Transfer? Really?

Apples, Aim and Love

The drive to school was silent, but still I felt nice. Sitting next to Takahiro calmed me down, I guess that was another one of my choices.  I still couldn’t believe how nice the car was, I was sure that I picked normal in richness, oh well.

“Hey Anko this is our school?” Takahiro asked.

“Yeah, though it may look grand and expensive. It is the worst place in this world…” I sighed.

“It’s gunna get a lot better now that I’m here!” he said enthusiastically and with a grin on his face.

Takahiro grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the main gate of the school. My school was the stereotypical grand, French looking school. You know, the towers and the different sections, a bit like a mini palace.

“Anko, I can’t believe we’re going to be in a place like this every day! I guess it will be nice to have someone I know here already.”

I was really upset that someone like him was just a mere robot. Takahiro seemed so innocent, even though we had that incident in his mind. He is just an ideal boyfriend. However, with the knowledge of how I really felt. Well at least that’s what it said on the advert.

Takahiro was talking to me about who club he should join and what kind of things we should do together, which made my heart race at times.

“Hey! Why are you with him? I think you should know your limits Anko!” someone shouted behind me.

I turned around and saw the image of an angel, blonde hair that shone like the sun, perfect blue eyes that resembled the sky and a pretty little dress, that was well… Lolita style? I looked at her closely, but there was something missing for her to be an angel. Her face was twisted with anger and her eyebrows were pointing. This was the face of a devil. I wondered to myself, how someone so pretty and petite could have such an evil face.

“Did you not hear me, ugly?” she spoke out of frustration.

“Hmm, I really wonder how someone could look so much like a devil…” I mumbled.

“What was that?!”

The girl was nearly screaming her head off at what I had just said. People who were passing by gave me a pitiful look, it made me worry a lot, and the fact that Takahiro was standing behind me didn’t help much.

I think we should leave… Right about…. NOW!” Takahiro whispered in my ear.

Before I could realize anything, I was getting chased by this crazy girl in an old fashioned dress and being pulled by a robot guy. My arm was getting strained by the pulling. The force was increased by the speed that he ran in. Un-human, was the word to describe him. It felt like you were getting pulled by a horse or something. Eventually we stopped in front of the library, when it was obvious that the girl couldn’t run any longer.

She still had the breath left to say something, “Why, did, you have, to run? I was, going to ask you for your name stupid!”

She was completely out of breath, it was a real big shock that she could actually keep up with this monster of a runner.

“Why didn’t you say so earlier? You just seemed so threatening with that face of yours.” Takahiro said with a pout on his face.

“That was… Because I just fell… Down after eating… A really bad cake!”  She was really struggling to speak now.

I guess what she said was true since her face was back to normal, but now the problem was the fact that everyone in the library was staring at us. The librarian gave me an evil look as I met her sharp black eyes.

“Maybe we should talk in the canteen?” I suggested.

All three of had seemed to realized the fact that we weren’t wanted in the library this loud, so early in the morning.

“What was your name?” I asked as we walked through the school corridors which seemed to be empty today.

“My name is Angelica Tennouji. I’m a transfer student from Japan.”

“Aah, you’re same as Takahiro here! He just came over yesterday, his renting a room in my house.” I said proudly, as if to show off.

Takahiro smiled at me then bowed towards Angelica’s direction.

“I knew something was there between you two, come on what kind of relationship do you have with each other?” she asked with a cheeky smile.

“Nothing really…” I said when Takahiro broke in.

“We’ve just started going out so don’t shout it around ok?”

Takahiro put his arm around me and smiled sweetly. I was sure that I was happy, since that’s what he was designed for right? Plus, his and ikemen (ikemen is a Japanese word for a good looking boy or a man.), what could go wrong?

“Aah, yeah sure. We just started going out two days ago. So we don’t want to make a big deal out of it.” I said awkwardly as I gave evils towards Takahiro.

“Ah! The bell went. Well Angelica I’ll see you at the front gate after school? We’ll walk back together.” I said and pulled Takahiro towards the school staff room.

“Since when did we start going out?” I asked sarcastically.

“Since I said we were!” Takahiro replied.

“Well whatever. It’s not like I can have a relationship with a robot. You know what happened at the end of that drama Absolute Boyfriend. I cried my eyes out. I don’t want to end up like that.”

“Excuse me. This is the transfer student yes?” asked our homeroom teacher.

“Yeah. Will he be in our class?” I asked.

“Yes he will, since you already know him, why not.” The teacher said with a smile.

The teacher walked in front of us as we went to class. He told Takahiro to wait outside so that he could introduce himself to the class. It kind of felt nostalgic in a way. The way that new students come in to the class, people ask questions and you start making new friends.

“You can sit next to Anuka on the back row.” The teacher said.

 I knew that from here on, nothing will be easy like it was before. I had to deal with things that I wasn’t involved in. Get to know people who I haven’t talked to for the past year and make new friends.  Who would probably end up hurting me near the end.

This was the begging of the bitter sweet moment of my life and the activation of the robots in a way that I would have never imagined.