"Reporting for BG14344's duty, ladies."

I HAVE A BODYGUARD?!

FOR A QUICK RECAP:

Kevin previously asked Han Byul for a date on her birthday. To much of his disappointment, Jonghyun called up and Han Byul, being the obssessed girlfriend that she is, accepted it promptly. This then lead the whole day into a mess when Jin Kyoung, Jonghyun's ex-girlfriend, appeared on the said date. Out of frustration, Han Byul walked out and Kevin drove the two of them to a dessert shop. Kevin leaves Han Byul in the chev while he spends some good time with his sister, Deanna. Seeing this, Han Byul mistakenly assumes that Deanna was Kevin's girlfriend, making her think that Kevin was just like Jonghyun after all. She leaves the car for some fresh air until a stranger comes up and flirts with her. Kevin sees this and throws a punch out of his bodyguard instincts. Kevin claims to be Han Byul's boyfriend and so the night ended with much perplexity as to Kevin's claim where in fact, Han Byul and Kevin has no relationship at all.

Wait. I just got a sudden nosebleed. TT^TT =)))


LOL. Chapter 17 starts with Kevin's day-off. Enjoy!




NEXT DAY, KIBUM'S POV

"It's raining hard," I told Kevin as I my tv screen. He went here to tell me about his day-off and now he's begging me to guard Han Byul for today. Talk about losers. He should be thankful for a bestfriend like me.

"Yes, yes," he replied. "Go now~ No one will send her to school."

"She's a college freshman right?" I sat down on the couch. "I'm sure she can go by herself..." I told him.

"But it's raining and--"

"No buts," I told him. "My favorite show starts in 2 minutes." I explained. "I'll be there by lunchtime, perhaps."

"Aish," he protested. "What if a car hits her?" Kevin started a list of unwanted scenarios. "What if someone kidnaps her? What if she trips by a stone? What if-- OH MY GOD~ WHAT IF JONGHYUN HER???" he whined some more.

"Then why'd you take a freakin' day-off?!" I hit him with a throw pillow.

"It just came out of my mouth," his shoulder sunk at the thought. "Stupid me."

"And now you're begging me to go for you." I rolled my eyes. "Why do you care so much?" I continued. "You're not his boyfriend, you know."

"AISH," he ruffled his hair. "I know that, okay???"

"Okay," I smirked.

"ARGGH," he growled, defeated. "Just go there now," Kevin heaved a sigh.

"Aw~~" I . "But you're still not her boyfriend," I ended.
 



CHAN LOU UNIVERSITY CAFETERIA

HAN AH'S POV

It's basically lunchtime, Kevin had a day-off, and so Han Byul and I had our lunch at the school canteen. Our orders? She had a bottle of water and her favorite refrigerated cake. While I, on the other hand, had carbonara, some garlic bread, and a can of soda. O____o Yup, but I never get fat... Cool huh?


Fast metabolism, that is. ^^


"Aren't you hungry?" I asked Han Byul as we sat down at one of the available tables.

"Aniyo," she shook her head. "This'll fill me up."

"No wonder you're a stick," I raised a brow. "How's your birthday, by the way?" I took a bite of my carbonara.

OF COURSE, I'M EXPECTING SOME GOOD NEWS... :>


"Yesterday?" She repeated. "Nothing much."

"B-bwo?" I asked her. "Nothing nice happened??"

"None," She repeated.

"Aigoo," I pouted as I took a bite of my carbonara. "So you mean you went straight home yesterday?"
 



HAN BYUL'S POV

"So you mean you went straight home yesterday?"

"Aniyo, we had a small dinner," I answered.

"DINNER~?!" Han Ah screamed with a mouthful of food.

"SHHH," I hushed her. "Keep quiet will you?" I rolled my eyes. "It was just a small dinner with Jjong, nothing else, okay?"

"Wait," Han Ah drank from her soda. "SO JJONG INVITED YOU FOR DINNER..." Her eyebrows cringed in objection.

"Yes, my boyfriend, of course," I snickered.

"Aish," she shook her head.

"As I was saying," I continued. "Jjong invited me for dinner and..."

"AND?" Han Ah anxiously waited for the continuation.

"...his ex-girlfriend showed up," I narrated.

"EX-GIRLFRIEND?!" Han Ah's mouth hung wide open.

"Yah, close your mouth."

"I-I mean..." She cleared . "The famous Jin Kyoung??"

"You know her?"

"Who doesn't????" Han Ah's face had the 'DUH' expression.

I don't.

"She's the famous school ballerina. She left Jjong two years ago for some scholarship program in the US. And so now that she's back..." Han Ah's expression turned smug.



"Now that she's back?"




"You and Jjong..." she took a sip of her drink.




"ME AND JJONG?"





"Are gonna breakup. I'm sure of that," she snickered.


"Pffft. Whatever," I answered her. "Past is PAST."
 



HAN AH'S POV


Teehee, I mentally squealed. So Kevin's plan didn't happen but Jjong's ex-girlfriend for showed up~ Haha. Talk about luck. LOL. /:))) KEVIN WOO, you now have 50% chance of having Han--


"Yah," Han Byul nudged my plate. "What're you thinking?" She asked me. "Another plan of yours?"

"A-aniyo~" I smiled at her. "I just feel accomplished," I took another bite.

"Accomplished, huh?" Han Byul flipped her hair.


WAIT.




O_______o




"Why is there a SMALL piece of CHEAP silver hanging around your neck?" I glared at Han Byul's new accessory.


Tch. SMALL AND CHEAP? It's from Kim Jonghyun.

No doubt.

He once gave her a couple ring that rusted in three freakin' days. I almost sent Han Byul to the hospital for a tetanus shot.


Pffft.


"This one?" She took it off and showed it to me. "It's cute right?"




I watched a she disgustingly dangled the necklace in front of me.

 

"You replaced your expensive necklace for that one?!" I grumbled.


"But it's from Kevin~" she pouted.


"FROM K-KEVIN?" I blinked with much disbelief.


"Yes and you called it cheap, HAN AH," Han Byul retorted.


"A-aniyo~" I nervously laughed. "D-did I say cheap?" I asked her. "I said--"


ASKJFHKDSAGKGHK WHAT RHYMES WITH CHEAP?


Cheese.

Chit.

Chirp.

Chief.


TT____TT


"I-I said CHILL~" I told her. "HA--HA," I laughed. "It's chilly outside cause it's raining, HEH."


"Lame," Han Byul raised a brow.


I know~ -____-"


Speaking of chilly...


"Have you seen my gift?" I asked Han Byul.
 



HAN BYUL'S POV

"Have you seen my gift?" Han Ah asked me.

"The couple jacket?"

"NE~" she happiy replied. "Do you like it??"


SO it's really a couple jacket...

 


"Have you given the other pair to Jjong?" I asked.

"Why would I give it to him?"

"Who else would you give it to?" I raised a brow.



"TO KEVIN, OF COURSE~"




Someone butted in our conversation.




"Excuse me? You might have mistaken us for someone you know," Han Ah told the guy. "Who are you?"

"KIM KIBUM from BGCorporation," he introduced. "Reporting for BG14344's duty, ladies."


14344? That's Kevin, am I right?


"Is he Kevin's representative for today?" Han Ah whispered to my ear.

"I don't know," I whispered back.

"But he wears the costumes that Kevin had," She answered. "He's cute too~"

"AISH HAN AH," I scolded.


She already likes Kevin and now she thinks this unknown guy is cute. Seriously? -__-"


"Maybe he's a substitute," I told her.