We are..cousins?

Can I Stay At Your Place?

Sungmin woke up with a groan. His head pounded something terribly, and he couldn't even remember falling asleep to begin with. He was laying on his back on the couch with the blanket spread out over his body and a bag with now warm carrots laying beside him.  
He raised a hand and carefully touched his cheek. It was still swollen, but not as bad. It hurt though. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he pushed himself into sitting. The clock on the wall showed that it was early Sunday morning.


He looked around. Two empty tea cups was standing on the coffee table from yesterday. Kyuhyun was nowhere in sight though. But the younger had of course went to bed last night.
Sungmin smiled slightly to himself. The younger had been very nice to him when he got home. He was thankful for that. He was also sure that it was Kyuhyun who had covered him with the blanket when he fell asleep. Who else could it be?


Carefully he stood up from the couch. His hip was stiff and still hurt a bit, but it was better. With a sigh he carefully walked over to the younger one's bedroom. He knocked softly on the door, but received no answer. He shrugged his shoulder and was about to leave the other alone, but for some reason he still pressed the door handle down as quiet at the squeaky door allowed. Mentally cursing the old door, he opened it enough to look inside and smiled at the sight that met him.


Kyuhyun was sleeping on his side covered by a thick blanket and surrounded by at least five or six pillows. He was hugging one pillow to his chest and had his head buried into another. When Sungmin  moved inside the room the younger shifted, lifting his head slightly from the pillow only to let it drop down again, this time without hiding his face. His dark curls fell down in his face and he looked absolutely peaceful as he snored softly.
Silently Sungmin chuckled into his hand. Kyuhyun where adorable when he was asleep!


Quietly the older walked over to the bed and leaned down and adjusted the blanket securely around the other, before whispering softly;  "Thanks for taking care of me last night."
Then he decided to leave before he woke Kyuhyun up. Sneaking into his room was disrespectful as it was, and the younger probably wouldn't like to wake with him in there.


***


Kyuhyun woke up feeling very well rested and relaxed. His bed was so warm and so damn comfortable that he didn't want to get up at all. He lazy rolled onto his back and stretched his body, arms high over his head and made a satisfied sound.
He then glanced at his clock and realized that he had slept much longer than usual. Then he remembered Sungmin.


He wondered if the older was okey. Sungmin had fallen asleep almost immediately after finishing his teacup, and Kyuhyun had somehow managed to arrange the other so he was laying comfortably on the couch and then covered him up.


Slowly he pushed himself into sitting and brushed his hair out of his eyes. There was one thing about himself he couldn't understand, and that was why he cared so much. Why had he worried and helped Sungmin last night? They barely knew each others.
But as soon as he had seen the injuries something just clicked in his head and before he knew it he had ran to get the first aid kit.


Kyuhyun sighed softly and rolled off the bed as the doorbell suddenly rang. A few seconds later someone knocked on his door. "Kyuhyun-ah? Someone's at the door and its probably for you 'cause I haven't invited anyone over." He heard Sungmin's voice on the other side of the door.
"I'm coming." He simply answered, made sure that he was wearing pajamas pants and a shirt, then left the room.


Sungmin was sitting on the couch with his laptop before him on the coffee table. The older looked better than yesterday, and gave him a kind smile as he passed on his way to the door.
The person outside was obviously getting impatient as the doorbell now rang constantedly, which was rather annoying. So without checking he unlocked the door and opened it.


"Kyu-ah! How long were you going to make me wait, huh? I've been standing here for really long and one of your neighbours were giving me strange looks as she passed and it was very uncomfortable!"
Kyuhyun sighed and leaned against the doorframe as he listened to Ryeowook's rant about his bad manners.
"Did you just get out of bed? Kyu-ah, its past lunch time! How can you sleep your weekend away like that?!" With that his hyung pushed past him into the apartment and took his shoes off, arranging Kyuhyun's owns since the older simply couldn't stand a mess. And before he had a chance to even say anything, the older walked off into the living room, and that's when it hit Kyuhyun.
Damn, Ryeowook didn't know about his new "roommate"!


He hurried after the older and found him and Sungmin stare at each others, Sungmin with a slightly worried look and Ryeowook with eyes widened in surprise.
"Uhhm.."Kyuhyun stammered awkwardly, trying to come up with a good explanation.
"Kyu-ah, you're having a friend here? I didn't know, I'm sorry that interrupted!" Ryeowook exclaimed and bowed slightly at Sungmin.


Kyuhyun laughed a bit awkwardly, still trying to come up with something to say, but Sungmin was faster.
"Hi, its nice to meet you." The older said with a smile and stood up as he offered his hand to Ryeowook. "I'm Lee Sungmin, Kyuhyun's cousin from Goyang. Kyuhyun-ah was kind enough to let me stay here with him till I have found my own apartment."
Ryewook's eyes immediately lighted up and he eagerly shook Sungmin's outstretched hand. "Oh, its nice to meet you too! I'm Kim Ryeowook, I work as a chef at the same restaurant as Kyu-ah."

