Chapter 3

Underground Life

Chrissa couldn't wait til lunch. For some reason, she was just always thinking about food. She wasn't overweight, but she ate all the time. Like every chance she got. Upon receiving her schedule, she didn't really think much about it. The honors kids weren't popular or cool, but they were nice people and hardworking. She valued those traits way more than popularity or looks. She didn't mind having lots of classes with them. 

After going to 6 periods, 6th period being her free period, she realized that that one boy, Taecyeon, was in all of her classes so far. Her and Taecyeon went way back. Their parents were really close friends. Her and Taec used to be best friends, but when her mom died, her father kinda started to focus more on his work. Their parents slowly lost touch, and now, Taec didn't even remember she existed. 

Of course, she would never forget him because unfortunately, she had had a huge crush on him when she was little. But then he turned into a prep, and she turned to The Studio, and they drifted apart. Now, she hated him. She hated all the preps. She hated how they thought they knew everything and how they thought that they controlled the school. How they thought that everyone loved them and whatever they said was true. They were so narrowminded and the only things they cared about was looking good and partying. But Chrissa and her friends had actual dreams and goals. They had great hearts and great souls. That's why they were all friends. 

Thinking back on how she used to like Taec made her want to puke. But it also made her sad at how much they had changed. All the time, she wished that she could just go back to how it used to be when she was little. When her mother was alive and her dad actually payed attention to her. When things were simple. 

During her free period, Chrissa went to The Studio for a bit. The Studio was really close to her school and she could walk there in 5 minutes. Jay, Moon, and YongGuk were there when she arrived with Dok2. 

"Yoh Wassup Brothah?" Dok2 pulled Jay into one of those man hugs that guys seemed to like so much. 

"So Chrissa," Moon began, "How was your first day of second semester? Did you get your schedule?"

"No," replied Dok2 sarcastically, "She walked around school for the whole day and didn't know any of her schedules."

"Shut Up!" Said Moon

Chrissa laughed and said, " Yeah I got it. My classes are OK. But I have all of them with Taec. Well almost all of them. At least I can count on HipHop to let me be with friends. Man I'm so excited for that class! Since Ms. Derth said I can be captain, I have a whole bunch of ideas for routines."

"You're getting that look again," said Jay.

"What look?"

"That sparkle in your eye when you talk about dance."

"Shut up. I don't get a sparkle." 

Chrissa lowered her head and could feel her face getting hot. She hated it when Jay would just randomly compliment her. Well, of course she liked getting compliments, but they always made her feel so awkward. 

All the boys started laughing and started talking about their crews. It was weird, they were all best friends, but each person had their own crew. Instead of just being one crew. YongGuk was in a group called Soul Connection along with Maslo and other people. Moon was starting up a crew called IaMmE. Jay and Dok2 wanted to do some collab work. But Jay was also in a dance crew called Art Of Movement. Out of all the crews, Chrissa was closest wth AOM only because Jay would drag her to all their practices. 

Too soon, 6th period was over and she had to run to get to HipHop in time. 

When she got there, what she saw made her want to go to a corner and cry. Hip Hop was HER place, apart from The Studio, that let her escape those evil kids at school. The ones that always made fun of her for being underground. It was her place to let loose and be herself. To get away from the preps that always thought they knew best. But when she walked in, she saw Lina, Nali, the students from last semester, new faces, and none other than Nichkhun and Taecyeon.

Their eyes widened when they saw her. Nichkhun smirked and whispered something to Taecyeon, who laughed. Chrissa glared at them and walked in with her head held high. 

"OK guys, Ms. Derth selected me to be the captain, so I guess ya'll be listening to me." She paused to look at every person. It was only 10 kids in total. Unfortunately, not many people were able to get into AP hip hop, so that was probably why Taec and Nick got into it in the first place. Chrissa really didn't mind them being in there if they were good. As long as they kept their mouth shut and showed some respect. 

"So, we'll start off with some freestyle so I can see what we're working with. Lina, Nali, will you start the music. I guess I'll go first, is everyone already stretched?"

Everyone nodded except for the two prep-losers in the back. They looked completely clueless as to what was going on. 

"Wait a minute, we have to stretch? But we're guys!" Nichkhun said.

Chrissa rolled her eyes. "Uh yeah we have to stretch, do you want to pull a muscle?"

"How can you pull a muscle? It's just dance."

Those kind of things made Chrissa's blood boil. 

"It's not just dance. Dance is a sport and an art. It takes not just your body to dance, but your mind and soul as well. To dance well, it takes your full amount of energy and commitment. If you don't want to be here, leave. But if you stay, I'm the boss around here, so be prepare to respect me fully. And I will show you by the end of this class, that dance is not 'just dance'." 

Lina and Nali whooped in the background, making Chrissa laugh.

"Ok ready? Go."

Chrissa started her freestyle. She got totally lost in the music and forgot that there were other people in the room. When she starts dancing, she can't stop. She stared at only herself in the mirror, because when she danced, it was only about her. She felt the beat pulsing through her whole body. The way dance made her feel was like electricity. Every isolation was clean and every move flowed into eachother. She was good. She knew it. This was the only thing she was good at. The only the thing she knew how to do. And it made her feel happy. That's why she loved to dance. 

The only reason she stopped was because Nali had stopped the music. Everyone clapped except for, of course, Taec and Nick, who were texting. Chrissa ignored them because after dancing, she was in a much better mood.

Lina went next followed by Nali. Finally everyone had danced and all that was left were Nick and Taec. Nick went first and to everyone's disbelief, he was really good. He had good interpretation of the music and good rhythm. His moves were clean and sharp. He really surprised everyone. 

At Taec's turn, he also shocked everyone. He was actually a really good dancer. He could breakdance, pop and lock, everything. But of course, Ok Taecyeon could do anything. 

Chrissa was disappointed after seeing them dance. She was hoping that she would be able to kick them out, but doing that would only hurt the class. And as a captain, it was her responsibility to do what was best for the class. It didn't matter if she liked the people in it. 

She sighed and packed up her things. She was about to leave when Taec stopped her. 

"Hey, you were really good. Thanks for letting us stay in this class. Maybe we can hang out some time."

"Whatever," Chrissa replied unenthusiastically. "I'm just doing it because, even though I hate to admit it, you're good. I'm not doing it because I like you so don't even get the remotest idea that I do. I don't like you. We will never be friends. So just don't talk to me unless its about this class. Bye."

And with that, she turned around and left to catch up with Lina and Nali. 


Hey Hey!!! Do you likeee? OMIGOSH I'm like freaking out because BAP's teaser is coming out tomorrow!!! The teaser pics were so amazing!!! ZELO!! slkdja gh I just can't. It was too hot. Kay Byez love you!

--Kpopwarrior6