Thanks for dinner, Kim Jonghyun.

I HAVE A BODYGUARD?!

ONE WEEK LATER, HAN BYUL'S BDAY. HAN BYUL'S POV

 

"Goodbye and thank you, Ms. Hee Rang," we uttered in unison.

Whew. Another day has passed. I feel like going to SHIN--

 

"ONE, TWO, THREE, GO~"

"Saengil chukha hamnida~ Saengil chukha hamnida~ Saranghaneun uri Han Byul~ Saengil chukha hamnida~~~~"

Loud cheers, hands clapping, and all the happy faces... Who told them it's my birthday?

"Happy Birthday~" Each one of my classmates greeted me.

"Thank You~ Kamsahamnida~" I bowed my head for the 5th time.

"JJAAAANG~" Han Ah's voice stood out from the rest. "Happy Birthdaaaaay~~~~" And she handed out a flat box wrapped in blue, my favorite color.

"Yah, what's all this?" I asked her in frustration.

"It's your birthday, pabo~" She replied. "We must celebrate~!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I do not like celebrating my birthday?" I pulled her close for a whisper.

"This'll be the 8th year since your 9th birthday," she told me. Her face showing a big grin that mocked my question.

"Yah, stop being sarcastic," I playfully slapped her shoulder.

"Thanks everyone," I announced. "I'll inform my dad to give thank you gifts to all of you. Kamsahamnida~" I bowed once more before pulling Han Ah out of the classroom.


 

We went out and soon headed to the parking lot where Kevin probably was.

"Yah, what is wrong with you?" I said, closing the car door beside me.

"IT'S. YOUR. BIRTHDAY." Han Ah emphasized. "Do I have to repeat myself over and over?"

"Tch," I rolled my eyes. " I told you, I DON'T WANT TO CELEBRATE."

"You and your crazy antics," she rolled her eyes. "I'm outta here. Here's your gift, by the way." She told me as she handed her gift for the second time. "It might get cold and so I figured you might use it."

 

And she went out of the car and left.

 

"She actually left me?" I pouted as I crossed my hands.

"Going where now, Miss Han Byul?" Kevin spoke up.

"Anywhere. Take me anywhere," I told him.


 

HAN AH'S POV

I went out of the car and left. GREAT! My plan now is actually working~~~

"KEVIN JJANG~!" I made a punch in the air as I watched the chev start and leave.
 


 

HAN BYUL'S POV

"Where are we going?" I asked Kevin when I noticed that shoved the car into the opposite direction.

"Somewhere," he smirked.

"Okay?" I nodded my head in submission. He's my bodyguard. He won't do anything wrong, I guess.

 

WAIT.  Speaking of bodyguards...

"What're you wearing?" I asked him. Since the first day I met him, this is the first time he wore something else that actually fits his age... REAL CLOTHING. O_________o

 


 

KEVIN'S POV

"What're you wearing?" She asked me. Finally seeing my new outfit for this special day.

"Do I look good in it?" I answered in a cool manner.

"Yah, don't be such a feeler," she laughed. "I was just wondering why you finally wore something..."

"Something...?"

"...else." She chuckled. Pfffft.

"Yah, remember what I asked you last Saturday night?"

"Which is?"

"I asked for a--"

 

Her phone ringed.

 

"Wait a sec, Kevin." She said as she answered the phone call.

 


 

HAN BYUL'S POV

"Yoboseyo?" I answered the unregistered number.

"Baby~" The other line called.

"Jjong?"

The car screetched. I turned to mouth Kevin to be careful.

"Who else?" the other line replied.

"Oh, baby~ You changed your number?"

"Yes, I did," he replied. "I'm sorry for not informing you~"

"Oh, it's okay. No wonder you don't reply my text messages," I told him. "Why'd you call anyways?"

"Well, you know what day it is," he paused. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY~"

"Aw, thank you~" I felt my cheeks jump in delight.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked. Like, OMG. IS HE ASKING FOR A DATE? JAHFKJHFA :"">

"Tonight? Yes, of course~" I answered. "I'm free tonight~~~"

 


 

KEVIN'S POV

"Tonight? Yes, of course~" she answered. "I'm free tonight~~~"

Is that a date? NOT AT SIX PM, PLEASE NO.

"So tonight it is?" she repeated. "Okay, I love you baby~ I'll be there at six," she ended.

GREAT. JUST GREAT.

"What were you saying, Kevin?" she kept the phone in her bag. "You're asked me for a what?"

"For a day-off," I told her.

"Oh?" she laughed. "I thought bodyguards never take day-offs."

"I just need to handle something important," I told her.

"Oh, okay," she nodded. "Permission granted, Mr..." She snapped her fingers as she tried to recall my surname.

"WOO," I answered. "The surname is Woo, Miss Han Byul."

