Chapter 6

Underground Life

School once again, was its usual boring self. Through all of Taecyeon's classes, he just stared at the teachers pretending to pay attention. In every period, as soon as he sat down, he would let his mind wander to 7th period AP hip hop. All he could think about was dance. It was so weird. He hated the people in hip hop class-- excluding Nichkhun, although he also got annoying at times-- and the "captain" was a . He'd never thought about dance before, and it wasn't exactly a manly sport-- well at least that's what he was led to believe--, so why did he keep thinking about it?

He had spent all his time at home looking up dance videos and trying new moves. He even forgot to do his homework, which was ok because he could always get one of the nerd herd to do it for him. He had never gotten so into something before. This wasn't like him at all. It was new territory. But he kinda liked it. His mind wandered a little further back to the day before during 7th period.

He kept thinking about Chrissa and how great of a dancer she was. How come he had never seen that side of her before. She would always sit in the back of the room, occasionally taking out her phone, but never a single expression. The most emotion he had seen out of her was while she was dancing. It was amazing how into it she became. It was like the moves just flowed out of her. No, they weren't moves anymore. When she danced, she danced her feelings. There was no calculations or figuring it out, she just danced what she felt and that was what made him so mesmerized by her.

Taecyeon shook his head. No. He could not be thinking these thoughts. It was unnatural. Was he some kind of weird alien life form? Who would like her? She was always hiding her face in the shadows, and it was hard to tell what kind of body she had under the loose uniforms they had to wear. She wasn't anything special at all. Not like him. No he was too good for her; he was way out of her league. In no way was he going to lower his standards for a girl like her. 

During free period, Taecyeon could not sit still. He was anxiously waiting for the bell for 7th period to ring, and finally, it did. He rushed to the hip hop room, but at the last second, right in front of the door, he waited. He didn't want to seem to excited for this class. He wanted to make it seem like he could care less if he was in it or not. So, he waited until 5 minutes after the late bell. Nichkhun was slowly strolling down the hallways, so they walked into the class together. Chrissa glared at them, but said nothing. 

"Ok," Chrissa began "Now that everyone is here," She paused to glare at Nickhun and Taecyeon again, "we can actually begin class. I'm really sorry. I told you that we were going to start our dance today, but I totally lost my spark. But don't worry I'll get it back tonight. So for today, we can talk about ideas and I'll teach you some old combinations I know."

A junior raised their hand.

"Are we going to do any competitions this year?"

"Well, due to funding issues, I don't think we can. Unless, we want to have some kind of fundraiser or something. I could always ask my dad, but he isn't so fond of me taking dance, so that's kind of a bad idea."

Everyone in the class "Aww'd" 

"I'm sorry guys."

Tentatively, Taecyeon began to state an idea. "I know how we can make some money. We can like have a charity performance or something. I actually have some ideas for a routine?"

Chrissa raised an eyebrow and ignored him.

"Come on, Chrissa. Give the boy a chance." Lina called out.

Chrissa crossed her arms, sighed and said, "Fine, Taec, go ahead. What's your idea?"

That was all Taecyeon needed. As soona as Chrissa asked him that, he went off like a rocket. He was spilling out ideas and concepts left and right. Some of them, he could tell, Chrissa actually thought were good. And for some reason, he felt proud of himself. Nichkhun, on the other hand, looked totally horrified to see Taecyeon so into this kind of thing. 

"Wow," Chrissa said. "You sure know how to talk. You're like an engine, as soon as you start you don't stop. Um. But I admit, you did have some pretty good ideas, so I'll go home tonight and think up a routine. For now do you all want to learn a routine?"

Everyone nodded. Chrissa took out her iPod and plugged it into the sound system. She started playing a song that was familiar to everyone in the room. It was Stronger by Kanye West. 

She demonstrated the routine with Lina, Nali, and another senior. Taecyeon had to say, it was really cool. It was just so chill and fun, he couldn't wait to learn it. Of course, he had to hide his enthusiasm for sake of his pride and reputation. 

"Ok, so everyone grab a partner and we'll start learning."

Trying to act reluctant, Taecyeon sulked to the floor with Nichkhun and pretended not to pay attention to the moves. But really, he was paying attention to every single detail. 

When he got home, he just kept replaying the song and doing the dance again and again and again and again. It was so addicting, and as he danced to it, he completely lost track of time. He only remembered that he had to go to the dinner with his dad when his brother asked him why he wasn't dressed yet.

Hastily, Taecyeon threw on a suit and combed his hair to the side with gel. He put on these circled glasses that he really hated to wear, but his father claimed it made him look more professional. If anyone ever saw him like that, his life would be over. He took off the glasses, messed up his hair, and decided that he would fix it when he got to the restaraunt. He could not stand being dressed like that. 


Hi guys!! Thought I'd share with you the picture that inspired the last paragraph. 

LOL OMG I love them. But i that Chansung on the left? He's looking FIIIINNEEE!!! OK anyways. I was jkjk sorta. It was actually an even funnier picture of Taecyeon's predebut, but I couldn't seem to find it... Anyone want to find it for me? IT was in one of the Idol Army episode. But if these pictures are ruining your image of our beautiful Ok Taecyeon, just imagine this picture for the rest of the story:

 or  or 

OMGOMG Taecyeon why are yous o freaking ADORABLE!!!!!????????

OKOK I'm focused now. Kay Byez! Love you

--Kpopwarrior6