Chapter 7 : Confession

SS3 Trilogy: Curiosity

 

LeeYan was making his bed not expecting any reply anymore.  When…

 

“Good night hyung. I know I will have a very pleasant dream tonight…And LeeYan… I’ll see you there.”

 

 Upon reading this LeeYan just smiled and went to bed. He thought to himself. “Hope to see you there too.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

LeeYan’s POV :

 

LeeYan kept on tossing and turning, trying to fell asleep. He kept on rereading the messages that he and Sungmin had exchanged earlier that day. He can’t believe that he was able to meet one of his ultimate idols. But a question kept on running into his mind, “Does he only like Sungmin as an idol, or is he feeling more than that towards the latter.”

 

LeeYan then turned to Clare for some advice. LeeYan was sleeping near the washroom while Clare slept at the bottom of the table. The 5 of them won’t fit in the bed.

 

LeeYan :               Noona, are you still up?

 

Clare :                  Barely…Why?

 

LeeYan :               Oh Sorry! I just want to know what you think of Sungmin.

 

Clare :                   What do you mean?

 

LeeYan :               You know that I like him as an idol. But meeting him made me realize that I somehow like him more than that.

 

Clare :                   Well… As you always say, only the two of you would know what is really happening between you two. I guess it would be best if you guys talk about it.

 

LeeYan :               You’re right. Probably, its just his nature to be so sweet and sensitive. Aish! It’s really confusing being with him and the actions that he has been showing me is really unusual.

 

Clare :                   Then talk to him. Get some rest we need to be up in a few hours.

 

LeeYan :               What is this surprise by the way? Is it something to do about you know who?

 

Clare :                   Ahaha! I love that you are keeping my secret. Yes it is somewhat connected to him. And maybe you will have the answer you’re looking for.

 

LeeYan :               Huh? Uhm ok I guess. Have you notice Yiuhan by the way? Something happened to her earlier that she is not telling us.

 

Clare :                   Shushshsh down. Let’s talk some more later over breakfast. Let sleep for now.

 

LeeYan :               OK! Thanks Noona. You’re the best. Have a good rest.

 

Clare :                   No prob. You too.

 

LeeYan put on his earplugs and fell asleep listening to Sungmin’s rendition of Baby Baby from SS2.

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

Sungmin was lying in bed undecided if he would send the drafted message on his mobile phone. He kept on mumbling to himself which bothered some of the members.

 

 

Why is he so concerned if LeeYan’s feelings would get hurt?

 

Leeteuk :             Sungmin-ah are you ok? You need to rest and our performance is in a few hours. Siwon also asked us to wake up by 5 to “exercise” I guess.

 

Sungmin :            It’s LeeYan.

 

Leeteuk :             Why? Did he do anything bad to you? He seems to be such a nice guy.

 

Sungmin :            That’s the point. He is so nice that I am seeing him beyond being  a fan.

 

Leeteuk :             Are you saying you like him?

 

Sungmin :            Maybe. I don’t really know. I haven’t felt this way towards another guy before.

 

LeeTeuk:             Well, the best thing to do about the situation in to talk to him.

 

Sungmin :            But what if???

 

Leeteuk :             What are you afraid of? Rejection or are you afraid to accept the fact that you like someone?

 

Sungmin :            I really don’t know. But rejection is more like it.

 

Leeteuk :             Aish. Go and get some rest. You’ll have a clearer view on things later. I know you Sungmin, you would know what to do.

 

Sungmin :            I guess. Thanks hyung. Good night.

 

Leeteuk :             Good night Sungmin.

 

Sungmin shut his eyes and forced himself to sleep. He didn’t send the message and thought to himself, “If LeeYan will be there later I will take it as a sign and talk to him. We didn’t have an agreement to meet later.”

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

Clare woke up LeeYan, Shinyiuhan, Jaja and Janine around 5AM the concert day. LeeYan still had the memories of the hours that past he checked his phone and NO MESSAGES RECEIVED.

 

“Sungmin probably is still asleep.” LeeYan thought to himself.

 

Being the closest person, LeeYan was the first one to get in to the bathroom. LeeYan was taking a leak when the door opened.

 

LeeYan :               Geez, don’t you know how to knock?

 

Yiuhan :                Dear God! Why didn’t you lock the door.

 

LeeYan :               I didn’t thought anyone is up already. What the hell did you see?

 

Yiuhan :               Nothing, I swear. Good thing I am still half asleep.

 

LeeYan  :              Well if in case you saw anything, I know you liked the show.

