Decisions

Choices

 

"Are you sure you'll be okay? Remember to just call me when you have problems. Make sure you catch up with your studies, okay?" Jessica Soojung's hair and ran her hand on her sister's stomach area. She is smiling, but for sad reasons. She had always expected for her sister to bear Jongin's child. But not at this age. Not when the two are just about to graduate high school is about to venture into college.

 

"I'll drive you to school, okay?" Jessica took Soojung and drove to Soojung's high school. She sighed as she stepped out of the car. She came back to school after a few days of disappearing. She has to face the questions of everyone. 

 

"Soojung!" She turned to see Amber. “How are you feeling, Soojung?”

 

“I’m fine. How are the others? How is Jongin?” Soojung nervously asks. She places her eyes on the ground as she waits for an answer.

 

“Well, ask them then,” Amber points towards Soojung’s back and she turns to see their friends.

 

“SOOJUNG!” Jinri is the first one to run towards Soojung, followed by the rest. At the end among them, walks the gloomy Jongin. He’s stuck in his own world and does not notice Soojung being there.

 

“Hey! You’re alive! I thought you were dying!” Chanyeol beamed, earning a smack from Jinri.

 

“I was just sick for a few days. Nothing serious. Just got headaches, so I couldn’t even answer your calls reply to your messages,” Soojung explained.

 

“Soojung?” Jongin blinks his eyes, as if he doesn’t believe that Soojung is in front of you.

 

“Jongin, I’m really here, okay?” Soojung chuckled and Jongin immediately hugs her. “Jongin, too tight!” Soojung complains and Amber has to pull him away from her. Soojung places her hand on her tummy and caresses it. He hugged her too tight that their baby might get hurt. Jongin apologize and Soojung forgave him.

 

“You know, it’s a good thing you really showed up because we thought you were dying—“

 

“Chanyeol.”

 

“Or you were about to break up with Jongin because you weren’t avoiding him and us so it’s just natural that we think that—“

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!” They yelled and Chanyeol finally stopped in surprise, wondering what he had said wrong.

 

“It’s okay. It was my fault. I’m sorry,” Soojung said and Jongin just placed his arm around her shoulder.

 

As the bell rang, they all went to their classrooms with Jongin grabbing Soojung’s hand. He kissed her hand and it.

 

“Soojung, can we talk later after class?” He whispered and she nodded.

 

 

_*_

 

 

During classes, Soojung will touch her abdomen, thinking of the child growing inside her. What if she does not tell Jongin about the baby and keeps it away from him instead? She knew that keeping it away from him wouldn’t hinder him from his goals.

 

By the end of school, Jongin immediately grabbed Soojung’s hand and left the school. The others knew that Jongin will have to tell Soojung the good news. Arriving at their favorite noodle shop, Jongin has been giddy since their way there. Soojung has noticed it and she’s happy because Jongin’s happy.

 

“Soojung-ah,” Jongin caresses her hand as they finished eating.

 

“So, what seems so important that you have to bring me here?”

 

Jongin takes an envelope from his bag and hands it to Soojung. The envelope has the name of the university Jongin applied to for a scholarship. From the smiles he gives, she can sense that it’s good news. Opening the letter, she already saw the word ‘congratulations’ and ‘accepted’ and knew what it is. She doesn’t know if it was something that would make her happy or not.

 

Thinking about it, if she let him go to another country, then she could let the baby grow inside her and she could take care of it. Soojung can go away and hide away from everyone while taking care of the baby. It seems selfish of her to do so, but she doesn’t want Jongin’s dream to not be fulfilled.

 

“You passed,” Soojung said in a tone that could not be identified whether she was proud or sad.

 

“Soojung, you know that this isn’t just my decision, but yours too. This isn’t just my dream, but ours, okay?”

 

Soojung sees how much Jongin is torn. He wants to go with the scholarship but he doesn’t want to leave her. Soojung really meant a lot for him and Jongin meant a lot for her too. That also includes their dreams that either they fulfill together or separately.

 

“I may have to think about it. But you know that my decision doesn’t matter that much—“

 

“Yes it does! I love you and this just doesn’t involve me. It involves us and our future, remember?”

 

“You know what, go for it,” Soojung says.

 

“W-what?”

 

“This scholarship doesn’t come knocking on your door. It takes true talent to be accepted and you have that. Opportunities like this just don’t come along that easy. This will be good for the both of us. I know that you wanted to get this so bad. I knew this was coming and I had to prepare myself before this. Now I know it’s happening and that you are accepted, I came to the realization that I should be mature. My final decision is that for you to go… for you… for me… for us.”

 

Jongin’s smile was so big that she hugged her sideways. She pulled her hand and held his hand over her tummy.

 

‘Dear my baby, this is your father. His name is Kim Jongin. I love him and he loves me too. I let him go study abroad to fulfill one of our dreams. I’m sorry I didn’t want your father to know. It’s not that I don’t love him. I really do. There are just some things I think is better not said.’

 

 


 

 

Hai~ :> I know I've been quite busy. Especially now that I go to school 6 times a week. I promise I'll try to update more. Plus, updates was so delayed because my flash drive, where I have most of my updates are got a virus from school. T^T Anyway, I'll really try my best to update. :p