A roller coaster ride...

Apples, Aim and Love

Long awaited chapter~ enjoy!

After class, Takahiro stared at me intensely. I didn’t really know how to react but I guess it was only natural for him to act like this. Since this is how I designed him.

“What?” I asked with a smile on my face.

“How are you?” he asked smoothly and emotionlessly.

“I m good~” I replied as my heart skipped a beat.

He was looking at me in such in innocent way, it felt like I was getting drawn towards him. A millimeter towards him seemed like a meter, but still I was inching towards him every second.

“Wanna go and watch a movie?” he asked.

I nodded as a reply. He grabbed my hand and whisked me away with a huge grin on his face. My heart raced at the sudden adrenaline that was put into my bloodstream. It was the first time ever in my online life that I felt so excited and happy.  

“Try not to trip. we’re going to run faster now!”

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my mouth. Takahiro was a breath of fresh air in this boring program.

After a lot of intense running, we arrived in front of the lively cinema. It was filled with people, mostly couples hugging each other and talking without a clue of what was going on around them. The building was a stripy mix of black and burgundy. The colors matched each other like soul mates. The contrast was clear and vibrant and it gave the building a sense of modern architecture. 

I stared up at Takahiro expecting him to be staring back at me with the same passion as I. But it was the complete opposite… He was staring at the other couples who were walking past us with great concentration. He glared at me in return of my love dazed eyes.

“I think you need to change some of your body features…” he muttered under his breath with a cheeky grin on his face.

It was obvious that it was a joke. Nonetheless, the whole thing hit me like a huge brick travelling at the speed of sound, straight towards my face.

I slightly hung my head towards the ground, completely offended by his so called joke. When out of nowhere Takahiro’s lips were locked with mine. The sensation was new and different. Yet I still felt an essence of de ja vu. Our breaths were in sync and slowly as he moved closer to me my heart started beating so hard that I was sure that he could hear it. The never ending race of my heartbeat, were blocking out all of the loud noise pollution of the lovey-dovey couples and the loud advertisements and all I could here was the loud thumping of my heart, along with the sweet tempo of Takahiro’s breath.

He stared at me with a sweet smile on his face, I didn’t know why but… whenever I looked at his beautiful brown eyes I felt the girl that I never was. My back straightened and my eyes lit up and the rush of confidence kicked in out of nowhere. My body moved without me even realizing. My lips quickly pushed against his cheek and ran at full spirit towards the cinema. Pushing past everyone with a huge grin on my face and occasionally looking back at Takahiro to see his face once more to make sure that he was real.

A warm continuous breath repeated itself. Was now millimeters away from my ears, it paused for a while and whispered “You’re only tricking yourself…”

A sudden cold jolt jumped through my nervous system and all of the hairs on my back stood up as if my soul sensed an evil presence nearby. I was confused, scared even and slightly worried about him. He seemed too real to be a computer program. His reactions and his expressions were far too human, that the technological capabilities of 2XXX.

I silently followed his footsteps as we walked into the viewing screen, to watch the latest movie called “Happy Porret and the Goblet of Water”. The movie had already started… the loud bangs and explosions played as I walked past him. The silence between us was deadly, like a war zone. The sounds from the movie made it seem like that there was a silent war between me and him. An attack after an attack, but with no clear motive or winner.