The Reward

Apples, Aim and Love

I was walking up to my Honda civic that was modified to look exactly as I wanted with the help of the local chip library. You see in this world, you can just go into a library look for the chips such as imagination, speed or power. Some people call them ability cards or even the magic store. I doubt if any of them have actually realized that they’re in a program and not in real life.  Any way back to my car… Where was I? Oh customization! Well if you choose the chip called design, it gives you the ability to make a clear image in your head and the let it slide into the program world. I’ve got to admit it is handy. To be honest, it costs loads. And in my low rank robot, money is hard to find. Even though it was meant to be the perfect life. I guess I got the glitchy one huh? Well who cares, as long as I have a rich future I shouldn’t have to complain. As I got into my black civic that had a sports feel to it, not to mention the amazing interior that was filled with red leather, TV screens and LED lights everywhere. Someone in a black suit, most likely one of the surveillance bots that usually monitor the system tapped me on the shoulder as I crouched down.

“Excuse me miss, we have found issues with your robot. I’ve come here to give you the terms and conditions that have been edited for you.” the tall muscular figure asked with a gentle voice.

“Sure shoot!” I said.

“The HQ has realized that your robot has been unable to be fixed, but in return we are going to let you have 20 limited edition items. You will have the latest products from the IC corp. This will include a card for unlimited access for ability cards and clothing items.” He continued on with his rant on my freebie items. “I believe that this also includes the latest the second life form bots that will be able to be designed by you for you. All of this will be in your house by the time you have returned from school.” And within seconds he was gone.

I thought that they were joking since the second life form bots were just advertised yesterday and have been said to be very expensive even for those people who have registered to have a rich account. But they were complaining about how it was so unfair at school. Nevertheless I headed for school. The roads were empty just the way I wanted it, I m sure that other people are driving next to me but the system has put us in different dimensions. It is clever in a way.

It was the normal day, with the sun shining down on us and the cool gentle breeze that seemed to have a life of its own as it flew in the empty space of this world. One of my few friends ran towards me as if something was wrong.

“Oh my god! Anko! I heard about it!” CL said in her stressy voice.

“Heard what?” I said with one eye brow raised.

“Well you know! There was a message sent to me from Minzy saying that your money was running out! Is that even possible? I thought that money was a never ending thing.” She scratched her head, showing that she absolutely did not know what was happening.

“Argh WHY CL? WHY! Why do you listen to that Minzy? Don’t you remember what she did to you? She nearly freaking killed you! And so what if my frigging money is running out?? I’ll just go and get a job! ” I shouted just at hearing that rotten Minzy’s name.

“Umm, sorry Anko, I know you hate her but I think she was really worried about you this time, you know?” she replied in an innocent voice as she started to cry.

“I know that’s what you think but I know what she’s really like. I’ve known her ever since I was two and believe me she will never change her ways. She would give up her friends any day of the week.”

“I just don’t want to see you hurt, like I was.” I hugged her, so that I wouldn’t see her tears.

CL was like a sister to me, she didn’t choose to come here. It was all her dad’s idea.  He had seen the advert just like so many other people, but they chose to wipe their memory while they were in this project, so they don’t remember anything. They see this as normal life and not a project I guess it’s easier that way. I guess… But she knew about it before, until that Minzy betrayed us. I’m sure that her robot was disturbed by that Minzy. I mean when we come into here our looks are changed to what we want and only a few know or even remember their own looks.

After CL had stopped crying we entered our classroom, and what a hell it was. Every day we study the normal mathematics, English and science. With the occasional special lessons if want to do them.  Over all you could say that school is only 4 hours. Everything else is partying and wasting time with the people that you think you know. But guess what? Today is the day for me to go home straight away and go check out my new gadgets from the HQ. * I giggled in delight*

CL who was sitting next to me said to me “Hey what’s up with you? It’s rare that you giggle at any time.”

“Well you see. You know how I was saying that maybe there was a glitch in my LAPTOP.” I said and she nodded in return. “Well, the HQ have said that they are going to give me 20 new items that have been just released! Including the SLFBs!!!”

“SLFB???” she asked?

“YEAH THE SECOND LIFE FORM BOTS!!” she gasped as I spoke the words I thought I would never be able to say.

“I am so coming with you!” she said.

We headed to my house, while we spoke about how amazing the SLFB’s will be like.  But we have never thought about how over whelming the SLFBs would be in anyone’s imagination.