The bitter truth...

Apples, Aim and Love

The next morning, I did my usual thing. Got up, washed myself, brush my teeth and then I would normally go and eat breakfast. Well a bowl of cereal more like.  This time it was different, there was someone else in the house and you know what it was nice. It was like the days when I was still with my mom and dad, the smell of fresh cooking, though I knew that this was Japanese cooking. It was still nice knowing that someone cared for you.

“Wow! That smells really nice. Let me guess traditional Japanese breakfast and I’m sure that there is rice somewhere!” I said with a happy look on my face.

“Mm, I guess.” He didn’t seem very happy at all though his eyes were the same calm blue when I peered at his face from his right.

He closed his eyes and his eyebrows showed that he was starting to get irritated. I sat down at the kitchen table and reached for the bowl and cereal that was placed on there, and stared at the bowl. I wondered about my choices that I had put into him, if it was ok or if I had made a good choice about him, since I thought that he was acting a little strange. It wasn’t anything like what they had on the adverts, so much for 100% loyalty huh? To be honest I guess this BOT still had human traits and you couldn’t completely control it. I mean what kind of BOT gets up and makes food for itself?

“Hey, have you made some for me?” I asked, but not hoping much.

He didn’t reply, so I got up and went over to the fridge to get some milk. I was sure that there wasn’t anything in there in evening apart from a carton of milk.

“Hey did you get some food last night?” I asked as I had gotten confused.

“Well you didn’t have anything in there.” He quietly said with seriousness in his voice.

I turned around and looked back at the cute little mahogany table with beautiful indents carved onto it, just like a drawing. But it didn’t have my bowl where I had placed it and in its stead was a bowl of rice filled over the brim and separate dished with fried sardines, tamago yaki (Fried egg, a bit like an omelet.) and other dished that I had never seen before. The aroma filled my nose and tingled my senses into a whole new level. I thought to myself –man alive was it right to give him good cooking skills!-.

“Waa! Thank you! Oh wait I know this one . Arigatou gozaimasu!” After I had said that I was sure that I had seen a smile appear on his face.

I lifted the beautiful chopsticks that lay beside the serving platter. Then picked up one of the golden yellow egg rolls that looked so nice, when Takahiro stopped me right when it was about to enter my mouth.

“Do you have no respect? Say you’re thanks first. I’m sure you’ve seen it in enough animes.” He said with a dull expression, looking quite disappointed.

“Aah! Gomen! Itadakimasu! (Means I will eat or gesturing thanks to the person who made it or served it.)” I said ignoring his hateful face and gave him a smile in return.

Finally I was able to bite into this beautiful professionally made egg roll and the sardines that was the best of its kind. Cooked in a very special way, that was perfected over thousands of years throughout the Japanese history. It took Takahiro and me about ten minutes to eat all of it. In the end I was very satisfied and felt like a lazy cat that was lying on the sun.

Just when I was getting comfortable on the couch, Takahiro took my arm and hoisted me up to my feet and said “It’s time for school.”

“Wa, wa wait a minute! You go to my school? Since when?” I asked with a shocked look on my face though I knew that this was probably what I chose but you know it’s different!

“Huh? Didn’t you know? I’m a transfer from Japan.” He said.

I just nodded and followed him into the garage, when I realized he was still holding my hand. It was warm and soft though it has number of scars and cuts on them. Which was very worrying, I didn’t know what happened during the time before he came into this house.  There was a blue drag car in my garage that I had never seen before. The beautiful sport car, had red flames coming from the sides and had beautiful interior lighting that was still on even though the engine hadn’t been yet. 

“Come on, let’s go. Remember no skipping school.” He said with a smile on his perfect face.

I hesitantly entered the car. It was clean and smelt new. Like no one had even sat on its perfect white leather seats. Then in the corner of my eye, I saw Takahiro smiling at me.

“Come on we’ll be late.” He said.

“You’re doing this because of my choices right?” I said with my face pointing to the car seat.

“Why ask, when you already know?”

“I guess, I shouldn’t have asked. It’s just that you acted like you were actually human.”

The reality of this hit me like a bucket of ice cold water. There was no future, in us and there never will be a normal future. There will be no real children, no real family. If I were to fall in love with him, then everything that I planned will come to a halt.