Dreams

Choices

 

“Singer? Actress? Dancer? All around star?” Soojung answers to her friends when asked what she wants to be. She has high hopes and high dreams for herself. She had managed to apply in different universities, hoping she'd get in the Theater Arts Department.

 

“You dream too much,” Amber teases.

 

“There’s nothing wrong in dreaming big. It makes me work harder in order to achieve my goals,” Soojung smiles.

 

“Speaking of goals, your boyfriend’s there,” Jinri points and Jongin turns to her with a wave. They went to where Jongin and his friends were.

 

“Hey Soojung-ah, how are you?” Jongin asks, wrapping his arm on her waist.

 

“Good. Mom was in a good mood and decided to even make lunch for you,” Soojung says.

 

“Can’t wait for lunch then,” he says and takes Soojung’s lunchbox.

 

The others just talked with each other because they knew that sometimes the two could get a little lost. Soojung’s and Jongin’s friends are already friends with each other. It’s like they already belong to one group since the two got together. As the bell rings, they separate.

 

Their own classrooms were noisy as always. With only a quarter of school left, everyone’s hyped up. Results of college admissions will be out before they know it and each of them will be one step closer to their own dreams.

 

“Good morning class,” their teacher greets and the students lazily answer. “As many of you are aware of, we’re only a few months away before the school year ends. In a matter of those months, we’ll be able to see which universities will accept you and which among you will be graduating, but I hope you all will graduate.”

 

“When we graduate, let’s plan an out-of-town trip!” Soojung turns to her friends and the other four nods with excitement.

 

Meanwhile in Jongin’s class, the class is still noisy because the teacher hasn’t arrived.

 

“Yah! Kim Jongin, didn’t you pass an application for scholarships abroad?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I did. I passed scholar applications for dance in Japan, Australia and America. The auditions are these weekend. I also passed one in Korea University of the Arts,” he answered.

 

“What if you get accepted? What about Soojung?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“If I don’t pass the scholarships abraod, I'll be where Soojung is. We've passed our applications in the same universities to make sure we’d still be together. But if I get the scholarships abroad, we’ll talk about it. She said we’ll talk about it if I do pass. But as for the time I haven’t received any confirmation letter, we won’t talk about it. She dislikes talking about me having to go to another country,” Jongin explains.

 

“I really admire you and Soojung. Do you think you could last long?” Sehun teased.

 

“I hope we would last forever,” Jongin says, earning him grunts from his friends and remarks of him being cheesy.

 

Soojung and Jongin, just like any other high school students, have dreams of their own. They have dreams graduating high school and ending up in great universities of their choice. Having dreams of performing for a living and making a name for themselves. Dreams of one day, they’ll make a family with their lover. They have a family beside them who is always proud of them in doing what they can do.

 

But just like any other teenager out there, they get pressure. They get emotional and sensitive. They tend to be easily influenced. They can do stupid things and can even do mistakes.