 

Yiuhan:                 Pssh. I'm not into yuri, oppa! (Slams the door of the bathroom)

 

LeeYan rushed out of the bathroom and grabbed his phone. Janine and Jaja practically ran out of the room and I was left looking for a room key. Yiuhan was still sluggishly digging through the bags. 

 

Clare :                   Hey. Let's go. Trust me, you don't want to be left behind!

 

Yiuhan :                Yeah, okay. Let me just grab my hat, I'm having a bad hair day. Go ahead.

 

We all waited at the elevator for Yiuhan who came a few seconds later, pulling something over her head. As soon as the elevator door closed, we all colapsed on the floor, laughing. Except for her.

 

Yiuhan :               WHAT?!?!

 

LeeYan :              Bad hair day, huh?

 

Yiuhan :              Yes. I can't very well go out there and risk seeing my Hyukkie with my hair this messy!

 

Janine :                Unnie, you'd prefer him to see you like this?

 

Yiuhan looked at the mirrored surface of the elevator door and screeamed bloody murder.

 

Yiuhan: You are all so evil!!!!

 

We were all laughing like crazy because Yiuhan came to the elevator wearing NOT her white and pink anime beanie, but one of Jaja's granny !

 

 

When the 5 of them reached the gym there were only few people inside. Most of them are Koreans.

 

Clare :                   Surprise!

 

Janine :                 OMG! All of them are here.

 

Siwon, Yesung, Sungmin and Henry approached the 5 of them upon seeing them reached the door.

 

Yesung :               (Looks at Janine)  Hey noseline girl! You look good this morning without any makeup on.

 

Janine :                 (A little annoyed still wanting to sleep.) Hey yourself! Kidding, nice to see you again.

 

Henry :                 (Spotting Yiuhan) Green Tea Latte Girl?

 

Yiuhan :               Wow, you remembered!

 

Henry :                How can I not? Haha. Nice to see you again. I'm still so sorry about your shirt.

 

Yiuhan:               (Giggling like mad and covering ) Sorry, I can't help it. I told you, it's fine.

 

Siwon :               Hi Clare!

 

Clare :                Hi there stranger.

 

Jaja :                  Where have I been all this time? You guys know them already? Where is Kyuhyun?

 

Clare :                 Well not everyone yet.

 

Clare introduced her friends to the boys who one by one approached them. Sungmin and LeeYan didn’t say a word to each other, but they never broke their eye contact until…

 

Clare :                 Sungmin, this is Yiuhan, I guess you already know who she is.

 

Sungmin :            Oh yeah! I know who you are. Nice to meet you. I am a huge fan.

 

Yiuhan :               Fan? Of me? Well nice to meet you too.

 

Sungmin :            Ahahahah! I know who you are. (Turns to LeeYan and place his right hand over LeeYan’s shoulder.)  LeeYan told me so much about you.

 

Yiuhan :               (Shifts her attention to LeeYan) YOU TOLD HIM WHO I AM! He read… how about???

 

LeeYan :               (LeeYan was caught off guard) Uhm… I did… Sorry… And he did read everything.

 

Sungmin now has his attention on the boy beside him.

 

Sungmin :            Guys, can I borrow LeeYan for a few minutes, I just need to talk to him.

 

Clare :                 Don’t you guys want to join us for a little bit.

 

Leeteuk :             Trust me they need to talk.

 

Sungmin :            HYUNG! (Sungmin said blushing)

 

LeeYan :              (Turns to Clare) Noona?

 

Clare :                 Oh yeah! I agree with Leeteuk. You guys need to talk about something important.

 

LeeYan :              Thanks Noona!

 

Clare :                 Make it quick ok. And LeeYan… Good Luck.

 

LeeYan smiled at Clare and the rest of the people in front of them. They walked by the pool area which was being cleaned that time. Good thing it was still closed so they had the chance to talk properly.

 

 

 

LeeYan :               So what is it that you want to talk about?

 

Sungmin :            Well.. uhm… LeeYan, why did Clare noona agreed with Su hyung when he said that we needed to talk.

 

LeeYan :               Oh that… Well…

 

There was silence for a few minutes. Both of them blushed on each other’s questions.

 

LeeYan:              Sungmin, since I am your hyung let me start. Clare said that we need to talk well because, I am actually kind of confused right now.

 

Sungmin :           What do you mean?

 

LeeYan :              Remember the first time we’ve met. I told you that I am one of your biggest fans. Well…

 

Sungmin :           What? You don’t adore me as an idol anymore? You like someone better from our group? Is it Su hyung?

