Chapter 9

Underground Life
Taec and Chrissa walked into "the Studio" together. Chrissa was hoping that they would be able to enter unnoticed, but thanks to Mr. Perfect standing next to her, everyone's eyes immediately went to them. She saw Jay in the far back corner and quickly beelined to him, followed by Taec. Jay looked up from his phone and smiled at Chrissa. His smile faltered a bit when he saw Taec with her, but was reassured when Chrissa ran up and hugged him. She put her head on his shoulder and whisper-shouted in his ear, "Thank god you're here. This kid is so obnoxious I couldn't get rid of him and everyone was staring at us and all I wanted to do was not be noticed but he draws so much attention and I was so uncomfortable and I'm embarrassed because everyone-" Jay cut her off "Chrissa..." "Yeah?" "Shut up" Chrissa chuckled and backed out of the hug. "Sorry" Taec, who obviously felt extremely awkward chimed in, "Hey. I'm still here." "Oh right." Everytime Chrissa saw Jay she just got so excited. just kept babbling on and she had no idea what she was talking about because her mind was too caught up with thoughts of Jay. She couldn't help grinning from ear to ear. Quickly and unenthusiastically, she made her introductions and the boys exchanged a half hearted handshake. "So, is this like one of those street gang meeting places like in the movies?" Taec knew very well that this was an Underground but he didn't want anyone to know that he actually cared about this stuff. "Is this kid for real?" Anyone could tell that Jay was not the biggest fan of Taec. "No Taec. This is "the Studio" a little place I like to call home. Definitely not a 'street gang meeting place' like you think," Chrissa answered. Jay and Chrissa took off to go work on routines and Taec was left alone, standing there, scratching his head in confusion.