"Really?" her eyes grew bigger in fascination. "It sounds like what you say in parties, games, or whatever..."

"I'm afraid I do not understand, Miss Han Byul." I shook my head.

"You know..." she told me. "WOO~~~ Great job! WOOO~~ Go Han Ah~!"

"Oh, I see," I just nodded.

"Yah, I granted you permission to have a day-off. Why do you look frustrated?" She asked me.

"Nothing, Miss Han Byul." I answered her. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, MISTER WOO~" she chuckled. "Uhm, by the way, go make a U-turn and let's head back home."

"Right now?"

"Yes, I have a date to attend." She happily smiled.

"Arasseo," I told her.

 


 

HAN BYUL'S ROOM. HAN BYUL'S POV

"Oh my gosh! Jjong asked for a date~~~~~," I happily skipped across the room. "I guess I'm gonna love this day after all~~!"

Hm, what do I wear? I walked through my wardrobe and tried out some dresses that I haven't used in a while...

And after some time wasted on some unwanted clothing, I seemed to have finally achieved the perfect look:

Aren't I pretty with the matching hat, belt, and heels? Teehee ^^ I KNOW. :"> Let's ask Kevin~~~


"Kevin~" I shouted from my room.

"Yes, Miss Han B-- WOAH~" his eyes grew in ...amazement? ^^

"SO???" I asked him with a big grin. "What can you say?"

"Your room," he stated. "IS MESSY."

"Yah," I seated on my bed. "I was expecting you to say that I look pretty," I pouted.

"You are," he smiled. "You've always been."

"Omo~ Really?" I felt my eyes flutter in delight.

"Yes, and I think I have to guard you from the police..."

"From the police? Waeyo?" I asked him.

"Because you might steal some boy's heart," he ended.

"Yah," I threw a shoe at him. "Stop with the silly jokes," I chuckled.

"I wasn't joking," he said as he started to pick up the shoe that I just threw at him.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "Yah, what time is it?"

"16:45, Miss Han Byul."

"SIXTEEN FOURTY FIVE?" Tch. There he goes with his own language.

"4:45, I mean."

"4:45?!" I screamed. "I have to meet Jjong at 6~"

"That's why I cleaning up now," Kevin replied. "AM I NOT?"

"Aigoo..."

 


 

MEANWHILE...  Jjong's POV

"Perfect," I pulled out a smirk as I looked around at the place. "Am I great? Or am I just so great?" I smiled to myself.

"TIME CHECK?" I looked at my wristwatch. "5pm."

One hour left and I'll make Han Byul fall deeper inlove with--

"Yeobo?" Somebody called me.

 


 

BACK AT HAN BYUL'S POV

"Yah, Kevin~" I asked him for the nth time. "DO I LOOK PRETTY?"

"Yes, you do." He answered back, "Do I have to repeat it over and over again?"

"Yes, please." I sighed.

"Miss Lee Han Byul is pretty. She is lovely and beautiful, inside out. Lee Han Byul is pretty tonight. Miss Han Byul looks good. She is--"

"Yah," I stopped him. "You're making me blush," I hid my face.

"Miss Han Byul," he smiled as he pulled me close. "You're not just pretty, you're beautiful," he whispered.

"Yah, I said stop it." I pushed him away. "It's almost six, we need to go now."

"Arasseo," his smile faded away.

 

In a matter of minutes, we finally arrived at Dino Bar and Resto. I told Kevin to observe some privacy for me and Jjong as we headed to the rooftop. I was obviously nervous yet excited to see what Jjong has got for me tonight.


"KYAAAA~"

I looked around the place. Wow. Jjong must have gone here early to prepare such wonderful scene. The rose petals, lighted candles, and the over-all romantic view of the city. Jjong is so sweet. >.<

"Oh, you're here~" Jjong stood up and walked nearer. "Happy Birthday, Han Byul~" He pulled me for a kiss. "So, did you like it?" He asked me.

"I don't like it," I shook my head. "NOT AT ALL."

"You don't?" He paused, "But why?"

"Why so pabo," I chuckled. "I love it silly~" I went closer for another k--

"Ahem," Kevin cleared his thoat.

 


 

JJONG'S POV

"Ahem," the bodyguard cleared his thoat.

AISH.

"You," I turned to faced him. "If you're having some throat problems, you can go and leave the two of us for goodness' sake," I groaned.

"Negative, Mr. Kim," he answered me. "I'm afraid no orders shall be accepted from unauthorized individuals," he continued.

'Negative? Orders? Unauthorized?" I laughed. "Yah~ From what ERA do you come from?"

"JJong," Han Byul held my arm. As if that would stop me.

"Tch, just because you aren't wearing your silly costume doesn't make you better than me," I warned him.

"I'm taller," he smirked.

 


 

HAN BYUL'S POV

"I'm taller," Kevin proudly stated.