 

LeeYan :              No no! It’s not that. Well, I adore you more than an idol now.

 

Sungmin :           Meaning?

 

LeeYan :              Let’s put it this way. At first I like you as a member of Super Junior. But spending some time with you, exchanging messages and introducing you to my friends made me realize that I like you as… Well I like you period.

 

Sungmin :           Well, I guess I like you too.

 

LeeYan :              YOU WHAT?

 

Sungmin :           Last night I had a talk with Su hyung, and it made me realize that I’ve never felt anything like this towards another guy. I am still not sure of what I am feeling but what I can tell is this, when I am with you, I feel safe, and everything feels right.

 

LeeYan :              Thank you. But I know for a fact that this is something temporary. I mean other from you being Korean, you’re an idol. We live in two different worlds.

 

Sungmin :            Let’s just enjoy this moment while we still have it.

 

LeeYan :              I guess that’s the best thing to do.

 

Sungmin :            So how can I make it better for LeeYan?

 

LeeYan :               Well, there’s actually one thing that bothers me on your performances.

 

Sungmin :            What?

 

LeeYan :               KyuMin.

 

Sungmin :            Oh! So no more KyuMin moments?

 

LeeYan :               I am not saying never to do it again. Your fans would kill me if they knew about our talk. At least for SS3 Manila, can you lessen the KyuMin moments?

 

Sungmin :            For you. I will…

 

LeeYan :               And what can I do for you?

 

Sungmin :            Well, I know that you are affected by me and Yiuhan meeting. Why?

 

LeeYan :               No I am not.

 

Sungmin stared at LeeYan quietly.

 

LeeYan :               Ok you got me. Well, Yiuhan is a girl and you’re a boy, isn’t it obvious? Anyway, you have been very sensitive about it. I can still remember your gestures when her name gets to be involved in the conversation.

 

Sungmin :            You’re jealous? And what gestures?

 

LeeYan :               Let’s just say and I am highly affected by it (Smiling shyly at Sungmin) And don’t play dumb Sungmin. (LeeYan smiled at Sungmin trying to hide that he is kind of jealous) Yesterday during your conversation with Clare noona and earlier today when you guys met, you tend to get closer to me each time.

 

Sungmin :            So you did notice that.

 

LeeYan :               I’m not dense dude. It’s all because of that stupid fic.

 

Sungmin :            (Sungmin placed his right hand over LeeYan’s left shoulder) Ahahahaha! Well, you don’t need to worry about that. Besides, I know who the real Sungmin in that story is?

 

LeeYan :               You what? What do you mean?

 

Sungmin :            One of the boys have been exchanging messages with Yiuhan these past few days.

 

LeeYan :               Will you tell me who it is?

 

Sungmin whispered to LeeYan’s ear who the boy is.

 

LeeYan :               So it’s him! Ahahahaha! Yiuhan will be thrilled.

 

Sungmin :            Don’t tell anyone not even Yiuhan.

 

LeeYan :               Will you tell her then?

 

Sungmin :            Nope! But to give you peace of mind, I will do something about it.

 

LeeYan :               Thanks!

 

There was silence once again. Sungmin watched as the sun rise that day.

 

Sungmin :            This view of the sunrise is so beautiful.

 

LeeYan :               I guess, but my view is better.

 

At that moment Sungmin turned to LeeYan. He caught LeeYan looking at him. Sungmin was not able to control himself and he blushed. He tried hiding it by pressing the back of his palm to his cheeks.

 

LeeYan :               You are so cute when you do that.

 

Sungmin just smiled at LeeYan.

 

Sungmin :            We better go back now. The others might be waiting for us.

 

LeeYan :               I guess you’re right. Thank you Sungmin.

 

Sungmin :            For what?

 

LeeYan :               Just for being here.

 

Sungmin just smiled at LeeYan. The latter was about to follow Sungmin when Sungmin grabbed his hand and led the way.

 

Sungmin :            Hyung, let’s go!

 

LeeYan :               Ahahaha! Let’s go.

 

Before they reached the door by the pool their hands separated so that it won’t cause any issues if anyone would see them. When they were back at the gym.

 

Clare :                  Finally, so how was it?

 

LeeYan :               It went well. I’ll tell you about it over breakfast.

 

They were about to bid farewell when Sungmin called on Yiuhan.

 

Sungmin :            Yiuhan! I know who your real Sungmin is…