hi! What do you need help with?

 

Guy in the pink hoodie : Yes! I heard a place where there is a lot of pink stuff.

 

Pink, a guy who likes pink, how unusual? LeeYan thought to himself.

 

He then looked up and saw Sungmin in front of him. LeeYan was so star struck, that he was unable to answer properly.

 

LeeYan  :              Uhm, Your… I mean I… I mean… I’m sorry what was that again?

 

Sungmin :            Sorry to bother you.

 

Sungmin then turned to the receptionist.

 

Sungmin :            Never mind miss. I’ll just go back to  our room.

 

Receptionist :       Are you sure sir.

 

Sungmin :            Yes.

 

Sungmin then turned to LeeYan.

 

Sungmin :            Sorry for the bother. I guess you know who I am, can we keep this between the three of us?

 

The guy in the in the pink hoodie was about to leave when LeeYan called him.

 

LeeYan :               Hey! I know where that place is.

 

Sungmin :            Really, that’s great. Can you give me the directions?

 

LeeYan :               Sure, but the place is kind of secluded and it’s a bit far from here. I can come with you if you want.

 

Sungmin was hesitant at first but given that LeeYan didn’t react like the other fans and that he was also staying at the hotel, he then thought it was ok.

 

Sungmin :            I guess it’s ok. I am Sungmin by the way.

 

LeeYan :               I know who you are. I am one of your biggest fans.

 

Sungmin :            Doesn’t seem like it.

 

LeeYan :               Well, I am just good in hiding it.

 

Sungmin just smiled.

 

Sungmin :            Ok. Do you have a car.

 

LeeYan :               NO!

 

Sungmin :            Oh ok. You didn’t bring one.

 

LeeYan :               My mom won’t allow me to bring it. I am such a good driver. Ahahaha!

 

Sungmin :            Well, if you’re really a fan of ours, who amongst us drives the best?

 

LeeYan :               I think I know where you’re getting at. Well, let’s just say LeeTeuk drives better than I do.

 

Sungmin :            Well, in that case, meet me in 10 minutes. I’ll pick you up at the curve after the drop off so that no one would see us. All the fans are here.

 

LeeYan :               Sure!

 

Sungmin :            Look for a black Hyundai car. I’ll flash the headlights once to let you know it’s me.

 

LeeYan :               Ok!

 

Sungmin was about to run back to his room, when LeeYan stopped him.

 

LeeYan :               By the way, Promise this will be our little secret.

 

Sungmin :            Thanks!

 

Sungmin ran back to his room.

 

LeeYan was still speechless from what had happened, he saw a couple of people whispering and wondering who the boy he was talking to was. He thought, maybe some of the fangirls might have recognized Sungmin. He then went to Starbuck 6750, crossed to UCC Coffee shop, then went back to the curve of The Makati Shangri-La drop off so that he can dodge who ever might follow him. He reached the curve just in time, a black Hyundai flashed its headlights.