Update 04

Obsession

       The next day at school just confused you, Hoonmin hadn't said anything to you and there were still too many questions you needed to ask him, to understand. For example, What did he train for? Where did he train? Did your scent attract demons? How is he powerful enough to kill one? When was the lunch bell going to ring?

 

       The last one came to your stomach as you watched the clock, you had finished your work and just waited for the bell to release you from the classroom. Relief washed over you as it interrupted the teachers rambling and you were just about to stand up when a boy stopped you by sitting on your desk, your eyes lowered as you glared at Hoonmin.

 

       "Did you bring your lunch today?" he asked casually as if the two of you really were dating. This brought about more questions or rather statements, dating him was out of the question at this point.

 

       "Yes, I always bring my bento box, did you bring lunch?" you spoke slowly not exactly sure how to respond just yet.

 

       "I did today. We should start eating together and tomorrow you should bring me lunch, it would make us look more like a couple," he had said it. This was a sign that he was going to put forth effort to make this look like a real relationship but this was moving too fast for you.

 

       "Why should I make you lunch? We're not dating," you stated finally unaware of how this would play out, if it would be in your favor or not.

 

       "We weren't," he paused and leaned down close to you, "but now we are and if you want to continue living a comfy life you'll do as I say – otherwise it'll look weird." He sat up and swung his legs playfully back and forth. "Besides I'll buy ingredients for the lunches but if you prepare it then it's not suspicious that we're suddenly close as apposed to me sitting creepily by you eating my own homemade lunch." He smiled at you before hopping off your desk and heading towards his cubby at the back of the room to get his lunch.

 

       You stood and walked to the back of the classroom to follow suit before returning to your desk. Hoonmin on the other hand pulled the empty desk next to yours over to touch your desk and he sat down to eat with you.

 

       "Cozy, huh?" he asked, his smile dancing playfully. You couldn't help yourself and smiled back. The rest of the day was quiet until school ended, you wanted to ask him everything once you reached the gates but he interrupted your thoughts before you had a chance to voice them.

 

       "So do you want to hang out or do you want it to be only a facade at school?" he didn't seem to care about all the other things he talked about last night. It was starting to scare you that a person like him would act like a normal person.

 

       "If it's a facade it should stay as one. So no, I don't want to hang out with you." The idea was preposterous anyways so it didn't really matter.

 

       "Okay, but tomorrow night I need you, we're going hunting.” His face was serious again as it should be or how you thought it should be. Maybe he wasn't as serious as he seemed and he was starting to show his true, kind self. That thought dispersed immediately – he was Hoonmin; merciless demon hunter... or something.

 

       And that's how it would stay.

 

        You hoped.