If only he could turn that frown upside down, he thought.

I HAVE A BODYGUARD?!

FAST FORWARD. 4pm at Chan Lou University.

"JJJAAAAANG~~~" We both turned to look at where the voice came from.

"Yah, Han Byul," Han Ah came running and approached her, out of breath.

"What's the matter?" she asked her, "Is anybody after you? Why were you running?"

"It's because.." Han Ah breathed heavily, "I ran.." and breathed again, "from the faculty..."

"For what?"

"Your rank," she started to sound sulky as she stopped to wheeze. Han Byul's rank? I thought to myself. She's a Dean's Lister, right?

"Rank 11," Han Ah then relayed the adverse information.

"Oh," Han Byul paused for a moment, "Really?" She uttered vaguely.

"Yah, jjang?" Han Ah held one of Han Byul's hands.

"Aniyo," Han Byul shook her head, "You are joking, right?" She stiffly stood as she pondered upon what her bestfriend has just told her. I myself was shocked with such appalling news. Though standing right behind her, I can feel that she herself was taken aback.

"Mianhae, Han Byul-ssi~" Han Ah hugged her.

"I-it's okay," Han Byul stuttered. "I'll be fine."

I knew she was lying. I held her shoulder but she removed my hand immediately, leaving me with no choice but to watch her as she walked absent mindedly through the crowd of people.

"Follow her," Han Ah told me. I nodded my head as an 'Okay' sign.

 



Oettoke? What should I do now? I rubbed the back of my head as I followed to where Han Byul was heading. A girl trying to supress her tears and a guy following her lead. Tch, sounds like my ex and I. TT______TT Well, whatever.

"Miss Han Byul?" I called from behind the bench to which she dimly seated.

"Go away Kevin," she told me as she stared blankly into space. "I need to be alone right now."

I ignored her plead and sat right beside her.

"Didn't you hear me?" Her voice raised a tone higher. "I SAID GO AWAY," she said a she turned to look on the other side.

"I may be your ever-so-obedient bodyguard, but I can also be stubborn at times. You know," I told her as I moved an inch closer and rested my arm by her petite frame. "It's okay. You can cry," I patter her back. At least I can try to soothe her feelings, I thought.

"The only thing that makes me feel accepted is that damn 'Dean's Lister' title," she began explaining. "Now that I'm out of it, I'm no one." Then she started to cry.

"Ever since my mom left us for her stupid boyfriend, dad never really learned to appreciate me. He only saw me either to commend for some stupid accomplishment or reprimand me for being such a spoiled brat. LIKE, is it my fault that mom left him?" She asked me. I bit my lip in pity. No wonder she's an attention-seeker.

"And now I'm out of that prestigious Dean's List, what do I get?" She continued. "He's gonna limit my allowance? Cut off my credit card? I won't be surprised if he rejects me as his own child," she cried some more.

"Aigoo," I finally replied. "I'm pretty sure your dad loves you for who you are, Miss Han Byul. He may be off beam in showing it, but I'm pretty sure he does," I told her.

"Tch. He doesn't even know that my birthday comes next week. And you know what adds up to my sentiments?" She added. "Jjong. That stupid bastard. I haven't seen him lately. He should be the one comforting me, not you," she exclaimed as she pushed me away.

Yah, doesn't she even consider me as her friend? I heaved a sigh as I remembered a scene from the past.

"You know what?" I told Han Byul. "My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in a similar situation like this," I stood up and placed my hands in the pocket of my pants. "I thought she was the one..."

"Like I even care about your past," she said as she crossed her arms. If only I could turn that frown upside down, I thought.

"You know, just like the usual relationship," I paused. "One of them falls out of love with the other but unfortunately, the other still doesn't want to let go..."



HAN BYUL'S POV

"There was that time when I saw her with another guy," He continued. "That's when I realized that she was playing with me. I've never had my heart broken that much. I didn't even know how I recovered, or if I have already recovered," he sighed. "This situation reminds me of the moment I decided to break up with her."

"I-i'm sorry," I told him.

"It's okay. One cannot always live in the past, right?" He turned to grin at me as he spread his arms wide infront of him.

I looked at him in confusion. "Yah~" he told me.

"Yah what?'

"Let me give you a hug," he grabbed my arms and pulled me closer. "You have so much more that what others can see. Putting yourself down will just create a bigger scar in your already tormented heart, and that would take a longer time to heal. Move on," he whispered in my ear. "There are many people who loves you. Not just your dad, not just Jjong."

"There are?" I asked him. I closed my eyes as I buried my face into his caress. His body was warm. I felt secured with his regular and consistent breathing.

"Han Ah does..." he replied. "And your schoolmates... and your teachers." I felt him laugh.

"Yah," I playfully slapped his back. "Thank you for this hug. I needed one," I told him.

"I know you do," he hugged me tighter.

We stood at that position until he knew that I was already fine. I have to admit, his presence and his warm hug consoled me. For the first time, I felt like I was loved.



KEVIN'S POV

We walked to the parking lot afterwards. Just like the usual set up, I drove the car and she seated right beside me. We arrived home at around 6pm. And before we parted into our rooms...

"You've got to thank me for that hug," I told her.

"Thank you then," she replied with her sweet smile.

"You're welcome, Miss Han Byul." I paused, "I knew you liked it."

"What?" She turned to look at me, her eyes were like daggers that are ready to shoot anytime.

"I said I knew you needed it."

"Oh. I thought I heard something else," she nodded. "Good night, Kevin."

"Goodnight, Miss Han Byul."

 

 


Having mutual understanding is the first step towards a beautiful relationship, agree? *cricket, cricket* Well, we all have our own opinions. :-jj

I DON'T KNOW WHY I ENDED UP WRITING THIS CHAPTER. It basically a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Han Byul got pissed, then she got jealous, and now she's frustrated. I feel sorry for her. Kevin, comfort me too. TT______________TT

Ikaw, sayo galing yung sinabi ni Kevin. In-edit ko lang to give the KEVIN-ish feel. Quiet ka na lang. Trip kong gamitin eh. Forgive me~ ^^v

  Until Chapter 10~ Annyeong! :D I say hi to my new subscribers~ :PPP 

 

I'd like to plug another fic entitled, "See you around nga ba?" Strictly for pinoys only. ^^v Isang chapter lang yan. ONE SHOT, baby. :-bd