Chapter 5

Underground Life

Chrissa's dad woke her up himself the next morning. Chrissa screamed, as she was not used to someone waking her up. 

"Chrissa, tonight I have a very important meeting with an old family friend. They expect you to come, so dress nicely." And with that, he left, leaving Chrissa sitting on her bead sleepy-eyed and confused. 

Finally, the words registered in her head. She was going to have to go to a dinner tonight. With her father. And some other family she didn't know. She was a bit suspicious about the "old family friend" part. Her father didn't have friends. More than likely, this was a business oppurtunity rather than a reunion. If it was of business, there was no way Chrissa could skip it without getting severely scolded back at home. The problem was, she really really wanted to go to The Studio that night. She had had plenty of ideas for their dance yesterday, but when she got home, she was so flustered and annoyed at the two prep-losers that she had completely lost all her inspiration. She was hoping that going to The Studio would reinspire her and get more images into her mind. 

However, if she was lucky, the family they were meeting up with would have a son. Preferably one with a car and a license. She could turn her flirt on and get him to drive her to The Studio. That would be her plan. It wasn't like she was a or anything and would flirt with any guy, but sometimes, it was a real emergency, and as they say, if you got it, flaunt it. Right?

Chrissa went downstairs to the kitchen. She downed a glass of orange juice, ate a piece of toast, grabbed an apple, and was out the door. Dok2 had gotten his car taken away because of his late nights at The Studio. So, Lina and Nali were waiting outside on the sidewalk with their skateboards. Chrissa got hers and they skated off to school. 

"MM GIrl, I seriously cannot get over how humongo your house is!"

"Word Up Homie. She's got a point."

"Come on guys, its not that big."

"Kay, if that's not big, then what is my house? A doghome?"

Chrissa ignored them and skated forward, leaving them behind. The girls laughed and sped up to catch with her.

"Are you going to the Studio tonight?" Nali asked.

"Sorry can't. My dad's making me go to this stupid dinner. But I'll try to get out of it. I really need to get some ideas for our dance."

"But just yesterday you were saying that you had all these great ideas."

"I know. I lost them. It happens."

At school, Chrissa couldn't concentrate. She was getting less and less sleep by the day. When she got home from the Studio everyday, it was about 12 AM. Then, she had to basically care for the whole house on her own. She did her dad's and her own laundry, washed the dishes and cleaned all the rooms. After, she would have to get all her projects and homework done. She really only got 5 hours of sleep a day, and it was starting to take its toll on her. 

She constantly dozed off in class, causing her to miss assignments or important information. Her grades were definitely not where they used to be. And she was scared. She wanted to do good in school, because getting bad grades would mean having to stop going to The Studio, And she could not give that up not ever. 


Omigosheee. Super super short chapter. Sorry! SOMEBODY was yelling at me to go downstairs and eat dinner so I couldn't concentrate while i was writing this. So yeah. I'll try to update later today. Kay Byez! Love you

--Kpopwarrior6