Big Words

Little Things

You never love yourself half as much as I love you 
You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to 
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you

 

 

 

It was a sunny morning the January of year 2014, Dara woke up without Jiyong on her side. Ever since 2012, their relationship had grown deeper and the public had taken a liking of the couple. The Blackjacks and VIPs had accepted them and both 2NE1 and BIGBANG are still at the top of their fames. Usually, it would be a normal day to wake up without him on her side, but today, it was different. As she sat up the bed, she saw a letter on the bedside table.

 

Dear Dara,

I know this is a bad idea, to say good-bye to you by a letter. But we’ve talked about it last night, and you know I can’t handle sad good-byes. I know it .. but I only have one question I’ve been meaning to ask.

 

Will you marry me? Shocked you, didn’t I? I know it’s a bad idea, to propose by a letter, but I can’t face you right now. I know you might kill me for this, but you’ve always known that I want to get married as soon as possible. I want to have a family with you so bad.. but we’re idols, and work comes first. We were on top of fame, and YG didn’t allow me to propose to you since we revealed our relationship. But you’re turning 30 soon, and I want our little Dara and Jiyong Juniors to be close to us. I get jealous with people who have kids, like Danny hyung, but he said it’s too early for that. They’re always telling me I’d get there soon, but not now. I know you wouldn’t want to get married right away, so would you wait for me? I still have 2 years in the army. Would you wait for me, Dara? This enlistment, two years would pass by fast, it will be hard, but stay strong for us, hm?

 

You'll always be perfect to be, and all those subtle hints we've had and all those conversations we talked about. All those are what's important and not the controversies and issues we'll be facing. We may be affected by all of them, but I hope you always remember that I will always be by your side, I will always be here for you, so don't be scared whatever they say about our relationship.

 

I started this with you, and I was the one who revealed our relationship publicly, so I won't let them hurt you. That's why I told you I would be the “oppa”, the one to protect you when you're hurt. The one who would be overprotective over obsessive fan boys, and I will always be that jealous dragon you always hate. 

 

The little things, you may call them imperfections, and you may hate yourself bit by bit because of those, but to me, that's what makes you more beautiful. That’s what makes you perfect. That’s what make me love you, and will keep on loving you, and only you.

I’ll see you soon, Dara. And we’ll stay forever.

 

Yours,

Kwon Jiyong

 

 

 

Dara can’t help but cry. Jiyong had always been her happy pill and his reassurance was the best. He would always do everything to make her smile. And right now, she already misses her. He had gone to his enlistment in the morning. And won’t be back until two years. G-Dragon had the choice to enlist in the army at a later date, but he chose 2014, because he wanted to end it before he started his married life, hopefully with Dara.

 

“I’m already missing you, Ji.” She weeped.

“Two years would be long, because without you even for a day takes too long.

But I will wait. Patiently. For the both of us. ”

 

She grabbed her phone, and a sent a simple text to him.

"Yes."