Update 02

Obsession

       School was out and you were waiting by the gate. You straightened your skirt then ran your fingers through your hair just to make sure nothing was knotted. It wasn't like you wanted to date him, so why were you putting forth the effort as if you were interested? He was approaching and you thought of smiling at his approaching form but decided to go with a neutral expression instead; you didn't want him to think that you were into him – though it was an option if your first approach didn't work.

 

       "I know you're not exactly the nicest girl, so why do you really want to walk with me?" He got straight to the point just a few steps outside of the gate. Intriguing, he was straight forward, you liked that. Behind that cutie face there had to be something more, something secret, something that you couldn't even try to guess at the moment as you studied the side of his face.

 

       "Well, I was just curious about a few things," you said cautiously, your gaze not wavering from his face as you analyzed what he could possibly be hiding and if you really could figure it all out.

 

       "A few things? Well go ahead and ask – I've got nothing to hide." He was very open, you liked that but he could still lie so you made sure to look for anything that would suggest he was lying.

 

       "Something strange happened to me last night as I was walking home," you started, if it wasn't a dream then he would surely have the answers. "Something attacked me," you said, his facial expression didn't change as you continued with your story. "It wasn't human, and you stabbed it with something that created a blue light just before it disappeared. So tell me, what was it?" You started small, not accusing him of being inhuman while still getting some of the answers that you would need to complete your analysis of the situation at hand.

 

       "Well there are many names but this isn't something you talk about in public unless you're mentally ill." He stopped and turned to look at you, his eyes hard as he glanced around to make sure no one was around. There was hardly anyone in sight but if he was being honest then you didn't exactly want to look crazy. "Tonight. Meet me where it happened," he said in a low voice before walking away. To someone who didn't know what was going on it might have looked like the two of you were a couple who had had a small argument.

 

       You shook your head and forced a neutral expression on your face even though the thought of having to wait for more answers was killing you on the inside. Your need for answers was overwhelming and you reminded yourself of homework and other things as you walked up to your house and went inside and straight to your bedroom. You would finish everything before sun down and then you would prepare for the night ahead.

 

        Yeo Hoonmin would reveal everything.