Chapter 7

Underground Life

For the dinner, Chrissa's father had told her to dress nicely. She much rathered jeans and a tank top, but in her dad's book, that was not formal enough. Pfft She thought. She hated all those rich people and how they thought that they had to dress fancy and formal all the time. She hated that they thought they were so great and anyone earning less then them was trash. She put on a purple evening gown and threw on a black cardigan. Afterwards, Chrissa found some black wedges that she her aunt had given her. She'd never worn them before, so she had no idea how she was going to be able to walk in them. She curled her hair into loose curls and did her makeup. Finally, she dug out the biggest bag she could find. After some more rummaging around, she filled the bag with more comfortable clothes and her favorite pair of Nike shoes. 

Chrissa's father called her downstairs, and she clumsily made her way to the first floor. It took her a while, but finally she got used to walking in the wedges. 

"You look great," her father said, "Now let's go."

Chrissa climbed into the black Mercedes Benz, and they drove off. In the car, they barely spoke. Only once, when she had asked which restaraunt they were going to. When they got to the restaraunt, a text to her dad's cell phone told them that the other family was already there. Gracefully they walked inside with her hand on his arm. The waitress led them to a table of three. The family stood up, and when she saw the face of their son, she almost choked on her spit. Standing there, was Ok Taecyeon. But this was not a Taecyeon she had seen before. He was wearing a suit and tie. His hair was slicked back, and he was wearing a pair of rounf glasses. He looked almost identical to his father. Chrissa grinned. She was trying to keep from laughing and her chest started to hurt. Before she could break, she purposely dropped something and crouched down to pick it up. Out of sight for the moment, she took the time to let out all her laughs. 

When she came back up, everyone was seated in a chair. The only seat left was across from Taecyeon at the end of the table. Their parents were already engrossed in a conversation, completely forgetting about their children. Taecyeon looked mortified at the fact that Chrissa had seen him looking like that. Hastily, he messed up his hair and took off the glasses, making Chrissa smirk. 

"What" Taecyeon asked harshly.

"Nothing, you just look ridiculous." 

"Do not"

"Do too." 

Afterwards, they didn't speak at all. It was extremely awkward that they were meeting outside of school. Both of them hated eachother, so what was there to talk about? At least, that was their excuse for not talking to eachother. 

The food came and they both started eating in silence. Glancing up a few times and looking away quickly so they wouldn't be caught. A few times, their eyes met, and when they did, their eyes would grow wide and they would clear their throats and turn back to their food. 

Chrissa kept looking at her phone to check the time. It was 7:00. She needed to be at The Studio at 8:15. The Studio was a ten minute drive. But the problem was, she didn't know if she could even get a ride. She could always walk, but that would take a while. However, if she left at 7:30, she could just make it. But it was cold out, and dangerous. She ate her food quickly. At 7:20, Jay texted her. 

Hey babe, are you coming today?

Yeah I am, I'm going to leave soon. At a dinner party with the father and friends. 

Do you want me to pick you up?

Jay, you don't have a car.

I know, I was just kidding. :)

Chrissa smiled at the text. Jay was THE cutest thing to ever walk the planet. She was so lucky to have him. She couldn't believe that someone as perfect as him would actually have feelings for her. She wished he would just ask her out. Many times, she almost had the nerve to ask him out. But she always lost her courage at the last moment because if he wasn't asking her out, there must be some reason why he didn't want to go out with her. What if he said no?


O mi Gosh guys! SORRYYY for not updating for so long!!! I've been really busy, and I guess I kinda lost my inspiration. Like, do you guys really like the story? I'm thinking about maybe deleting it. It's so stupid, and like I don't think you guys like it :(. Well anyways I guess it doesn't matter, but yeah. KAY BYEZ Love you!

--Kpopwarrior6