Before Kyuhyun knew it, the other two were talking eagerly to each others. And he had obviously gotten a new cousin.


"Yah, Kyu-ah! Why didn't you tell me that your cousin was going to live with you for some time?" Ryeowook had now turned to him with a questioning look. "I didn't even know you had a cousin in Goyang!"
Kyuhyun metally groaned and forced himself to smile. "I'm sorry hyung. It came up so suddenly that I forgot to tell you. And me and Sungmin isn't very close, probably why I haven't mentioned him before." He glanced at Sungmin and gave him a look.


Sungmin were still smiling though. "Don't be shy Kyuhyun-ah. We used to play a lot before when we were kids, but then my family moved from Seoul, and we lost contact. And why have you stopped calling me hyung?"
Kyuhyun's eyes widened in surprise as the older pouted at him in a adorable way.
"Kyu-ah, where's your manners?!" Ryeowook immediately scolded him with a frown.


Kyuhyun kept on staring at Sungmin's pouting face as Ryeowook turned back to the older and gasped. "What happened to your face? It's so swollen!"
Now it was Sungmin's turn to be speechless as he stopped pouting. "Ah, you see.."
"He tripped in the stairs." Kyuhyun quickly said, earing a slight glare and another adorable pout from Sungmin. "He's just too embarrassed to tell you. He's so clumsy sometimes."


Ryeowook, being the sweet and caring person he is, immediately started to inspect Sungmin's face, ignoring the fact that they just met, and started to ask if he had hurt himself anywhere else, giving Kyuhyun the opportunity to escape to his room.
He quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a big knitted sweater while his brain went into overdrive. He had a feeling that Sungmin didn't like his lie about him being clumsy. But on the other hand, Sungmin had lied first by saying that they were cousins.


Of course he understood that they couldn't tell the truth. Ryeowook would have freaked out, and probably called Kyuhyun's parents to tell them that their son had a criminal hunting stranger sleeping in his living room. Then his mother would freak even worse, and his father would come and...
Kyuhyun paled and decided that his parents wasn't allowed to find out about this at all.


He slowly made his way back to the living room only to find Sungmin glaring at him from the couch. Ryeowook was no where in sight, but he could hear him in the kitchen.
"What?" He hissed in an annoyed way. "You started. I don't have any cousins in Goyang."
Sungmin looked incredibly offended. "I'm not clumsy. I'm more graceful than you ever could be." He hissed back. Kyuhyun resisted the urge to stick his tongue out at the older.


"What should I say then? That you were beaten up in an alley when you were out for a walk?" He walked closer to the couch to make sure that Ryeowook couldn't hear them.
Sungmin's glare hardened and he hissed. "I wasn't beaten up!"
"No, just a bit." Kyuhyun answered sarcastically, and watched in amusement as Sungmin started to look less scary as his lips started to pout.


"Very funny Kyuhyun-ah, and its hyung for you from now on." The older muttered as Ryeowook walked back into the kitchen with a tray with three cups of steaming hot chocolate with marshmallows.
Kyuhyun smirked. "Forget it." He said as he took one of the cups from the tray.
Sungmin frowned as he was handed a cup. "Why? You call Ryeowook-sshi hyung."
"You haven't deserved that yet, Sungmin-ah~" Oh, he was in a devilish mood all of a sudden. Normally Ryewook was on the reciving end when he was in such a mood, but Sungmin was fun to tease.


Ryewook gave him a disapproving frown. "Kyu-ah, you should show your cousin more respect."
Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, he's used to it hyung. He's just embarrassed that I let it slip that he tripped because of his clumsiness."
"That's nothing to be embarrassed of Sungmin-sshi. Things like that happens. Kyu can be really clumsy too. When he started as a waiter he kept tripping over his own feet, and drop plates and such. He often drops things, and once he missed the door and walked straight into the doorframe instead. It was pretty funny."


A sly smile spread over Sungmin's lips. "Oh, really? Tell me more." And of course Ryeowook did.
Kyuhyun felt his cheeks turn red with embarrassment. It was true though, he could be really clumsy sometimes. Oh, was this karma or something?



 




Yeah, here's the new chapter, finally.
It's a bit short maybe, not much happens, but I have greater plans for future chapters. I honestly had no idea what this chapter was going to be about at first as I've had a slight writer's block thanks to another fanfic stealing all my inspiration.

But, I give you this now. Sungmin gets to see another, devilish, side of Kyuhyun, while Kyuhyun gets to see the cute side of Sungmin.
Also, they went from roommates to cousins.


Thanks for reading, please comment and surbscribe for more updates~


Here's my favourite picture of Kyu and Wookie together~