14

The Perfect Two... Or is it?

***Sungjae's POV***

 

"Why is my brother dressing up? Where are you going?" Soomin stood at the door and peeped in. I made eye contact with her through the mirror and adjusted my shirt. "I'm going out on a date." "Bwoh?!" she said and sat on my bed. Obviously she's shocked since I've never been on a date before. I know right, me, a guy, never been on a date before. "Jinjja? With who? It's Sunday, I thought you were meeting Eun Mi for Starbucks?" she asked, resting her right hand against her chin and laid down on my bed facing me. "Nah, she had something on with Bong Cha today," I said. "So?" she asked again. "So, so what?" I answered, not knowing what she was talking about. "So who is that lucky girl??" she cupped her cheeks together. "Oh! Nobody, just a friend I knew in school, Boyun." I didn't even look at her and continued adjusting my shirt. I saw Soomin reluctantly getting off from my bed and walked over to me. "You look great already oppa, no need to worry. Have fun on your first date," she gave me a peck on the cheek and walked out of my room. I smirked as I watch her walk out. This is going to be a breeze.

 

Not.

I was waiting for Boyun at the exact spot I had waited for Eun Mi. The nerves had started to kick in, oh why do I have to reach first? This is so frustrating and scary at the same time. I breathed in the cold and fresh air when I heard a voice coming from behind me. "Sungjae?" the voice called out. My breath stopped for a minute as I turned around. There she was, Boyun, standing infront of me, looking beautiful in just a simple outfit.

"Uhh, hey Boyun." was all I could manage to say. I could see her cheeks flushed as she smiled and slightly bowed her head. I bowed slightly too and said, "So, we better get in first, I'm getting cold haha," I chuckled a bit and nodded my head to the icecream parlour, "Ladies first," I bowed slightly and lead her into the parlour. She giggled and just walked past me.

"So, what would you like? My treat!" I grinned, trying to enlighten the mood and clear up the awkwardness between us. My mind tells me that Boyun was also trying to enlighten the mood since she answered so confidently and happily. "I like the Lemon Sorbet flavour!!" she jumped a little. I laughed and shook my head as I ordered the icecream for her.

 

"I did NOT fall down okay, I just lost my balance for a while.." Boyun protested. She pouted as she crossed her arms and stood outside the toilet. I stood there still laughing at the fact that she just fell while walking out of the toilet. "Aigoo, okay okay I'll stop laughing," I covered my mouth with my palm. She narrowed her eyes at me and walked out of the parlour. She's not mad right? I jogged after her. "Hey, you're not mad right?" I questioned her. She looked at me from the corner of her eyes and said, "Hmm, maybe." We walked along the streets of Seoul, admiring the beauty that was placed everywhere around us. I poked the side of her waist. "Ahh!" she blurted out after a long moment of silence. "Hah! So you are ticklish!" I started to tickle her until she was almost on her knees. "Stop stop!!" she shrieked at me slapping my arms. I stopped tickling her and laughed, "Now I know what's your weakness eh Boyun." I smirked. "Oh, shut up." she punched me in the arm. "Oww!" "That's what you get hah," she stucked out her tongue at me. I just smiled and shook my head. Well, I think that this date had gone well.

 

"Today was fun," I said to Boyun as I walked down the street with her, to her house. "Yeah it is. We should do it some other time," she turned to me and smiled. The awkwardness was coming back as it was so quiet in the neighbourhood. Once again, I broke the silence. "It's so quiet here. Don't you ever get awkward?" She gave me a questioning look and answered, "Why would it be? I like peace. Peace is nice. So is dancing." I flinched as she said the word 'dancing'. "Wait, you dance?" She scoffed, "Yeah. Contempory dance. Why? I don't look like one?" "Whoa, hold it back girl. Just asking. How come you didn't tell me you were in dance too?" We reached to her doorstep. It was an average house with faint light coming out from it. She went up the stairs and turned to look at me. "You didn't ask." she said with a twinkle in her eyes. "I should get going now, see you in school Sungjae. And thanks for today. I enjoyed myself." she waved. A figure opened the door and my eyes widened at the sight of him.

"You." I stated in shock.

 

A/N: Hey! I'm back in Singapore. And I'll be going off to KL in 2 days time omg -dreads- There is deff no wifi in KL so you guys just have to wait hehehehe. Guess who was at the door?