"Yah, this bastard--" he poised to give him a punch until--

"Why oh why~" Someone butted into Jjong and Kevin's argument.

 

A girl? Who is she?

 

"Yah, Jin Kyoung," Jjong faced her. "What are you doing here?"

 

AND JJONG KNOWS HER?

 

"Jjong~" She smirked. "Why don't you just chill? You're scaring the young boy..." she chuckled as she ruffled Kevin's hair. Kevin, in turn, shoved her hand away.

"Yah, whatever. Let's just go eat, Han Byul" Jjong told me.

"O-okay," I nodded.


 

We soon sat at the table found at one corner of the rooftop. Jjong and I sat together, but wait. WHY DID THE GIRL COME WITH US? She even had the guts to seat in front of me. Yah, who does she think she is. TT______TT And Kevin? He knows his place. He stood by the edge of the rooftop and just stared at the city view. Let him be. Maybe he's just trying to regain his temper. Well anyways...


"So?" The girl started a conversation.

"Oh, yeah," Jjong started to talk too. "Jin Kyoung, meet Han Byul. Han Byul, meet Jin Kyoung."

"Hi there," the girl named Jin Kyoung waved a hand at me. I, on the other hand, waved back and replied a warm, "Hello."

"Jjong," I asked. "Who is she?"

"I haven't told you yet?" He paused. "Jin Kyoung is my ex-girlfriend."

 

Jin Kyoung is my ex-girlfriend.

JIN KYOUNG IS MY EX-GIRLFRIEND.

JIN KYOUNG IS MY EX-GIRLFRIEND.

TT_______TT

"Yah, Han Byul?" He waved a hand at me. "Yah~"

"Oh, yeaah. HA--HA. Okay." I let out an anxious laugh. "I'm Jjong's CURRENT girlfriend," I offered a handshake to that Jin Kyoung.

"I know," she replied. Not even bothering to shake hands. "So what have you got for us, Jjong?"

 

FUDGE. Did she just ignore me?

 

"Oh, yeah. Okay, let's eat!" Jjong replied.

 

Jjong clapped his hands and soon, the waiters gave us our dinner for that night. Wait. THREE PLATES? Did this girl come unexpectedly or did Jjong really plan this up? TT________TT

 

"Mmm," Jin Kyoung her lips. "The food here tastes good, Jjong~" she uttered.

"Yeah~ I know right~~"

 

YAH, IS SHE SEDUCTING HIM OR SOMETHING?

"So, tell me more about your current situation. What have you been busy with?" Jin Kyoung started another topic.

"Well," Jjong replied. "I'm currently in the 2nd semester of my third year in Mechanical Engineering." He proudly replied, "Too many projects, as usual. You remember Mr. Yang?"

"Yes, and?"

"He's my proctor for this semester and life is hell with him," he laughed.

"But he's good in teaching..." Jin Kyoung defended the said professor.

"I know," Jjong took a bite of the pasta. "Uhm, might wanna have a toast?"

"Sure."

 

Jin Kyoung held up the red wine and Jjong clicked the two glasses for a toast. Afterwards, he turned to me and gave me toast too. AIGOO. What kind of date is this? Seems like I was the one uninvite by his lovely "EX-GIRLFRIEND" in their own date. After some more minutes, I decided to finally leave since the date isn't really going well and that Jin Kyoung is getting into my nerves.

 

"I'll go now," I stood up and the two looked at me dumbfounded.

 


 

KEVIN'S POV

"I'll go now," Han Byul looked pissed as she stood up to bid goodbye at the two. "Kevin, let's go." She called me.

I walked towards Han Byul but then the Kim Jonghyun held her arm and stopped her from poising to get up. "But we haven't even got to spend time by ourselves," he reasoned.

"How are we gonna have time for us if you keep talking with your EX-GIRLFRIEND?" Han Byul's tone raised a note higher, her face was obviously showing a civil smile. She picked up her bag and walked towards the stairway.

Jonghyun stood up and called her once more, "YAH LEE HAN BYUL~" he shouted.

"LEE. HAN. BYUL?" She stopped and turned to face Jonghyun for the last time. "Thanks for dinner, KIM JONGHYUN."

 

She ended.

 


WOW. What a scene. I went and lead Miss Han Byul to the elevator and we soon headed for the chev. As usual, she sat down the the front passenger seat and I took on the driver's side. There was a cold and quiet atmosphere until she finally decided to speak up.

 

"What time is it, Kevin?" She asked me.

"20:13."


...

 

"8:13, I mean." I uttered again as I took a quick glance of her facial expression.

"Let's go to the park," she replied.

"Arasseo," I answered.

 


I FINALLY UPDATED~ WoohoO! :D I've been busy studying U-Kiss' 0330. THEY DEFINE PERFECTION. <333 How's chapter 11? :DDD