From the Little Things

Little Things

 

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me

But bear this mind it was meant to be

And I’m joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me

 

 

Flashback:

 

Dara was sitting by the couch at the recording studio. She was waiting for Jiyong while he did what he does best, composing. Jiyong was rocking his brain out to produce a song for his second solo album. Dara had been supportive of Jiyong every step of his way as he is on the process of making the album.

 

“Dara-yah.” Jiyong called. His back was facing Dara and his eyes were focused on the screen infront of him.

 

“Dee..” He called again, but he got no answer. He turned around only to find out the girl of his dreams sleeping soundlessly on the couch.

 

He smiled inwardly and approached Dara slowly. She was exhausted because 2NE1 had just finished practice for their song “I Love You” yet she still insisted to wait for Jiyong before heading home. The woman behind all his songs was waiting for him.

 

“What would I do without you, D?” He murmured as he tucked the loose hair behind her ear. He caressed Dara’s cheek ever so softly admiring every spot she had on her natural face.

 

He kissed her forehead and stood up. He saw scraps of paper scattered at the side table. He picked it up and saw Dara’s drawings and a lot more doodles and scribbles.

 

He saw a picture doodle of a girl with apple hair with a dog beside it, written on top was - Me and Gaho-ssi. He chuckled. “How could you be this cute, Dara?” He thought.

 

As he was chuckling through Dara’s drawings, Dara stirred from her sleep.

 

“Ji?” She said as she rubbed her eyes.

 

“Oh. You’re awake already.”

 

“Are you done?” She asked him.

He simply smiled.

“Kaja?” He said.

She stood up and fixed her stuff, Jiyong did too, and when they were both ready Jiyong took Dara’s hand under his.

 

They were walking down the hallway holding hands, nothing new with the couple. Jiyong had that habit of his; he’d always link his hand to Dara’s hand, caressing hers all the while. He won’t let go until they had to.

 

 


 

Jiyong had booked a flight the moment he realized Dara had no plan in answering her phone. It was 12 in the afternoon in Seoul when he was rushing to her.

 

"Dara..." Ji was panting ever so loudly, he had just ran a flight of stairs to the rooftop of 2NE1's Dorm. He had barged in 2NE1's dorm and panic strucked him when she was nowhere in sight, but the leader told Jiyong that Dara was at the rooftop. 

 

"Ji.. wha-" Dara can't comprehend how it was possible, the guy that occupied all her thoughts, was in front of her, instead of being 900 miles away.

 

No words were uttered, Jiyong just hugged Dara tightly.

 

"I'm sorry, babe." He muttered.


"I'm sorry for making you cry." He said as he gazed at Dara's tear strickened face. 

 

"No.. Ji, I'm sorry for not being good enough for you..." Dara was crying again.

 

"Dara, you've always been good enough for me, remember that, arasso?" Ji said, trying to convince her.

 

"We.. were made for each other.. you and I.."

 

He held Dara's hand and slipped his in hers.

 

"We are meant to be."