Update 01

Obsession

       You awoke to the incessant beeping of your alarm clock and rolled over to slap it off. You sat up and groggily rubbed at your eyes, flashes of your dream invading your mind. It was strange and felt so real, but those things couldn't possibly happen and you decided not to eat before sleeping anymore, regardless of what your stomach had to say about it. Throwing the covers off of yourself you forced your legs off of the comfort of your mattress and onto the floor as you stood and groggily forced yourself to walk to your closet and pull out a clean uniform to dress yourself in.

 

       School, you dreaded it but knew that it would soon happen as you walked down the same familiar streets as any other day – only today you had a mission and as lazily as you were walking, the mission was still set in your mind. Yeo Hoonmin would face your wrath of questions until he provided solid and sufficient answers. Even though you were sure it was a dream, you were determined to have a reason to talk to him anyways. He was quiet and mysterious, or at least that's how you saw it. Back to determination, you walked through the front gates and up to the school.

 

       The hallways were the same and so were all the doors and stairwells, it was school and a good school but you didn't have time to think about the homework you would surely receive today. You opened the door to your classroom and were greeted by the smiles and waves of your friends of which you returned before setting your shoes in your cubby and making your way over to Hoonmin's desk. You placed a hand down on the edge and waited for him to look up from his textbook.

 

       "Yes?" he asked as he removed the glasses from his face and looked up at you. You hadn't been anticipating his nonchalant attitude and you were slightly attracted to his messy reddish brown hair and calm face, the features now standing out as you remembered why you were standing there in the first place

 

       "I was wondering if you would walk me home today?" you asked rather nervously. For some odd reason you felt that he wasn't as easy as other guys and that there was a chance of rejection. It wasn't often that you actually asked something like this of someone, it was usually more of an offer anyway.

 

       "You don't like walking alone?" He was being kind with this conversation, a light and playful tone to his voice as an irresistible, cute smile danced on his lips.

 

       "I'd rather walk with you." Your confidence was back and you returned his smile. "I mean we do live in the same direction," you added, not wanting to seem that you were really that interested in him. And you weren't; you were doing this for answers, answers to questions that didn't make sense and you would get to the bottom of this!

 

       "Alright. Sounds... interesting," he spaced out the words as he lightly bit the frame of his glasses.

 

       "I'll meet you by the gate after school then," you ended with a smile before retreating to your seat over by your friends. They frantically asked you why you were talking to him, he did just move there a couple of weeks ago and he didn't seem to actually talk to anyone so you used the easy excuse of being nice to the new kid. During classes you could help but steal glances at him, watching him write or read or just looking forward at the teacher. There was something different, something almost odd about him and you would find out what it was –

 

        Even if it killed you.